PDA

View Full Version : Single Player Looking - M,Tu,W,Th,S,S weekly game nights. Eastern Time - 5e

ShawnNoffy
October 2nd, 2017, 05:09
Hello Everyone,

If you need a druid, I'll be a druid. If you need a Dragon Born, I'm your man. I would love to play my character(see below), but I am here for you. Just let me know what you are looking for.

I am looking for a new or new-ish 5e game that is more by the book than anything else. I enjoy the structure of a good standard game with little or no home brew stuff. I would like to start my character at level 1. However, if you have any opening, I am willing to join at any level. Any time after 5PM is good for me. The only day that does not work is Friday.

Name:
Shawn

Character Name:
Lindal Tealeaf

Appearance:

Alignment:
Lawful Evil

Race:
Halfling

Class:
Rogue

Archetype:
Arcane Trickster

Background:
Charlatan

Short bio/backstory:
Lindal is a loner. He travels usually by himself from town to town looking for a fight or a group to fight with. He lives off the gold he earns during his travels. He has a dry sense of humor and off the wall comments. Stays to himself. Has a taste for blood and loves to dip his pointer finger in the blood of his enemies and mark his cheeks with their blood, just under his eyes. He learned to be incredibly sneaky from his legendary mentor Filet Minyon. Lindal learned to use a bow and sword at a very young age after his parents were kidnapped. He is still in a never ending search for what happened to his parents.

Lindal is hiding in a barrel because a group of wizards are searching for him. After running down a narrow alley way, turd hopped into a damp, dank barrel. The bottom of the barrel is filled ankle deep with what seems to be fish guts. As the wizards close in on his position, he notices a 2nd story balcony with a railing. Grabs his rope and slings it up towards the railing. The rope attaches in a way that allows Turd to lift himself along with the barrel into the air. Turd flies through the group of wizards and flings the barrel from his feet into one of the surrounding buildings. BAM! Fish guts fly everywhere and gives Turd the opportunity he needs to jump from the rope. The wizards, now covered in the fish goo, are stunned by what just happened and see Turd disappear behind crowd of villagers off in the distance. Victory!

A little about yourself:
I am 34,married, witty, humorous, semi-balding, a good sport, semi-experienced in D&D. I own a couple companies and I use D&D to relieve stress and to make new friends.

I look forward to whatever you throw at me, so please, hit me with your best shot.

Shawn:)

ShawnNoffy
October 2nd, 2017, 22:34
Still very interested in finding a game. Please let me know.

-Shawn

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 00:08
Hi Shawn,

maybe my game proposal would be something for you (although the time zone does not fit) - please look into the following thread -> LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40475-LFP-4-Players-Fr-6th-8PM-CET-GMT-1-5E-A-Learning-Time-Newbies-welcome)

If you are a newbie or veteran - you are welcome to participate. I have pregen chars prepared for you to go. If the date of this game does not suit you, I have a second try going where still three spaces are free right here - please follow this LINK (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/).
Hope to see you soon in one of my games.

Take care,
Waldbae

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 00:28
Yes, I sure do appreciate the offer, but that time slot is in the later half of my work day. I would not be able to make it.

Thanks again though,
Shawn

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 00:31
Hey Shawn,

you are semi-balding; so there is no time to loose :) Just kidding; looking forward to see you in another game. Think of this LINK HERE (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/) please. As this is a Saturday it might work for you.

Take care,
Waldbaer

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 00:57
Wow, ok another reason why I just need to find a stable game...

I asked the DM earlier today how old he was. He said 13. I was like, red flag. So, I was just about to start a brand new campaign on Roll20, 5 minutes ago. The DM just came online, 5 minutes before game time, to announce that he would not be able to play.

<sigh> uhhhhhhh!!!

Still looking for a new campaign :)

JohnD
October 3rd, 2017, 02:05
What the hell are you doing on Roll20?

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 02:43
...just trying to find a game...

JohnD
October 3rd, 2017, 05:12
Understand completely.

Your availability is good. Are you approaching potential DMs or waiting for them to come to you. Do the former not the latter.

I'd offer you a spot in my game, but we don't play for a few weeks yet and I already have 7 long term players.

Keep at it.

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 05:33
Yes, I try to approach them when I see something listed. I do not know how else to know is a DM.

I do not mind waiting a few weeks if you wouldn't mind taking on an 8th :)

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 08:39
Hi Shawn,

I will run a weekly campaign soon, too. But I fear not earlier than end of October. If that is early enough for you I would be happy to add you to my players.

And by the way: I promise I am no longer 13 �� although my wife gives me this type of feeling sometimes ��

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 13:46
Awww you are too kind. Thank you and I am totally interested in getting in on your game. I do have to ask however, I see you live in Germany, what time will your game take place?

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 13:54
That might actually be the problem. I guess we would be starting not later than around 8 PM CET which would be 2PM for you, I guess. EST time zone should be 6 hours away I think :) So probably this would only work on a weekend. And weekend are often reserved for other things I bet :)

Or I do a midnight round :)

ShawnNoffy
October 3rd, 2017, 18:20
Thank you for the offer, but that time is not going to work. :(

...my search continues :(

Waldbaer
October 3rd, 2017, 19:59
Yes, I believe we are too far away from each other. Good luck on your search and keep an eye open - maybe suddenly one of my games fit despite of the time difference.

JohnD
October 6th, 2017, 04:24
...my search continues :(

Shawn, if something opens up I will let you know. I have promised my 5e group it won't get any bigger.

Now, with some of the other games I run, an extra person wouldn't be a huge issue, Castles & Crusades for example.