PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug Reports (Part 3)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2017, 12:47
Time to retire the old thread again. All issues reported in that thread (and any other previous thread) have been fixed. You can view the retired thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37510-5e-Bug-reports-(Continued-Part-2)) and a list of updates to current modules can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates). You can also find a list of Patch notes here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Please report all 5e related bug reports below. That is anything to do with the ruleset and any modules whether core (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

Please give sufficient information in your report so that the bug can be easily traced or replicated.

Garantor
October 3rd, 2017, 20:50
While I have not looked at all of the spells on NPCs there are some spells I have noticed are not parsing correctly when put on the combat tracker, at least when they are auto-generated from a Spellcasting trait.

Chill Touch: This spell shows a to hit of 0, even though other spells are showing the correct to hit. Can be fixed by manually entering the +x to hit to the spell description on the npc sheet, but like the others it should set this automatically.
Chromatic Orb: The same to hit issue as Chill Touch, plus it lists 6 instances of 3d8 damage, but all are untyped instead of having 1 of each of the six damage types you can choose from. Adding a DMGTYPE effect before doing the damage is a work around.
Blindness/Deafness: The saving throw does not show up at all on the combat tracker, even though it is in the spell description.
Crown of Madness: The same issue as Blindness/Deafness.

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2017, 22:32
Garantor, welcome to the forums. Changes were just made today in spell parsing, can you confirm you are trying this with the new updated version 3.3.3?

Moon Wizard
October 3rd, 2017, 23:00
Thanks for reporting, Garantor. I just pushed a hot fix for v3.3.3 released today that should address. I updated the spell parsing exception data to work with several of the new features released in v3.3.2. (magic resistance, spellcasting trait calculations, CT quick entry parsing)

Regards,
JPG

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 00:11
Curse of Strahd

Problem: See image. Damage resistances have been merged with skills.

The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Problem: See Image. The gibbering trait has been split up into two separate traits.

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 00:28
DD MM Monster Manual
Monster Manual - Creatures
Green Slaad

Two Images. In both images, the left image is from the DD MM Monster Manual module. The right image is from the Monster Manual - Creatures module
The first image shows that the ranges are missing from the Monster Manual - Creatures module.
The second image shows that the all the x/day spells are at will despite what it says in the trait section of the Monster Manual - Creatures module.

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 00:35
DD MM Monster Manual
Monster Manual - Creatures
Intellect Devourer

See image: The left image is from the DD MM Monster Manual module. The right image is from the Monster Manual - Creatures module
The Body Thief descriptions are different.

Same thing is happening with the Mind Flayer. The descriptions of the Mind Blast action are different between modules, plus in the Monster Manual - Creatures module, the ranges for the Innate Spells are missing, plus all the Innate Spells are showing as At Will despite the description in the Trait section.

P.S. Before you ask, I do not have the Basic Rules or the 5e SRD Rules loaded.
P.P.S. I won't do any more comparison between these two modules. They should be identical since, supposedly, they come from the same source, but they are not. I suggest going through the Monster Manual - Creatures module and compare it to the DD MM Monster Manual module and fix any differences.

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 00:53
Hoard of the Dragon Queen
Otyugh

See circled item in image.

Garantor
October 4th, 2017, 00:55
It was after 3.3.3 came out. However, after I exported the module and moved it to the computer I DM from then it all worked as it should have. I am not certain why it was not on the laptop, even after I deleted the spells to have them generate again, but it does appear to be working correctly on the other computer.

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2017, 01:01
I pushed a hot fix at 3pm, and the original release was at around 11am. I will occasionally do this if I feel the issue warrants a quick fix and it has been less than about 24 hours.

So, you might have the earlier version on your laptop. Try running another update on the laptop.

Regards,
JPG

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 01:07
Tomb of Annihilation
Boar

The description of the Charge and Relentless traits are different than the Monster Manual.

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2017, 02:04
@astromath. What is the Monster Manual - Creatures?

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 02:10
Here are screenshots of each module.

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2017, 02:14
Your screenshot is showing a group called monster manual - creatures. I need to know which module that group is in. It is an adventure module I think.

astromath
October 4th, 2017, 02:23
I just narrowed it down. It is from Out of the Abyss. It has two creature listings: One is the Monster Manual - Creatures, and the other is Out of the Abyss - Creatures.

lasmela
October 4th, 2017, 19:11
I don't know if this has been reported before but adding the War Domain to a new character should give the proficiency with martian weapons and heavy armor. It does add the feature Bonus Proficiencies (War) but it does not add them to the proficiencies section of the character sheet.

Edit: I used the War Domain from the PHB Module

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2017, 22:02
I don't know if this has been reported before but adding the War Domain to a new character should give the proficiency with martian weapons and heavy armor. It does add the feature Bonus Proficiencies (War) but it does not add them to the proficiencies section of the character sheet.

Edit: I used the War Domain from the PHB Module
That is working as intended. The only proficiencies which get added to the Character Sheet automatically are the starting proficiencies for the class at level 1.

rob2e
October 5th, 2017, 04:09
Don't know that I would call it an "error" per se, but are we happy with the unconscious condition being automatically assigned to NPCs? I mean for PCs, it's great, but in 5E, NPCs are dead, not unconscious, and (to me) it's VERY ANNOYING to have the unconscious condition applied to NPCs. Anyone?

astromath
October 5th, 2017, 04:23
It says in the PH or the DMG (I forget which), if the DM determines that the NPC is important enough for the scenario, s/he gets to decide if that NPC is unconscious or dead.

Can anybody back me up on that? Thx.

rob2e
October 5th, 2017, 04:26
I think that IS true because you CAN do non-lethal damage. But I would like to see FG either have the OPTION to apply unconscious or to NOT do it AUTOMATICALLY on NPCs. MY (personal) reason is that I use sounds and every time someone goes to zero HP we gotta hear that fakakta sound. It's cool when it happens to PCs, but not NPCs. I just didn't like that FG FORCED this new condition on us. I'd rather it be an option.

No?

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2017, 04:57
I don't get it. Here's how I see it;
A) If a DM is using unconscious rules for NPC's then having it automatically added as a condition is what you want.
B) If the DM is not using it then the NPC is dead and it doesn't matter what conditions are applied since I'm just going to remove them from the CT anyway.

The only time it's annoying is when the NPC goes to 0 and as the DM you want to reverse it, now you have to remove a condition that is not applicable. Given that to me that happens less than 20% of the time, I'd rather have the condition applied.

So, what am I missing?

rob2e
October 5th, 2017, 05:02
I don't get it. Here's how I see it;
A) If a DM is using unconscious rules for NPC's then having it automatically added as a condition is what you want.
B) If the DM is not using it then the NPC is dead and it doesn't matter what conditions are applied since I'm just going to remove them from the CT anyway.

The only time it's annoying is when the NPC goes to 0 and as the DM you want to reverse it, now you have to remove a condition that is not applicable. Given that to me that happens less than 20% of the time, I'd rather have the condition applied.

So, what am I missing?

You're missing two things...
1) I said I was using sounds, and it's just super annoying to hear the unconscious sounds EVERY TIME (EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!) an NPC drops to zero. It's annoying because it happens a lot and it's the ONLY change lately they've made that affects sounds that way, because sounds ARE awesome.

2) Are you not playing with sounds? You ARE missing out.

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2017, 05:05
You're missing two things......
I told you I was :)
No, even though I think the DOEs are amazing, I haven't put the effort into sounds yet.

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2017, 11:04
I'm guessing but I suspect that the unconscious condition is applied so that checks can be made for any necessary effects that the NPC applied to another actor can be removed when the effect is related to something hat would require a concentration check. I think this is now working as it should and all I can suggest is that you remove the sound effect for a creature falling unconscious if it is annoying you too much. You could tie the sound to 'Dying' which would only trigger it when the creature gets the fatal blow rather than whenever it's turn comes around on the CT (assuming the annoyance is that you leave dead NPCs on the CT rather than remove them - which I know some people do).

Caelen
October 5th, 2017, 21:12
The Curse of Strahd player module has incorrect information for the Haunted One background's skill proficiencies.

From the FG Module:

Skill Proficiencies: Choose one from among Arcana, Investigation, Religion, and Survival
From the CoS Character Options pdf (https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/CoS_Character_Options.pdf) and confirmed by Jeremy Crawford on twitter (https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/705467140246106112)

Skill Proficiencies: Choose two from among Arcana, Investigation, Religion, and Survival
I highlighted the difference in bold.

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2017, 23:30
Well spotted. Seems that the character options in that PDF differed from the original book.

astromath
October 6th, 2017, 05:24
You might need to look at publication dates. The question is was the pdf published before the book or after? If the pdf came after the book, then the pdf has the correct info, otherwise the book has the correct info.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2017, 09:00
That's what I was saying, the original book had one skill and that's what the FG module follows. That PDF was published at a later date and not, it would seem, as errata but just as a thing. So it's noted up on my list.

Caelen
October 6th, 2017, 17:58
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but most of the adventure modules do not include a Reference Manual section in the library. Only TYP and ToA have it. All of the non-adventure books (PHB, SCAG, etc) have it as well.
20902 20903

JohnD
October 6th, 2017, 19:44
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but most of the adventure modules do not include a Reference Manual section in the library. Only TYP and ToA have it. All of the non-adventure books (PHB, SCAG, etc) have it as well.
20902 20903

Ref Man is a relatively new development.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2017, 20:15

Indeed, only since TYP has a reference section been included in adventures. Obviously the DMG, PHB and SCAG have reference manuals since that is what they are.

Caelen
October 6th, 2017, 21:39
I found a little typo in the Tortle Package. In the main description of the race, under Adventurers at Heart, fourth paragraph, the first line got separated into its own paragraph. 20905

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2017, 21:41
Thanks for reporting.

