PDA

View Full Version : LFG D&D 5e weekends after 7pm EST

jakerjoker
October 1st, 2017, 17:40
A buddy and I are looking to join a group, homebrew module, combo.

Main things were looking for in a group

- well designed mature content (don't throw it out there just to be edgy)
- flexible and adaptive players & GM (mainly narrative we both love to RP and it sometimes leads to things)
- weekly or biweekly sessions (wish we could do more but sadly we live)

and thats it for those pretty general but anything could happen in our adventures and I can't cover all the cases, but as long as the group works well together and has a good time your going in a good direction.

As for ourselves,

We are both heavy RP players, I myself like to play out social moments more than combat though spilling the blood of my enemies is no small thrill. I play a wide arrange of characters purely narrative(not optomized at all but made to fit a certain personality), adventurers (cookie cutter decently optomized fits a narrative but i make sure it isnt gimped heavily), powerhouse(full optomized most likely a shadow monk). But ya expect well flushed out characters with backgrounds that are free to be used for content, every character has a story dtached from the world and it should be told not just there heroic world saving moments.

Second member of the party here and look forward to playing with everyone! I am an avid forgotten realms reader and fan of the universe with R. A Salvatore being one of my favorite fantasy writers. The Legend of Drizzt gave me the shivers as a young man! I myself tend to play less traditional builds / classes however balance is important to me therefore I am always willing to tweak things in order to fit in with the group. I promise you my character will be creative,unique, well thought out and be a contributing member to any lustrous adventuring party!

Some Class ideas:
Goblin Warlock / Wild Sorc - Raised by a family of gnomes the Gurd's Gob was raised in the arts of gnomish tinkering and contraptions however his true love was really finance. One late night as Gob was pouring over the ledgers and signing legal documents he was stuck with a cataclysmic event within his life. Gob would from then on be forever changed. While calculating the last line of his monthly statement an electrical buzz entered the room. The air crackled with energy and Gob's eyes opened wide in wonder as the energy that had been filling the room rushed into his body. With and explosion of energy Gob was thrown from his desk hitting the wall behind him and began convulsing on the floor crackling with ethereal energy. Gob slipped in and out of consciousness over the course of the next few months as family members and physicians attempted in vain to discover the cause of his ailment. There was no logical explanation for it he had no physical sickness or ailment instead he had been changed, transformed empowered by this mystical energy and power.

Orc/Half-Orc Mystic - He is a Nomad sent from his tribe on a pilgrimage to gather knowledge. His skin marked with scars from his trials and one for every life taken. His pale skin has a greenish hue marking his orc heritage. Chosen from his peers for this task Kresh walks the world in his quest to acquire knowledge and power for his tribesmen. He keeps to himself his mission an utmost secret and his past that of a ghost.

Dragonborn Monk /Sorc - Raised in the enclave of the Ascending Dragons he was put to trials early in his life, first a one year survival in the hill lands, he stayed much longer and returned with a young wyvern skull, much rejoice was had but a feeling of
dread also. For the next few years he was trained by elder Darrum Gyok, who eventually took him to the sacred lands of the enclave. There he received a vision of a shrouded figure and it spoke "You are the one who hunts me now!? Fine come and you shall recieve my powers!! I am Fenrir." As he awoke elder Darrum was gone. Supplies, a map and foreboding note of both congratulations and a possible good starting point for my journey. Though I know little of my mark I will hunt it and I will ascend. Elder Darrum's final words in his note perplex me though, "Destiny is the beginning of your journey, what comes of it is your fate."

Half-elf Fighter/Rogue - Raised by his human father, his life was filled with wonder and stories of adventure and legends and lore. After his father's death however he came to live with his stifling mother in the house of his grandmother. His grandmother despised his birth and used her authority as monarch of the family to make every day uncomfortable and emotionally draining. The capstone of her horrendous treatment was the arranged marriage to a human Celty Vhanheim, purely political of course. However with the urging from my mother and Eldar Sharri Grandmother granted permission to accompany a treaty mission on the pretenses of it being a good experience and good politics to gain allies from around the realm. The journey would only be 10 years and since Celty was only 12 at the time the time was needed for her to mature. So I left and have never returned, I traveled far and wide in search of the tales my father had told hoping to live a life free and hopefully heroic.

Those are just a few of our many concepts and if these do not fit your ideals than I am happy to dig back into the endless bag of character ideas.

but ya msg me or post here if ud be interested in having us, solo or both is fine but both is prefered ;)

Samuel
October 2nd, 2017, 03:59
did you find a group im looking to join m y self

jakerjoker
October 2nd, 2017, 21:12
Nothing currently but leave some character ideas if we find a DM we'll be set