PDA

View Full Version : GMT +8 Group looking for player

yeknom
October 2nd, 2017, 16:30
FG License: GM has ultimate license so anyone can play.
Time Zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Day(s) of week: Every Wednesday at 8:30 pm GMT +8 for 3 hours. We are trying to have a pick-up game at other times as well. The pick-up game is not scheduled and is at times when 2 or more players can show up. It does not use the same characters as the ToEE game does. Whenever possible I try to schedule extra sessions as well. The Wednesday date is 80% of the time. The other 20% the game is rescheduled to real life issues with the players or myself.
Term: Long term.
Voice: Discord with the option of video at a later date.

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder.(Originally was 2e AD&D)
Game System Experience: 30+ years of experience GMing/Dming
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Relatively familiar.

Our group is looking to replace a player for our Temple of Elemental Evil Pathfinder Monday night games. We are a large party as we are playing the ToEE with the original intent that a large party would be needed. Characters are rolled 3d6 straight (overall bonus must be +2 before racial adjustments) and we are using only the Core Rulebook with Hero Points added in. Here is the game calendar link https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2592 . Originally our game was a 2e AD&D game but we were having issues with the ruleset and the reference books we were using. That is no longer the case with the ruleset (Celestian's amazing 2e Ruleset) and the 2e ruleset is a potential option for us should we have to restart our campaign.

We are also looking for players to join us in our pick-up games which happen frequently but without a regular schedule. The pick-up games are in a homebrew world and are very low fantasy.

Players must be the following:
Willing to use whatsapp for immediate communication (it is allowed by everyone's jobs and is used for scheduling purposes).
Willing to use our forum to discuss downtime activities.
Willing to work as part of a team.
Friendly.
Players who are generally in their late 30's to late 50's, although we will accept someone of a younger age if they fit in with us.
Player's who adopt an old school gaming mentality.
Players who would be willing to keep the same group going if the characters all died and who would be willing to switch back to Celestian's amazing 2e ruleset.

Players must not be the following
Prone to argue or otherwise impede game progress by nitpicking.
Rules Lawyers.
Complainers or whiners by nature.

The ideal player would be willing to pick up the character that was being played and play it(A human wizard or an Olven Fighter/Wizard). If not then a new character would be created. Characters are currently level 6. There are 7 players at present for the ToEE, though we sometimes have less than the 7 who show up.

yeknom
October 3rd, 2017, 12:18
Still looking for one more.

Gardo
October 4th, 2017, 07:43
Still looking for one more.

Can I Join? just a noob i have 1 other pathfinder game where i just hit level 2. i am cool with your game time i should be able to come mostly every week unless work interferes

yeknom
October 4th, 2017, 09:39
Hi Gardo, we'd be happy to have you. Can you drop me a PM?

yeknom
October 4th, 2017, 14:51
Still looking for one more player. Please be reminded to read the information on the game advertisement, thanks!

yeknom
October 5th, 2017, 12:03
Still looking for one more player. Please be reminded to read the information on the game advertisement, thanks!

yeknom
October 6th, 2017, 02:05
Still looking for one more player.

yeknom
October 6th, 2017, 12:51
Game Full. We are always looking for folks to join us for pick-up games though, so if you are interested post here or sign up on the game calendar. Thanks!!!

yeknom
October 14th, 2017, 12:56
The player who was set to join us is no longer going to join the group so we are in need of another player.

yeknom
February 15th, 2018, 17:00
This game is looking for one more player who would fit in well with our group. If you are that person who wants to have a fun, intense game then let me know.