Caelen
October 6th, 2017, 21:43
Indeed, only since TYP has a reference section been included in adventures. Obviously the DMG, PHB and SCAG have reference manuals since that is what they are.

I hope the other adventures get a reference manual eventually; it really helps with navigating the adventures.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2017, 22:20
I hope the other adventures get a reference manual eventually; it really helps with navigating the adventures.

I agree, but it is a tremendous amount of work and I have limited time. For some of the modules I'd basically have to redo them from the ground up. That's hundreds of hours of work and I didn't do the original modules for the earlier adventures. The PHB and DMG were redone and so has SCAG to take advantage of the new layouts available in reference manuals, but I do not think that the older adventures will get the treatment.

Minty23185Fresh
October 7th, 2017, 00:45
I believe there might be a slight logical error in the lua file 5E\campaign\scripts\power_page.lua
(5E ruleset v3.3.3)

At approximately line 135 the bUpdatingGroups flag is set to true.
Then based on some conditions, the routine exits early (line 150) without ever resetting the flag to false.

function onGroupNameChanged(nodeGroupName)
if bUpdatingGroups then
return;
end
bUpdatingGroups = true; -- <---- line 135

local nodeParent = nodeGroupName.getParent();
local sNode = nodeParent.getNodeName();

local nodeGroup = nil;
local sOldValue = "";
for sGroup, vGroup in pairs(aGroups) do
if vGroup.nodename == sNode then
nodeGroup = vGroup.node;
sOldValue = sGroup;
break;
end
end
if not nodeGroup or sGroup == "" then
return; -- <---- line 150
end

end

Zacchaeus
October 7th, 2017, 10:35
I'll take your word for it and see that someone who understands this gets to know about it :)

lokiare
October 7th, 2017, 16:52
I found a little typo in the Tortle Package. In the main description of the race, under Adventurers at Heart, fourth paragraph, the first line got separated into its own paragraph. 20905

We are fixing this now. Expect an update soon.

Moon Wizard
October 7th, 2017, 18:48
@Minty23185Fresh,

Thanks for the pointer. Since there haven't been any specific reports that I have which are associated with this code, it's may not be getting triggered in the current 5E ruleset. I'll add it to the list to fix up for future releases.

Regards,
JPG

Blurr
October 8th, 2017, 00:21
Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears the Tortle race only gives base AC of 13, when it should be base AC of 17 due to the Natural Armor trait.

astromath
October 8th, 2017, 03:17
That's a limitation with FG itself. You need to manually modify it.

Zac: Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2017, 12:05
Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears the Tortle race only gives base AC of 13, when it should be base AC of 17 due to the Natural Armor trait.

At present there's only one other race which has natural armour, that being the Lizardfolk in Volo's Guide. I think code was inserted into FG to take account of that at the time Volo was published. It would take more exception code I think to handle the Tortle, since FG is fixing on the wording 'natural armor' and making it 13. I'll note it up on the list of things to look at but in the meantime the workaround would be to either simply override the AC in the character sheet or add a bonus into the 'misc' box or create an effect of AC:4 and place it on the character/

epithet
October 8th, 2017, 23:06
When creating an NPC with the Spellcasting trait, the value provided for spell save DC is completely ignored. When you add the NPC to the combat tracker, FG will calculate the spell save DC based on the CR and the value of the spellcasting stat regardless of what the user provides for a spell save DC.

So, for example, assume your Spellcasting trait provides "The thingie is an X-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC Y, +Z to hit with spell attacks.)" The value you put in for Y (and probably Z, as well) is completely ignored, because FG will just add the proficiency bonus to the stat bonus for the indicated spellcasting stat plus 8 and override your indicated DC with that value. I am guessing that it will also override your Z value with stat bonus + proficiency bonus.

That ain't right.

If I want to tweak the spell save DC because, for example, I have given an NPC a spell focus item with a bonus, then FG should respect my entered value. I should not have to enter an inaccurate CR just to get the NPC to load into the combat tracker with the correct values for spellcasting, or remember to apply an effect to the NPC before I start the first round of combat. (By the way, when are we going to be able to add effects to NPCs in encounters, so that they automatically load into the combat tracker with the effect active?)

Please fix it.

Edit: As far as I can tell, there is no way to modify a creature's spell save DC or its spell attack bonus (without modifying all attack bonuses) using an effect. Did I miss it, or is that not an implemented effect?

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2017, 23:33
This was changed recently so that NPCs use their Spellcasting bonus correctly so that spell effects which use that bonus would be correctly computed, such as the case with healing spells. So FG no longer uses any Spell save DC or attacks noted in the Spellcasting trait, but calculates the correct value.

There aren't any effects which add or subtract directly to a save DC. The bonus or penalty would need to be applied to the actor making the save. So if you want an NPC or PC to have more difficulty making a save then apply an effect such as SAVE: -1, dexterity.

You may be interested in this extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40270-Item-Enhancement-(add-effects-to-items-and-when-they-are-equipped-apply-them)

Moon Wizard
October 8th, 2017, 23:54
If the DC is embedded specifically in the spell description (not using the spell auto-assignment), then that DC will be used. (i.e. "DC 15 wisdom saving throw")

Regards,
JPG

epithet
October 9th, 2017, 03:39
This was changed recently so that NPCs use their Spellcasting bonus correctly so that spell effects which use that bonus would be correctly computed, such as the case with healing spells. So FG no longer uses any Spell save DC or attacks noted in the Spellcasting trait, but calculates the correct value.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it? If I say the spellcaster has a spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spells, then that is the correct value. It doesn't matter whether his prof. bonus and stat bonus add up to 7--I'm the DM, and I can set his spell save DC to whatever I want it to be for that NPC. If the only way to override the auto-calculation is to manually change the save DC for each and every spell, that's a bug. It's broken. I appreciate the ability of Fantasy Grounds to do calculations for me, but it is a problem when I can't easily override that. The correct spell save value isn't a formula to be calculated. By the time my NPC is loaded into the combat tracker, the correct spell save DC is what I wrote in the spellcasting trait, no more, no less. Fantasy Grounds, in this instance, is calculating the incorrect value and overriding my entry with its error.

Myrdin Potter
October 9th, 2017, 04:48
epithet - Do you change the DC and + to hit pretty often? Because lots of people make the error on not applying the proficiency bonus from the NPC CR and try to key off of the spell caster level. I think you understand that but want an NPC or group of NPC to have better rolls?

So I would say that you want to override when you specifically want a value, not that the base calculation is wrong. It actually is correct as per the RAW, except for the rule that the DM runs their game and sets their rules. The autocalculation probably helps the vast majority and does not help you in this case.

IF FG is just ignoring the text, then maybe there should be a way to flag it not to. like using [] or something.

epithet
October 9th, 2017, 17:38
The issue came up when I was trying to modify a caster to reflect the magic item that I wanted to give the NPC (and subsequently to the party that squashed him.) It is a much deeper issue, though--even following the rules in the DMG, you can have two distinct CRs (offensive and defensive) which are averaged into the CR of the NPC. If the offensive CR of the NPC is skewed by Fantasy Grounds overwriting the DM's calculations with its own based on the average CR, everything is thrown off.

The bottom line is that there are a number of factors that can go into calculating the save DC. Having the software force it to conform to the most simplistic calculation (unless you want to go in and manually add the correct DC to every spell on the list) is broken. As I understand it, the design principle of Fantasy Grounds is that the automation should make adventure prep and game play faster and easier, but ultimately not supplant DM judgement or restrict options that a party or DM would have on a physical tabletop. Hell, we even have an option now to use FG with physical dice. How does that reconcile with overwriting the DM's save DC?

Ultimately, if people are using the wrong proficiency bonus when cooking up standard NPCs, that's on them. I would point out, however, that you can come up with the save DC based on CR, or you can come up with the offensive CR based on save DC and to-hit bonus (and damage-per-round) and then average it with the defensive CR (which could be very different.) There is not just one simple way to cook an NPC.

If a DM can't set the save DC for a spellcaster NPC, that's a bug, not a feature. I don't need my campaign idiot-proofed to keep me from using the "wrong" value for saves and to-hit, I have the DMG and a calculator and I am quite capable of handling that myself, thanks.

Edit: What's next, is Fantasy Grounds going to parse the text from the armor box to calculate the "correct" AC based on "chain shirt and shield" and the dex bonus to overwrite the AC that I enter? I'm sorry, but the idea that this program has been updated to prevent me from using the "wrong" prof. bonus for my NPCs is just really, really irksome.

Zacchaeus
October 9th, 2017, 17:59
At present this is working as intended; it isn't a bug per se. This may be worthy of inclusion in the wish list so that Moon Wizard can see why there might be a need for more flexibility on this one.

astromath
October 9th, 2017, 18:34
@Zach. Can I make a suggestion? At the bottom of Moon's post is the link to the wish list. My request is that you add that link to yours. It'll save time in trying to locate Moon's posts since you post more often.

epithet
October 10th, 2017, 00:05
You intend for the program to override the DM entered value with a formula that doesn't apply to every situation and that lacks a variable that can modify it to return a correct and accurate value?

That seems more like a "whoops, we didn't think of that" kind of thing.

Moon Wizard
October 10th, 2017, 00:16
Zacchaeus is just trying to help answer in this situation.

I'm the one who implemented the changes, and had to remove that piece due to some interactions that caused issues with the v3.3.2/3 code. Since the only way to change the overall DC is to modify the NPC anyway, and the DC can be modified by changing either the ability score or the CR of the creature, I made the call to remove it, instead of revert code for v3.3.2/3. I can see the benefit of having an override (and plan on adding it back in the future), but it won't happen in the very near term.

So, the workaround for now is to adjust either the spellcasting ability score or the CR of the creature to increase the spell DC/hit values for all spells.

Cheers,
JPG

epithet
October 10th, 2017, 00:32
I acknowledge your response and your position on the issue, but I do not find this to be at all satisfactory. As the DM, I should have the absolute ability to determine the attributes of custom or customized NPCs, and I should not have to wildly skew one attribute to compensate for another value that's off because FG thinks it knows better than I do.

Grizz
October 11th, 2017, 03:37
Awakened Shrub - Lists Damage Vulnerabilities: "fire Damage Resistances piercing". And Damage Resistances field is blank.

astromath
October 11th, 2017, 03:47
Against the Giants
Giant Ice Toad

Problem: Type should be monstrosity, not monstrisity.

Storm King's Thunder
Alastrah

Problem: Wrong formatting on type. It should be giant, not GIant.

Tomb of Annihilation
Swarm of Undead Spiders

Problem: Type formatting is incorrect as compared to previous type formatting for swarms. The type for this swarm should be "swarm of Tiny undead". Since they are undead, they are no longer beasts or even be detected as beasts.

LordEntrails
October 11th, 2017, 05:03
Volo's Guide: Tanarukk
Typo/parse error on Other tab, see image

Zacchaeus
October 11th, 2017, 09:02
Thanks all for reporting.

Gothstaff
October 12th, 2017, 03:03
Minor typo in PHB: Under both Reference Manual and Classes window, the monk's Way of the Shadow describes: "Sometimes the members of a ninja monastery are family m embers"
There's a space in "m embers"

Tuendal
October 12th, 2017, 04:19
Ok, so not sure if this is a bug or not, but figured i'd report it here and if not it can be ignored.

Werewolf in the MM when dropped into the combat tracker does not seem to have the effect of !silver. The description says the damage immunities should be from bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage from non-magical attacks that aren't silvered. However, if i add ",silver" to my weapon and attack, the damage is completely resisted. The wight which also has the same properties, does have the !silver added which appears to be correct since it has the same damage description.

I was just testing out if my silver weapon worked and found it didn't against the werewolf when i thought it should.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 10:33
Ok, so not sure if this is a bug or not, but figured i'd report it here and if not it can be ignored.

Werewolf in the MM when dropped into the combat tracker does not seem to have the effect of !silver. The description says the damage immunities should be from bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage from non-magical attacks that aren't silvered. However, if i add ",silver" to my weapon and attack, the damage is completely resisted. The wight which also has the same properties, does have the !silver added which appears to be correct since it has the same damage description.

I was just testing out if my silver weapon worked and found it didn't against the werewolf when i thought it should.

This is working for me (see graphic). Is this from the MM or is it from another module?

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 10:34
Minor typo in PHB: Under both Reference Manual and Classes window, the monk's Way of the Shadow describes: "Sometimes the members of a ninja monastery are family m embers"
There's a space in "m embers"

Noted

Tuendal
October 12th, 2017, 16:15
@Zacchaeus, i pulled it from the DD Basic Rules - DM. Sorry i thought i got it from the MM, but i have both in there for comparison see attached (Werewolf3)

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 16:45
Ok. It is correct in both versions. The basic rules don't mention silver AFAIK.

rob2e
October 12th, 2017, 16:52
Book of Lairs still opens up a blank "new personality" in NPCs.

Tuendal
October 12th, 2017, 17:11
If i open up the Information on the werewolf from the Basic Rules the Damage Immunities state the following "Bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non-magical attacks not made with silvered weapons" Which to means that it should be able to be hit with Silvered weapons. I'm not sure why the Basic Werewolf would be different from the MM werewolf since it basically the same monster.

See attached which is the NPC card from the DD Basic Rules - DM compared to the MM version. The damage immunities are worded slightly different but the basically say that if the weapon is magical or silvered it should hit.

Basically, you have two NPC's that are supposed to be the same but aren't and its likely due to the wording on the damage immunities. I can't imagine a Werewolf not being vulnerable to silver. It might not be a bug, but it is an inconsistency that probably should be addressed.

astromath
October 12th, 2017, 17:33
I think I see what's going on. It is the difference in the wording that the FG parser is picking up. The parser will pick up "aren't silvered" but ill not pick up "made with silvered". This is an FG problem that needs to be fixed because FG cannot legally change the wording on the basic rules werewolf to make it work.

For now, the workaround is to add the !silver into the effects yourself or use the MM werewolf.

Tuendal
October 12th, 2017, 17:49
yep, no issues doing the work around just bringing it up in the event it was a bug or at least noted as an inconsistency that could be addressed in the future.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 17:50
I think I see what's going on. It is the difference in the wording that the FG parser is picking up. The parser will pick up "aren't silvered" but ill not pick up "made with silvered". This is an FG problem that needs to be fixed because FG cannot legally change the wording on the basic rules werewolf to make it work.

For now, the workaround is to add the !silver into the effects yourself or use the MM werewolf.

I think it probably didn't matter what the wording was when the basic rules came out since I don't think FG would have picked up the silvered part anyway - that was added to the code later/ I can reword the basic rules so that it does worl.

Zacchaeus
October 12th, 2017, 17:51
Book of Lairs still opens up a blank "new personality" in NPCs.

So it does - working as intended :)

No it isn't I'll add it to my list.

astromath
October 13th, 2017, 01:26
The green slime from White Plume Mountain has a different write up than from Against the Giants. First: The DMG labels them as hazards, so they should have the type hazard. (There's also no write ups for any of the hazards and traps in the DMG. It would be real helpful if there were.) Second, the one in Against the Giants is listed as having blindsight. The one from White Plume Mountain should list it, but doesn't. The green slime from White Plume Mountain's size is listed as large. However, the description is a 5-foot square, which is medium.

It looks to me that the write ups were done by two different people. Since they are from the same book (Tales of the Yawning Portal), the write ups should be identical.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2017, 02:10
Nope all done by the same person.Me. I’ll look into it.

astromath
October 14th, 2017, 02:04
DD Monster Manual
Reference
Statistics
Type

The celestial type has been merged with the beast type.

hehaub
October 14th, 2017, 13:35
In the DMG items list, there are many items of "warning" they all have the trident picture associated with them. Is this by design?

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2017, 16:43
Sort of, the only artwork for a weapon of warning happens to be a trident.

hehaub
October 14th, 2017, 16:47
Sort of, the only artwork for a weapon of warning happens to be a trident.

that is what I was wondering, but it doesn't hurt to check. Thanks for the followup

Minty23185Fresh
October 15th, 2017, 19:20
This is another one of those "bugs" that looks to me, to just be extraneous or superfluous code. The code functions properly but there seems to be some statements that aren't necessary (maybe).

Here is the code segment. Approximately lines 526 - 534 of the onDrop() function in campaign\scripts\power_page.lua of the 5E ruleset (version 3.3.3).

function onDrop(x, y, draginfo)
if draginfo.isType("shortcut") then
local sClass = draginfo.getShortcutData();
if sClass == "reference_spell" or sClass == "power" then
bUpdatingGroups = true;
draginfo.setSlot(2);
local sGroup = draginfo.getStringData();
draginfo.setSlot(1);
if sGroup == "" then

This function is called when one drags a spell on to the Actions tab of the character sheet (from say the 5E Player's Handbook).

Line 531 sets the draginfo slot to 2. Then line 533 sets it back to 1. If one examines the draginfo object with Debug.console() one sees that when the spell is dragged over, there is only ONE slot in the draginfo information. Changing it to 2 prior to the getStringData() call does nothing but ensure sGroup is empty.

This is all predicated of course on my understanding of the code. Thanks, in advance for looking into this.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2017, 22:30
Noted, and passed to someone who knows about these things.

astromath
October 17th, 2017, 14:29
Monster Manual & Princes of the Apocalypse
Aboleth

Problem: Perception should be +10, not +1.

Tales of the Yawning Portal
Dead in They
Aboleth (R)

Problem: Perception should be +8, not -1. (based off the correction from above)

astromath
October 18th, 2017, 01:05
Player's Handbook

Problem is circled in the following image:

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2017, 10:41
Cheers @astromath - all noted

rob2e
October 19th, 2017, 23:46
This is some hardcore geek max level stuff, but I do consider it an error. Much like the "Potion of Healing" and "Potion Of Healing" inconsistancy (case of the letter "o" in the word of) since fixed perhaps (YAY!), this also grates on my "I wish this was consistent" nerve.

When opening ALL the WotC 5E material in the library and then looking at the Items Type list, I see that this list includes:

Item
Items

and

Wonderous Item (spelling)
Wondorous Item (spelling)
Wondrous Item (upper case I)
Wondrous item (lower case i)

Can we get that fixed? I would be happy to do the work myself if I had access. Of course, I don't.

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2017, 09:20
I'm aware of this one. It seems to be mainly the Scourge of the Sword Coast that's the problem.

SirGraystone
October 22nd, 2017, 13:50
Rakshasa in the monster manual have : Damage Vulnerabilities piercing from magic weapons wielded by good creatures

but in FG it seem to get vunerabilities to piercing AND magic weapons, a longsword +1 which is slashing do extra damage on it because of it.

hawkwind
October 22nd, 2017, 14:34
None of the maps in the Tortle mod have any pins in them, also the player maps are huge! I had to reimport smaller versions from the pdf

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2017, 16:11
Rakshasa in the monster manual have : Damage Vulnerabilities piercing from magic weapons wielded by good creatures

but in FG it seem to get vunerabilities to piercing AND magic weapons, a longsword +1 which is slashing do extra damage on it because of it.

Hmm, yes. FG isn'y going to recognise that particular form of works. Basically it thinks that it is vulnerable to piercing or magic rather than piercing and magic. I'll play with the wording a bit but I don't think I'm going to be able to solve that. Additionally there's no way to test for only good characters wielding such weapons.

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2017, 16:14
None of the maps in the Tortle mod have any pins in them, also the player maps are huge! I had to reimport smaller versions from the pdf

Yes, they do. Check that you haven't got the option to hide pins set (right click on the map; select layers; and then check Enable Links).

hawkwind
October 22nd, 2017, 16:53
I did that and still no pins, I added my own so they are definitely missing

hawkwind
October 22nd, 2017, 17:04
and while I'm on the subject of this module there is glitch typo on 02.05 "#wb;image;Dangwaru DM.jpg;500;535;Map 3: Dangwaru
" and room 5 is a strange place to have the links for the maps for the whole dungeon, 02.00 would of been a more logical place

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2017, 17:55
I did that and still no pins, I added my own so they are definitely missing

Are you using any extensions? Particularly the layers extension perhaps? I can equally say that the pins are definitely not missing, so the problem would appear to be at your end. If you can test in a new campaign without extensions then that would be useful to try and track down the problem for you.

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2017, 17:56
and while I'm on the subject of this module there is glitch typo on 02.05 "#wb;image;Dangwaru DM.jpg;500;535;Map 3: Dangwaru
" and room 5 is a strange place to have the links for the maps for the whole dungeon, 02.00 would of been a more logical place

Noted, I'll let the developer know.

hawkwind
October 22nd, 2017, 19:44
Are you using any extensions? Particularly the layers extension perhaps? I can equally say that the pins are definitely not missing, so the problem would appear to be at your end. If you can test in a new campaign without extensions then that would be useful to try and track down the problem for you.

I have other mods with maps which i can see the pins ok in the current campaign file. I have added fresh pins which i can see fine and for 5e I have a language extension running nothing else bar the movable dice tower, I have created a new campaign with no extensions and still no pins. Are you sure you have the same version that has been distributed to paying customers

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2017, 20:33
Yes. Which is why your issue is strange. And I would have expected to have heard about this before now if it was a universal problem. Can you go into your vault folder (in FGData) and delete the WOTC5ETORTLE.dat file and do an update to force it to download again. Also can you check in your rulesets folder (also in FGData) and see if there are any folders or .tmp files in there. If so can you delete them and do an update.

EDIT: Wait, apparently there has been a slight mix up and the correct version with map pins was never released to live; it is currently still only in test. My apologies, your version won't have the pins but this issue has been fixed and will be released soon. Sorry again for the confusion.

lokiare
October 22nd, 2017, 21:35

This is being fixed as we speak. The fix should be in Tuesday's update.

paladinesdragon
October 23rd, 2017, 19:42
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

- In the Images & Maps window under group it reads, D&amp;D instead of an actual ampersand.
- The musical instruments for a bard are not listed under Items.

Zacchaeus
October 23rd, 2017, 20:37
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

- In the Images & Maps window under group it reads, D&amp;D instead of an actual ampersand.
- The musical instruments for a bard are not listed under Items.

Yes, I've been aware of the first one for some time but the fix is eluding me so far.
As for the musical instruments they don't have costs or weights - hence not including them as equipment. It's therefore left up to the DM whether to include them or not.

paladinesdragon
October 23rd, 2017, 20:39
Yes, I've been aware of the first one for some time but the fix is eluding me so far.
As for the musical instruments they don't have costs or weights - hence not including them as equipment. It's therefore left up to the DM whether to include them or not.

Okay thanks.

epithet
October 24th, 2017, 15:47
Setting the group attack bonus for spells at stat+proficiency+bonus doesn't properly apply the bonus to individual spells if their attack is set to "group." Specifically, for a warlock with a rod of the pack keeper, I had added a 2 (the rod's bonus) to the spell group attack bonus calculation, and when the eldritch blast attack bonus was set to "group" it calculated it at stat + prof, without the 2 bonus I had added in the spells box.

So it's not just NPCs, it seems... if I want to use the bonus for a rod of the pact keeper for an NPC or a PC, I have to go into each individual spell and set it. Y'all must really not like spell attack bonus items.

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2017, 16:18
Setting the group attack bonus for spells at stat+proficiency+bonus doesn't properly apply the bonus to individual spells if their attack is set to "group." Specifically, for a warlock with a rod of the pack keeper, I had added a 2 (the rod's bonus) to the spell group attack bonus calculation, and when the eldritch blast attack bonus was set to "group" it calculated it at stat + prof, without the 2 bonus I had added in the spells box.

So it's not just NPCs, it seems... if I want to use the bonus for a rod of the pact keeper for an NPC or a PC, I have to go into each individual spell and set it. Y'all must really not like spell attack bonus items.

You need to set the bonus in the Spell meta data in the Power group - not the individual spell. As you can see from the graphic both the ranged attack and the spell save is increased by 2 (character has ability set at 10).

epithet
October 24th, 2017, 16:45
I thought I had made it clear in my post that setting the bonus in the "Spell meta data" (what I called the spells group attack bonus) was what I had initially tried, and that it didn't work.

Behold, screenshots.

As you can see from the graphics, setting the spells group attack bonus to cha+prof+2 and the individual spell to "group attack" gives an attack bonus that is 2 less than setting the individual spell to cha+prof+2. Character level 9, 20 charisma.

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2017, 18:01
Ok, I'm with you now. That is not working as expected. I'll see that the right person gets to know. Thanks for reporting.

epithet
October 24th, 2017, 18:05
Thanks

Ravendruid
October 25th, 2017, 08:37
Am I the only person for whom the Tortle package doesn't actually add any races? There is the description in the "Story" section, but no Tortle under the Races button, and nowhere do I find anything I can drag to the character sheet for Tortles.

Zacchaeus
October 25th, 2017, 09:01
Not in front of my computer right now to check but isn’t there a player’s module with all drag/drop capability including the race?

Ravendruid
October 25th, 2017, 10:27
Thank you. My stupid mistake, stopped looking after I saw the first module

Gothstaff
October 26th, 2017, 19:07
For Sunless Citadel, the NPC of Sharwyn Hucrele has a typo:
Under Traits > Spell Casting it says she has "+5 to hit with spell at- tacks"

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2017, 21:45
For Sunless Citadel, the NPC of Sharwyn Hucrele has a typo:
Under Traits > Spell Casting it says she has "+5 to hit with spell at- tacks"

So it does; however that won't affect anything now since the changes to the way spell attack and DCs are calculated. But I'll not it up for fixing anyway.

Thepaperclipkiller
October 27th, 2017, 08:01
Found a few mistakes that were taken care of in an Out of the Abyss Errata but not on Fantasy Grounds. The link to the errata is here. https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/OotA-Errata.pdf

Fungi Patch issue can be found in "05.02.00a Fungi Encounters List" and "05.02.03 Sentinel Mushrooms"

Stone Giant Guide is in "11.01.01 Finding the Way"

Egg Chamber is "13.05.08 Egg Chamber"

Demogorgon and Weaken Demogorgon are just their NPC stat blocks

Graz'zt is the NPC stat block.

Madness of Orcus is also in his stat block.

Willot
October 27th, 2017, 09:53
Critical Damage type seems not trigger up sometimes

Bitter Spear (spear)(Elves of Mirkwood);DMG: 2d6 piercing, critical

Produces this

If I give the target IMMUNE: critical I get this

Then I remove the IMMUNE effect and try again....

and it works!!!

Its almost like it had to be primed???

MMM ok It might be the Advanced effect extenson? If I cut n paste the effect line and create a new one (so its not applied by the effect) It works... Ill post there too

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2017, 10:56
Found a few mistakes that were taken care of in an Out of the Abyss Errata but not on Fantasy Grounds. The link to the errata is here. https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/OotA-Errata.pdf

Fungi Patch issue can be found in "05.02.00a Fungi Encounters List" and "05.02.03 Sentinel Mushrooms"

Stone Giant Guide is in "11.01.01 Finding the Way"

Egg Chamber is "13.05.08 Egg Chamber"

Demogorgon and Weaken Demogorgon are just their NPC stat blocks

Graz'zt is the NPC stat block.

Madness of Orcus is also in his stat block.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of errata for OotA.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2017, 11:13
Critical Damage type seems not trigger up sometimes

Bitter Spear (spear)(Elves of Mirkwood);DMG: 2d6 piercing, critical

This is working for me. See attached screenshot. The first result is with IMMUNE:critical switched off and the second is with it switched on.

Are you using any extensions? And how are you using it - I'm not seeing what weapon is being used.

Willot
October 27th, 2017, 12:54
Yeah seems to be advanced effects extention

Thepaperclipkiller
October 27th, 2017, 13:05
I just did a quick check and looks like the Volos Guide to Monsters errata and Sword Coast Adventurers Guide errata aren't in yet as well.

Volos: https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/VGtM-Errata.pdf

SCAG: https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/SCAG-Errata.pdf

Minty23185Fresh
October 27th, 2017, 14:30
... however that won't affect anything now since the changes to the way spell attack and DCs are calculated...

I'm sorry if this seems obtuse, but what does that mean? An upcoming release will radically change all the Cast/Atk/Save handling of spell casting?

Myrdin Potter
October 27th, 2017, 15:58
Minty - he means it is a typo but has no effect on the program mechanics and he will get the typo fixed. (Note to self - drink coffee before responding to forum posts).

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2017, 16:42
I just did a quick check and looks like the Volos Guide to Monsters errata and Sword Coast Adventurers Guide errata aren't in yet as well.

Volos: https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/VGtM-Errata.pdf

SCAG: https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/SCAG-Errata.pdf

Thanks, I wasn't aware of these either.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2017, 16:44
I'm sorry if this seems obtuse, but what does that mean? An upcoming release will radically change all the Cast/Atk/Save handling of spell casting?

It has already been released in 3.3.3. The phrase (+x to Spell Attacks, Spell save DC x) is no longer needed since FG calculates the correct attack and spell saves using the NPCs spellcasting ability score.

astromath
October 28th, 2017, 02:33
What's the max size of a jpg map you can use for the maps and images folder? I've add one that's 5248x3837 with no problem, but when I try to add another of similar size I get an invalid image file error.

JohnD
October 28th, 2017, 05:10
What's the max size of a jpg map you can use for the maps and images folder? I've add one that's 5248x3837 with no problem, but when I try to add another of similar size I get an invalid image file error.

What's the size (memory) of these files?

astromath
October 28th, 2017, 05:13
The first one, which was ok, is 6,725 KB. The second one, which was not ok, is 5,425 KB.

JohnD
October 28th, 2017, 05:37
Yeah those are way to big for practical use in play. When you mask them and start removing it you'll have lots of lag, as will your players. Also, the memory issues. I don't remember the recommended maximum, someone will, but I know it's a lot smaller than that.

rob2e
October 28th, 2017, 05:55

It is SUGGESTED, by the makers, that maps max out at 2048 x 2048. This is not a hard rule, but it is a suggestion to make things run smoothly. Also compression at 60%. I have no other info than that, except to say that when I make modules for Smiteworks, they do REQUIRE those parameters (to ensure eveyone can use them easily). Images that are NOT maps, should be limited to 1000 wide x 700 tall.

Zacchaeus
October 28th, 2017, 10:50
I don't think you would get an invalid image error if the files are too big; and also unless as DM you have a fantastic amount of stuff open you'll run out of memory. I'd check to make sure that the file is actually a .jpg file and not some other format. Also at what point are you getting this error (when you open it? load it?). It's possible the file is corrupted - possibly also an extension although that's unlikely. Can you open the image in a new campaign without any extensions?

astromath
October 28th, 2017, 11:19
They are definitely jpg. I use OpenOffice Draw to create the maps, then GIMP to put finishing touches on them and export them as jpg. Could be a memory issue then. I have Chrome with several tabs open, OpenOffice Draw open, Adobe Acrobat Reader open, FG open, and GIMP open.

I'll try to cut them down to size.

P.S. I looked in the Wiki before I posted for the answer. There's nothing about suggested file size or pixel size. It would be great if you put those pieces of info in. Thx.

astromath
October 28th, 2017, 11:52
DD Monster Manual
Giant Centipede

Problem: Senses does not list the passive Perception score.

Zacchaeus
October 28th, 2017, 12:09
DD Monster Manual
Giant Centipede

Problem: Senses does not list the passive Perception score.

Noted. You'll find information on images (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices) in this guide.

astromath
October 28th, 2017, 12:11
Noted. You'll find information on images (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices) in this guide.

Much appreciated. Thx.

lokiare
October 28th, 2017, 20:47

The limitation is the paging size of your graphics card. This sounds more like a corrupted file. Try opening it in an art program and re-saving it and then import the new image.

kylania
October 28th, 2017, 23:11
Rise of Tiamat's included Wraith NPC has a typo in it which results in broken stats:

Wraith 1 is from RoT, Wraith 2 is from Monster Manual. Note the extra "Glaive" Trait which breaks the resistances and condition immunities.

https://i.imgur.com/OEPVZxN.jpg

FSHSchmo
October 30th, 2017, 01:59
This is not only a 5e issue but all rulesets (that I tried). When exporting a module and you go to choose the module thumbnail FG crashes. Tried mostly on different 5e exports but also tried a few Core ones as well and they all cause FG to crash.

Zacchaeus
October 30th, 2017, 11:27
This is not only a 5e issue but all rulesets (that I tried). When exporting a module and you go to choose the module thumbnail FG crashes. Tried mostly on different 5e exports but also tried a few Core ones as well and they all cause FG to crash.

I can't replicate this. Can you give us some more information like what operating system you are using, where your data files are stored, do you see any error messages in the console, are you using any extensions, does this happen in a campaign without extensions?

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2017, 17:04
Also, can you post an example thumbnail that you are using?

Thanks,
JPG

FSHSchmo
October 31st, 2017, 00:00
I can't replicate this. Can you give us some more information like what operating system you are using, where your data files are stored, do you see any error messages in the console, are you using any extensions, does this happen in a campaign without extensions?

Brand new campaigns, no extensions. Windows 10, data files are stored in the default location (app data/name/fantasy grounds/etc... etc...)

Also, can you post an example thumbnail that you are using?

Thanks,
JPG

I am unable to even navigate to a thumbnail to use before FG crashes.

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2017, 00:48
Going to have to go more detailed to try and figure this out.

Can you send a copy of a campaign where this is happening, along with exact steps from launching FG until crash? You can zip up and send to [email protected]

Also, can you post a screenshot of chat window right after launching campaigns so we can see all the version numbers for rulesets?

Thanks,
JPG

epithet
November 1st, 2017, 04:52
It has already been released in 3.3.3. The phrase (+x to Spell Attacks, Spell save DC x) is no longer needed since FG calculates the correct attack and spell saves using the NPCs spellcasting ability score.

Or, if your NPC should have an attack bonus that is not proficiency plus stat bonus, or spell save DC that is not proficiency bonus plus stat bonus plus 8 (because, for example, of a magic item,) then FG will calculate the incorrect attack and spell saves, ignoring the values the DM has entered.

Just sayin'.

JohnD
November 1st, 2017, 05:03
Or, if your NPC should have an attack bonus that is not proficiency plus stat bonus, or spell save DC that is not proficiency bonus plus stat bonus plus 8 (because, for example, of a magic item,) then FG will calculate the incorrect attack and spell saves, ignoring the values the DM has entered.

Just sayin'.

+1!

lostsanityreturned
November 1st, 2017, 06:02
The Owl entry from the PHB is only listing keen sight rather than keen hearing and sight, the monster manual version is fine.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2017, 10:07
That's all that's in the PHB version as far as I can see. I mean not just the FG module but the paper PHB too.

Thepaperclipkiller
November 1st, 2017, 11:24
That's all that's in the PHB version as far as I can see. I mean not just the FG module but the paper PHB too.

An early PHB errata says that when in doubt, the MM stats for monsters are the authoritative ones. I think they say it like that so any fixes applied to the MM versions are applied to the PHB version, albeit in a roundabout way. It makes sense to not change it, because it's not technically fixed in any PHB errata per say but it also makes sense to change that to the MM version so that players can get the right stats for choosing the creature.

lostsanityreturned
November 1st, 2017, 12:28

From my current phb, and this one is a couple of years old now.
So it has been adjusted for a while now

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2017, 17:35
Interesting. Mine's got the same dates but is different. I'll fix the PHB entry.

FSHSchmo
November 2nd, 2017, 01:37
Will do. I can also let you remote in if you like and recreate it.

Thepaperclipkiller
November 3rd, 2017, 10:27
Technically this is a bug, although it is one that really doesn't need to be fixed. Or at least if there is any time where this is pertinent you are fighting a multi session long battle and I dunno why you would wanna do that.

Either way, Durations for Spell/Ability effects for an hour or a day aren't tracked in the combat tracker. Technically an hour should be 600 rounds in the tracker and a day is 14,400.

Again not important at all and really doesn't need the effort to fix it, just something I noticed when creating a Charm of Heroism effect for my group and testing it to make sure I did it right.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2017, 11:38
Indeed, if you need to track something which has a duration of anything other than minutes or rounds convert to rounds first. As you say the Combat Tracker is really only designed to cover combat rather than things like say daily travel etc.

Habanero
November 5th, 2017, 04:44
I did character creation for a campaign today, and one player added from their own library the module titled "Character Customization Pack" and selected a "Rock Gnome" as their race.

I have the "D&D Complete Core Class Pack" which should contain the "Character Customization Pack" right?

I cannot view the link titled "Rock Gnome" on his character sheet, and it gives me the error that I have not enabled the module titled "Character Customization Pack." I do not have that option in my modules section.

I believe my module titled "DD PHB Deluxe" should include the "D&D Complete Core Class Pack" which is in my library. It does not include the race titled Rock Gnome.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Habanero

kylania
November 5th, 2017, 05:20
Links point at products not content. So he's linking to what he had available and while the same CONTENT is in your Core Class Pack it's from a different PRODUCT so the links will be different. This is why selling pieces of content is silly. :) If one of my players did that I'd just have him erase the Custom Pack links and replace with links from my shared Core Class Pack instead so they'll be available to both of us while he's in my game.

Habanero
November 5th, 2017, 05:29
Yeah, I had him do that with his Background, but we were worried that the Class would mess up other parts of the character sheet.

Would you know how I can confirm that my D&D Complete Core Class Pack is working? I cannot find the "Rock Gnome" race anywhere in my content, and I am guessing I should have it somewhere in my collection?

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2017, 11:14
Rock gnome is a sub race of gnome. Open up the Gnome race in the PHB and scroll down to the bottom and you'll find the subraces.

Habanero
November 5th, 2017, 14:44
Ok, I see it now. Its buried deep in the document, and I was expecting to see it as its own race. Thanks for the clarification.

JohnD
November 5th, 2017, 16:09
Ok, I see it now. Its buried deep in the document, and I was expecting to see it as its own race. Thanks for the clarification.

When the player chooses Gnome as a race, they get a pop-up box asking them which sub-race they want to take. That's why you don't see it immediately.

epithet
November 5th, 2017, 23:24
When the player chooses Gnome as a race, they get a pop-up box asking them which sub-race they want to take. That's why you don't see it immediately.

You'd think that when you pick gnome, you'd get a pop-up asking "Are you sure?" I mean, I suppose some folks might choose gnome on purpose, but...

I kid, I kid.

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2017, 03:36
You'd think that when you pick gnome, you'd get a pop-up asking "Are you sure?" I mean, I suppose some folks might choose gnome on purpose, but...
Hey! It's not like a gnome is a kender or something!

Sildanis Kimetry
November 7th, 2017, 23:33
Hello,
In the PHB Deluxe in the Races Section under Half Orc it says, "Scarred and String". Probably should be Scarred and Strong. I updated to make sure I had all the latest.
Thanks,
Edward

tantauralus
November 10th, 2017, 08:41
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: The "Expanded Spell List"-Link in the Celestial Subclass for the Warlock links to the "Expanded Spell List" of the Hexblade Subclass

Mellock
November 10th, 2017, 08:45
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: Go to Appendix B -> Character Names, At the bottom, choose Template: Human Names. Hit the "Generate" button to have a list of generated names pop up. In that list, it will mis-generate the "Egyption" ones, it will keep saying"Female: Egyption, Female". The other ethnicities generate fine.

Perhaps it's because of the typo and it should say "Egyptian"?

Release the bug-fixing monkeys!

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 09:21
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: The "Expanded Spell List"-Link in the Celestial Subclass for the Warlock links to the "Expanded Spell List" of the Hexblade Subclass

Fixed, thanks for reporting

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 09:21
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: Go to Appendix B -> Character Names, At the bottom, choose Template: Human Names. Hit the "Generate" button to have a list of generated names pop up. In that list, it will mis-generate the "Egyption" ones, it will keep saying"Female: Egyption, Female". The other ethnicities generate fine.

Perhaps it's because of the typo and it should say "Egyptian"?

Release the bug-fixing monkeys!

Indeed the spelling mistake is the problem - Fixed

jfleischer
November 10th, 2017, 14:44
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: WotC Official Errata at the bottom of this post:
https://dndadventurersleague.org/xanathars-guide-to-everything/

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 15:01
Xanathar's Guide to Everything: WotC Official Errata at the bottom of this post:
https://dndadventurersleague.org/xanathars-guide-to-everything/

Thanks, although I can't find any kind of table about Path of the Ancestors - so maybe that's only something in AL stuff.

Evilrich
November 10th, 2017, 16:15
Xanathar's Guide ...
Forge Domain spell list points to Grave Domain spell list.

marcusrife
November 10th, 2017, 16:22
In Xanathar's the link for the oath spells for oath of conquest paladin links to the oath of redemption spells.

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 17:26
Xanathar's Guide ...
Forge Domain spell list points to Grave Domain spell list.

In Xanathar's the link for the oath spells for oath of conquest paladin links to the oath of redemption spells.

Yep, yep. I need to give each heading a different name since it's getting them mixed up.

PTBBC.ORG
November 10th, 2017, 19:31
Just found that Bag of Tricks table for XGtE shows Bag of Tricks {Rust) instead of (Rust)21419

kylania
November 10th, 2017, 19:32
Yep, yep. I need to give each heading a different name since it's getting them mixed up.

You also can't filter by the new stuff either:

https://i.imgur.com/kDwnMTv.jpg

PTBBC.ORG
November 10th, 2017, 19:46
When trying to create a background story from XGtE I got this error

Chance1d20
November 10th, 2017, 20:36
Haven't seen it mentioned yet: In Xanathar's Guide for the Bard College of Swords, the "Blade Flourish" feature was merged into the "Fighting Style" feature. Also, the description of the material components for the spell "Snare" bled into the spell description.

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 21:59
Just found that Bag of Tricks table for XGtE shows Bag of Tricks {Rust) instead of (Rust)

You also can't filter by the new stuff either:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet: In Xanathar's Guide for the Bard College of Swords, the "Blade Flourish" feature was merged into the "Fighting Style" feature. Also, the description of the material components for the spell "Snare" bled into the spell description.

All noted, thanks for reporting

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2017, 22:01
When trying to create a background story from XGtE I got this error

What are you doing when you get the error? Are you using any extensions? Does it happen when you try in a new campaign without extensions?

PTBBC.ORG
November 10th, 2017, 23:37
What are you doing when you get the error? Are you using any extensions? Does it happen when you try in a new campaign without extensions?

Ok, with all EXT off it worked just fine. 21422

The EXT I normally have running are the following:
Advanced Effects
5E Founts Wizards
Core Sidebar 5E
Decals for TYP, TOA, Volo's and Xanathar's
Death Indicator
DOE: Base
DOE: Sound
FFAL (just added that one today, might be it)
Wood Alt 32
TG Improved Crit

Left FFAL off and tried again, no issue. Which makes sense now that I think about it.

spite
November 11th, 2017, 01:35

Looks like that's happening in a lot of places across modules (and rulesets)
As outlined here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41031-XGTE-references-the-same-expanded-spells-for-warlocks&p=363878#post363878)

damned
November 11th, 2017, 01:56
Looks like that's happening in a lot of places across modules (and rulesets)
As outlined here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41031-XGTE-references-the-same-expanded-spells-for-warlocks&p=363878#post363878)

spite that is actually the cause of the Call of Cthulhu 7e Luck issue you reported yesterday. There are actually 6 or 7 Optional Rules sections and they all displayed the same content even though the real content is in there... (fix for that will be available soon btw).

kylania
November 11th, 2017, 05:56
None of the Encounters in Xan's have had CR or XP calculated so to award XP you need to unlock, calc and then drag.

Dracius
November 11th, 2017, 08:04
The Expanded Spell List link inside of the Celestial Warlock subclass opens up the Expanded Spell List for Hexblade.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 09:15
None of the Encounters in Xan's have had CR or XP calculated so to award XP you need to unlock, calc and then drag.

This is expected behaviour.

spite
November 11th, 2017, 09:32
spite that is actually the cause of the Call of Cthulhu 7e Luck issue you reported yesterday. There are actually 6 or 7 Optional Rules sections and they all displayed the same content even though the real content is in there... (fix for that will be available soon btw).

Ah nice, thought it might be related given how close in nature it was.

Cool you are all on top of it :)

Vetrifuge Finthirion
November 11th, 2017, 14:56
In Xanathar's Guide, under This is Your Life -> Origins, there is a Template: Background Story which is described as a way to do all the rolls at once. The instructions at the top say there is a Generate button at the bottom, but no such button exists. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

ddavison
November 11th, 2017, 15:04
I'm re-posting this report from a Steam user just to keep everything in the same place.

Just a heads up, the Forge Domain's Domain Spell on in Linked Story Card is wrong, its using the same ones as the Grave Domain. Not a huge issue considering the reference manual has it correct, but would like for a fix/update. Otherwise, quite a great dlc that adds a lot of extra choice and tables. Very juicy.

FXguy
November 11th, 2017, 15:38
In the Human Names generator, the word, "Egyptian" is misspelled as "Egyption" and when names are generated, both male and female names only say, "Egyption, Female" and "Egyption, Male," respectively.

MODERATOR: Moved to 5E bug tracking thread.

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2017, 16:17

This is expected behaviour.
Um, I don't think this is how any other modules are handled is it? Why change the philosophy now?

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 16:54
Um, I don't think this is how any other modules are handled is it? Why change the philosophy now?

The encounters are pretty much all anonymously linked to the MM. I cannot include the monsters in Xanathar since that would mean including all of the monsters in the MM (or most of them anyway). Since the monster needs to be present in the module in order to reference the CR and XP the encounters in Xanathar don't have that information until the user generates it. Furthermore the vast majority of the encounters are random encounters and the XP and CR for those are only calculated (as normal) after the encounter is generated and refreshed.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 17:29
In Xanathar's Guide, under This is Your Life -> Origins, there is a Template: Background Story which is described as a way to do all the rolls at once. The instructions at the top say there is a Generate button at the bottom, but no such button exists. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hi Vertifuge welcome to FG.

Here's the button on the graphic attached. Do you not see this?

Vetrifuge Finthirion
November 11th, 2017, 18:06
That's correct - it does not show up for me at all. Here's what I see:

kylania
November 11th, 2017, 18:07

I noticed that button wasn't appearing for players, only the DM.

Vetrifuge Finthirion
November 11th, 2017, 18:09
FYI, I'm in "Manage Characters" mode, trying to create a new character. I both play in a campaign as a player and run one as a DM, but in this case I'm not "connected" to a particular online campaign when seeing this.

Vetrifuge Finthirion
November 11th, 2017, 18:37
Also FYI, I can confirm that once I loaded the campaign where I DM and re-opened Xanathar's in that mode, the "Generate" button appeared.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 18:43

I noticed that button wasn't appearing for players, only the DM.

FYI, I'm in "Manage Characters" mode, trying to create a new character. I both play in a campaign as a player and run one as a DM, but in this case I'm not "connected" to a particular online campaign when seeing this.

Ok, I can reproduce this. The question now is; are Templates supposed to work on the players side or not. I'll need to investigate. BTW not at all sure if they'll work in manage characters.

EDIT: Ok, I have confirmation that Story Templates won't work on the players side. This is because players can't create records other than player characters and notes. Players will therefore have to rely on their DMs to create the story and share it with them.

Vetrifuge Finthirion
November 11th, 2017, 18:46
In my opinion, given that this template is designed for character backstory creation it makes sense that it should work for players as well.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 19:01
In my opinion, given that this template is designed for character backstory creation it makes sense that it should work for players as well.

See my edit above

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2017, 20:01
The encounters are pretty much all anonymously linked to the MM. I cannot include the monsters in Xanathar since that would mean including all of the monsters in the MM (or most of them anyway). Since the monster needs to be present in the module in order to reference the CR and XP the encounters in Xanathar don't have that information until the user generates it. Furthermore the vast majority of the encounters are random encounters and the XP and CR for those are only calculated (as normal) after the encounter is generated and refreshed.
Makes sense, thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2017, 22:29
IAnother tiny thing: The Walker in Dreams feature, from Druid's Circle of Dreams, does not italicize the spell Dream along with the other two. And it does not have a link to the Dream spell at the bottom, like the other two.
From Facebook so I remember

daggerfortysix
November 12th, 2017, 04:04
List links in traps section (specifically within the Reference Manual - Example Simple Traps) of Xanathar's Guide to Everything only links to NPCs and not to traps as indicated.

However, the NPCs Link directly from the Library does include the traps.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2017, 10:34
List links in traps section (specifically within the Reference Manual - Example Simple Traps) of Xanathar's Guide to Everything only links to NPCs and not to traps as indicated.
However, the NPCs Link directly from the Library does include the traps.

I'm not seeing this. The link goes to NPCs (Since the traps are NPCs)

tantauralus
November 12th, 2017, 10:58
XGtE: Cavalier Bonus Proficiency Feature links to the Samurai one.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2017, 12:28
XGtE: Cavalier Bonus Proficiency Feature links to the Samurai one.

Noted and fixed

daggerfortysix
November 12th, 2017, 16:13
Hmm. I still get this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21447[/ATTACH

It appears to me that mine is opening the NPCs only from SCAG.

daggerfortysix
November 12th, 2017, 16:51
And when SCAG is unloaded, that link goes to only the NPCs from the DMG. So there is something weird going on with that link. Same thing occurs on the List: Traps link on the Example Complex Traps page.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2017, 18:03
And when SCAG is unloaded, that link goes to only the NPCs from the DMG. So there is something weird going on with that link. Same thing occurs on the List: Traps link on the Example Complex Traps page.

Yeah, it would seen that the link only opens to the list of NPC in Xanather if it is the only module open. If I open another one then it defaults to that one and so on. Not sure if that's something that can be fixed or if it is expected behaviour. I'll have to investigate.

virzun
November 13th, 2017, 09:25
The stat block for Acerak in Tomb of Annihilation gives the wrong effect for a Sphere of Annihilation. If you fail the save, you take the force damage. If you make the save, nothing happens to you. As it is written, it doesn't match the third paragraph of the Sphere of Annihilation in the DMG, and is stupid crazy deadly.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2017, 10:55
The stat block for Acerak in Tomb of Annihilation gives the wrong effect for a Sphere of Annihilation. If you fail the save, you take the force damage. If you make the save, nothing happens to you. As it is written, it doesn't match the third paragraph of the Sphere of Annihilation in the DMG, and is stupid crazy deadly.

Oops. Yes, in trying to condense the description in the NPC sheet I've inadvertently made it a tad overpowered. I'll list that one for fixing.

Thanks for the report and welcome to FG

J5isalive
November 13th, 2017, 21:17
Hi guys not sure if its been mentioned but I noticed some things while viewing my new Xanathar's Guide to everything. 1). The Paladin Oath of Conquest's Oath spells links to the Paladin of Redemption Oath spells and the 2). Warlock, The Celestial expanded spell list links to the Hexblade expanded spell list. 3). Thank you guys for all you do and getting Xanathar's to us early and the extra time it took to make it work.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2017, 21:42
Hi guys not sure if its been mentioned but I noticed some things while viewing my new Xanathar's Guide to everything. 1). The Paladin Oath of Conquest's Oath spells links to the Paladin of Redemption Oath spells and the 2). Warlock, The Celestial expanded spell list links to the Hexblade expanded spell list. 3). Thank you guys for all you do and getting Xanathar's to us early and the extra time it took to make it work.

Already noted and fixed, but thanks for the report anyway. Update should be released tomorrow.

astromath
November 13th, 2017, 21:44
Great!!!

Willot
November 16th, 2017, 21:15
Armour & Shield AC Equiping and Uneqiping is a little Dicky
If a PC is wearing Armour and carrying a shield Unequiping the armor removes the shield as well when it should just remove the armor AC

If you unequip a shield it removes the shield AC bonus..Good. When the shield is reEquiped it doesnts add it back on

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2017, 21:54
Armour & Shield AC Equiping and Uneqiping is a little Dicky
If a PC is wearing Armour and carrying a shield Unequiping the armor removes the shield as well when it should just remove the armor AC

If you unequip a shield it removes the shield AC bonus..Good. When the shield is reEquiped it doesnts add it back on

I'm not seeing this; everything is working as expected. Are you using any extensions? If not can you walk me through the steps to reproduce the error.

Willot
November 16th, 2017, 22:50
I'm not seeing this; everything is working as expected. Are you using any extensions? If not can you walk me through the steps to reproduce the error.

ALl GOod My Fault, The Character I was testing this with Shield Item had somehow lost its AC Base which was ****ing it up, when I replaced the shield with a working one all was good..... As you were people

ColinBuckler
November 17th, 2017, 23:05
Looking at Harried in Hillsfar (downloaded from the store) and I noticed that several of the maps are portrait instead of landscape. The writing on the maps is also set to be landscape but with the images being portrait the writing is on its side.

It would be much better if these maps were rotated 90 degrees, not only so that they are orientated landscape, but the writing is the correct way as well.

grosscol
November 18th, 2017, 03:54
I get a bunch of script errors when I click on my actions tab.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:200: attempt to call method 'find' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:197: attempt to call field 'getActionDamageText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:197: attempt to call field 'getActionDamageText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:159: attempt to call field 'getActionDamageText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:159: attempt to call field 'getActionDamageText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:202: attempt to call field 'getActionHealText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:164: attempt to call field 'getActionHealText' (a nil value)

damned
November 18th, 2017, 04:07
You have an unpacked CoreRPG or 5e ruleset.
Or a out of date extension.

Zacchaeus
November 18th, 2017, 11:22
Looking at Harried in Hillsfar (downloaded from the store) and I noticed that several of the maps are portrait instead of landscape. The writing on the maps is also set to be landscape but with the images being portrait the writing is on its side.

It would be much better if these maps were rotated 90 degrees, not only so that they are orientated landscape, but the writing is the correct way as well.

I'll forward this to the developer. Thanks for the report.

Zacchaeus
November 18th, 2017, 11:31
I get a bunch of script errors when I click on my actions tab.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:200: attempt to call method 'find' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:202: attempt to call field 'getActionHealText' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:164: attempt to call field 'getActionHealText' (a nil value)

Hi grosscol, welcome to FG.

As damned suggests the most likely cause of your error is an extension. Please try in a new campaign without any extensions and if that fixes the error then switch off extensions one by one in the campaign where you get the error until you find the one causing the problem. You might find that the extension has been updated if you visit the forum post for the extension.

If that ism't the issue then again as damned suggests check you rulesets folder in FGData folder and if there are any folders in there delete them and reload your campaign.

If that still doesn't fix things can you report on the version of the Corerpg and 5e rulesets which appear in chat when you load up your campaign.

BakaNoJutsu
November 19th, 2017, 23:10
I was going through the tables in DD PHB Deluxe and noticed that the characteristics for Gladiator are the same as Entertainer. I am on version 3.3.3. and have included screenshots of the issue.

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2017, 01:52
That is correct. The Gladiator is a variant of the entertainer. It is given its own background to make it easier for players to pick it. Apart from the opening paragraph everything else is exactly the same in both backgrounds.

GIndustries
November 20th, 2017, 06:08
Script Error: [string "total"]:1: attempt to call field 'performRoll' (a nil value)

Anyone else getting this? it only seems to be happening with skill rolls. atk and dmg rolls worked fine. i turned off all extensions and still have the error appearing.

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2017, 06:25
I can’t test right now but I haven’t seen this when I last looked a couple of days ago and there have been no client changes since then. Can you check in a new campaign with no extensions. And if that still gives an error check your ruleset folder within the FG data folder and if you see any folders there or .tmp files delete them and test again.

If there is nothing like that can you say what the version numbers of the 5e and CoreRPG rulesets that appear in chat when you load up a campaign are.

GIndustries
November 20th, 2017, 06:37
new campaign with no extensions still showed error, took a look in the 5e ruleset folder and corerpg ruleset no folders or .tmp files found. version number in chat at start are
5E ruleset v3.3.3 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPGruleset v3.3.3 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2017, 09:17
Hmm. I can't reproduce this. Your version information is also correct. Can you give me a step by step walkthrough as to how I can reproduce the error you're getting please.

GIndustries
November 20th, 2017, 16:23
Hmm. I can't reproduce this. Your version information is also correct. Can you give me a step by step walkthrough as to how I can reproduce the error you're getting please.

Well I first noticed the error as I was trying out the advanced effects ext. adding a skill: athletics 5 to the item. Doubles clicked the athletics box to roll and got the error. I can not verify if it was working before I had tried the extension. I then took off all ext. yet still had the error. Clicked on attack rolls and damage rolls no problem tried rolling the doe no problem. Clicked on different skill rolls and all gave the error. Tried updating client again started new campaign and error persisted.

LordEntrails
November 20th, 2017, 16:50
Well I first noticed the error as I was trying out the advanced effects ext. adding a skill: athletics 5 to the item. Doubles clicked the athletics box to roll and got the error. I can not verify if it was working before I had tried the extension. I then took off all ext. yet still had the error. Clicked on attack rolls and damage rolls no problem tried rolling the doe no problem. Clicked on different skill rolls and all gave the error. Tried updating client again started new campaign and error persisted.
Is it happening on items that have not been modified by the Advanced Effects extension? i.e. if you drop a longsword from the PHB/SRD onto the sheet does it give these errors?

GIndustries
November 20th, 2017, 17:03
Is it happening on items that have not been modified by the Advanced Effects extension? i.e. if you drop a longsword from the PHB/SRD onto the sheet does it give these errors?

Even with out the extension on I was given the error

astromath
November 20th, 2017, 17:12
@GInudstries: Suggestion: Make backup copies of any FG folders you have added things to, such as extensions. Then delete everything and restart FG. Do an update. The update will reinstall all deleted folders. Don't rename your backup folders yet. Try FG without your backed up folders. If the error persists, then it something wrong with FG. If it doesn't then it was one of the extensions that caused the error and made it persist even after unloading the extension.

The other thing you could try is to install FG on a different computer and see if the error persists that way.

I have done something similar and what I did above cured it.

LordEntrails
November 20th, 2017, 17:27
Even with out the extension on I was given the error
I understand, but was the error given with an item that had been modified by the extension? That's why I'm saying start with a completely new item, and perhaps even a new character in a new campaign. To figure out where this is coming from, we have to eliminate and isolate everything we can.

Given that no one else has seen this, or can reproduce it, it seems like it is due to the extension. Even if the extension is off, I'm pretty sure that extension does things to the campaign and the items. Things that may not work well without the extension.

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2017, 18:09
Ok, I have tested this with the extension and without it and I still get no errorrs. What I did was as follows.

1) Loaded FG with the extension and created a new character
2) Created an item with the effect SKILL 5 athletics (note the syntax - it is not what you posted above)
3) Added the item to the character and equipped it.
4) Added the character to the CT. The effect correctly showed on the CT as SKILL: 5 athletics
5) Made various athletics skill checks and noted the character got the +5 bonus correctly with no errors.
6) I then exported the character and created a new campaign without the extension and imported the character.
7) The character was placed on the CT but (correctly) no effect was shown there. All Athletics checks were rolled without error and without the bonus of +5
8) I then created another new campaign, without the extension, created a character in that campaign and made various athletics and other skill checks without error.

As I say I can't reproduce the error so I'm guessing that something other than the extension is causing the issue. If you did something different other than what I have noted above let me know so that I can investigate further.

Qoff
November 21st, 2017, 14:39
Missing the 7 in this table of Xanathar:

https://i.imgur.com/mQlxPBB.png

It should be 6~7 in the "Natural causes"

Qoff
November 21st, 2017, 16:11
Would be nice to fix this as well in the Adventures table:

https://i.imgur.com/ycddOKo.png

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2017, 16:13
Noted, thanks for reporting.

Qoff
November 21st, 2017, 16:31
Number 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are missing from this roll on the Supernatural Events table.

BTW: I'm translating this template into portuguese for my players and making some improvements, I suggest you guys to put a autoroll in the end of the rolls, for example, this roll could auto roll a table called "Possessed by", the tables which require a d6 roll (odds and evens) could also auto roll it ". Result: [1d6]" or a ". Result: [Table Even/Odd]" which would say "1 odd; 2 even; 3 odd..."
https://i.imgur.com/Mg2XYLZ.png

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2017, 16:42
Noted on the missing numbers. I would have added another rollable table there but I designed the tables around the template and the Template doesn't like rolls from a child table. It would completely mess it up.

Qoff
November 21st, 2017, 16:52
Weird stuff table, missing the []
https://i.imgur.com/UW0vDdd.png

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2017, 17:52
Gah! I thought I'd caught all of those.

GIndustries
November 21st, 2017, 19:53
I understand, but was the error given with an item that had been modified by the extension? That's why I'm saying start with a completely new item, and perhaps even a new character in a new campaign. To figure out where this is coming from, we have to eliminate and isolate everything we can.

Given that no one else has seen this, or can reproduce it, it seems like it is due to the extension. Even if the extension is off, I'm pretty sure that extension does things to the campaign and the items. Things that may not work well without the extension.

i first noticed it after yes modifying an item. applying the effect to a separate item still gave error and with out items still gave error. going to try the suggestions given to see if i can squish this pesky bug.

GIndustries
November 21st, 2017, 19:58
Ok, I have tested this with the extension and without it and I still get no errorrs. What I did was as follows.

1) Loaded FG with the extension and created a new character
2) Created an item with the effect SKILL 5 athletics (note the syntax - it is not what you posted above)
3) Added the item to the character and equipped it.
4) Added the character to the CT. The effect correctly showed on the CT as SKILL: 5 athletics
5) Made various athletics skill checks and noted the character got the +5 bonus correctly with no errors.
6) I then exported the character and created a new campaign without the extension and imported the character.
7) The character was placed on the CT but (correctly) no effect was shown there. All Athletics checks were rolled without error and without the bonus of +5
8) I then created another new campaign, without the extension, created a character in that campaign and made various athletics and other skill checks without error.

As I say I can't reproduce the error so I'm guessing that something other than the extension is causing the issue. If you did something different other than what I have noted above let me know so that I can investigate further.

just so you know at the time the full list of extensions i had on were "advanced effects" "table import" "death indicator 2.0" "DOE Base, and location" "remove 0 hp npcs" and "window saver"

I fixed the issue now. by deleting the ruleset folder and updating. going to try testing out the extensions again and see if the error comes back.

LordEntrails
November 22nd, 2017, 21:30
PHB
Background: Sailor
Feature: Ship's Passage

Typo (extra space):
"Your Dungeon Master w ill"

paladinesdragon
November 25th, 2017, 20:56
MM
Berserker: text in 'other' tab is that of the Gladiator NPC instead of the Berserker.
Unicorn: text in 'other' tab under A Unicorn's Lair reads, "#bs;Regional Effects".

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2017, 22:13
PHB
Background: Sailor
Feature: Ship's Passage

Typo (extra space):
"Your Dungeon Master w ill"

MM
Berserker: text in 'other' tab is that of the Gladiator NPC instead of the Berserker.
Unicorn: text in 'other' tab under A Unicorn's Lair reads, "#bs;Regional Effects".

All noted

Kronides
November 26th, 2017, 08:48
Hey guys, has Chapter 8 of PHB disappeared or was it just never there? It would be nice to have that available to reference rather than suddenly have to run around the house looking for it. :)

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2017, 10:35
Chapter 8 is there between chapter 7 and Chapter 9.

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 02:28
Loaded and shared the effects module from DMs Guild (rob2e)

I (DM) can use it.

My players, if they click on the custom space (which appears blank to them) get this error if they click on custom space:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window

rob2e
November 28th, 2017, 03:09
Loaded and shared the effects module from DMs Guild (rob2e)

I (DM) can use it.

My players, if they click on the custom space (which appears blank to them) get this error if they click on custom space:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window

Did you figure this out? I get no such error when I connect with a local to my DM table.

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 03:56
All of my players are getting that error, whether or not you module is open when they click the blank custom area. And your effects do not appear, even if I share them. Will look to see if another extension or something is causing it.

rob2e
November 28th, 2017, 04:03
All of my players are getting that error, whether or not you module is open when they click the blank custom area. And your effects do not appear, even if I share them. Will look to see if another extension or something is causing it.

Ya please let me know.

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 04:05
Ok, even local connection I get that error as a player but not as the DM. Error happens even if the rob2e module is not loaded, so that is not causing it. I have the DOE base and sound extensions open and a couple of the decals and the wizards font extensions open.

rob2e
November 28th, 2017, 04:11
Ok, even local connection I get that error as a player but not as the DM. Error happens even if the rob2e module is not loaded, so that is not causing it. I have the DOE base and sound extensions open and a couple of the decals and the wizards font extensions open.

Can't imagine what's wrong, I use about 90 billion extensions, but none of my modules mess with the extensions. Might I suggest looking in your MODULES folder to ensure you don't have this mod in there twice misnamed as something similar and barring that, deleting it and redownloading the latest one from DMS Guild?

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 04:17
I made a completely blank campaign. No extensions or modules loaded.

Started a second instance.

Player gets this error whenever black custom effects space is clicked:

DM can use it no issue.

Deleted 5e.pak and ran update. Error still happens.

No idea what to do now.

rob2e
November 28th, 2017, 04:21
I made a completely blank campaign. No extensions or modules loaded.

Started a second instance.

Player gets this error whenever black custom effects space is clicked:

DM can use it no issue.

Deleted 5e.pak and ran update. Error still happens.

No idea what to do now.

Since I can use it without a problem, I would say the issue lies outside(???) my module? Don't know what else to say. You are the one and the only person reporting this error btw, so something's up. I'm sure you'll eventually figure it out - when you do, lemme know.

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 04:29
The error did happen for someone else:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39934-access-custom-effects-in-3-5

But they posted once and vanished.

rob2e
November 28th, 2017, 04:32
I guess what I SHOULD have said is you’re the only person who has reported using my module exclusively with the 5E ruleset (as intended) that has an issue.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2017, 22:14
I can reproduce this error. I'm pretty sure players can't create custom effects. However it should not throw an error; I'll let Moon Wizard know.

Myrdin Potter
November 28th, 2017, 23:07
The also cannot see the custom effects I shared.

Moon Wizard
November 29th, 2017, 00:56
The script error is probably as Zacchaeus mentioned. Players can't add effects directly to CT, but only from campaign effects list or PC sheet. I'll put it on my list to review for next revision.

I'm not sure of the most recent visibility issue you mentioned. We'll need more details to be able to understand what you are seeing. Also, specific steps to recreate what you are seeing in an empty campaign makes it even easier to address.

Regards,
JPG

Myrdin Potter
November 29th, 2017, 01:07
Shared a module that was only created effects and loaded it. It did not show up for players to see, they only saw a blank space and the error was created when they clicked the empty space.

I created a blank custom effect. Same error when they clicked on it.

Moon Wizard
November 29th, 2017, 01:12
Thanks for info. Can you send a copy of module to me at [email protected] to use when I get a chance to look at this?

Thanks,
JPG