PDA

View Full Version : LFP Pathfinder 1 player - Saturday 10 PM CST

dellanx
October 1st, 2017, 15:59
I have a Saturday night Pathfinder game. The game Starts at 10 PM CST (Chicago) time and goes on for 2-4 hours.

The information to the game is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33746-LFP-2-3-Players-3-5-Karvosa-Campaign-Home-Brew-followed-by-The-Curse-of-the-Crimson).

The group is level 8 almost 9. The group is relaxed, and the game dark. The is a homebrew campaign that focuses around The Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Need a player to replace a departing player that played our Magus. PM me if interested.

dellanx
October 3rd, 2017, 12:05
A little background on Hanma, he is a magus from Tien, that came to Korvosa to find a sister and niece of his, when he discovered that the sister was dead and his niece was orphaned he searched harder. When he was confronted by some thugs in an alley, he pulled his Katana out of the assassins belly to discover that his blade spoke to him. He later discovered that when his niece died in a belly of an Lamm's alligator, her spirit merged with his blade, to search for those responsible for her death. Now it is almost two months later, the blade and the magus are growing stronger. Will they find the ones responsible?

OOC The player that took over Hanma can't play do to scheduling and safety reasons, but he is available if one decides to become Hanma.

Kroama
October 3rd, 2017, 18:51
I don't really like taking other peoples' characters. Are you looking for that sort of role filled? Arcane user, or a melee fighter?

dellanx
October 3rd, 2017, 20:24
I am not planning to discard a character in the game like a rotten head of lattice. This is a roll playing opportunity. If he was to die, what type of character you would play is up to you. The death would have to happen in game.

dellanx
October 3rd, 2017, 20:30
But it would be easier the takeover route.

dellanx
October 5th, 2017, 16:02
I don't really like taking other peoples' characters. Are you looking for that sort of role filled? Arcane user, or a melee fighter?

Thanks for replying to my PM. I think one way to tell if you like the game or not is try. If it is a match we are able to make adjustments.

Kroama
October 5th, 2017, 18:49
The Bard you mentioned, would she be a character with a strongly built personality? Or more so just a character made with few interactions? Being a son or daughter is more interesting to me for relation purposes.
As you say, i could try for a session and see how things go--

Sort of surprised nobody else has replied with interest yet though.

dellanx
October 5th, 2017, 20:04
Late night time slot? Not sure. My time is limited Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays before game - FYI.

- The Bard was an NPC that was met during the adventure, they actually helped to capture her, then helped to free her. I am not sure if she is a good candidate either.

- One of the sons or daughters of the Horse farmer your with may be a better option. Can you build a character in PCGen or Herolab? Would prefer PCGen, but for now have either capability. Can't say if Hero Lab will be available for ever.

- I have already decided to send Magus back to Old Korvosa to help with backstory. Most likely the bard will come with him and live outside of the city in a small cottage.

dellanx
October 5th, 2017, 20:57
With magus going back to town the critical need for a player has been solved, if you wish to play let me know. Otherwise I am closing the LFP request.

Kroama
October 5th, 2017, 22:42
Mhn... Personally, i think I'm going to end up declining.
Again, you weren't at all aggressive about it and there was no offense taken. I think the player count is just a bit too much to me; inconsistency of number of players game to game or a large table where each characters' influence is lessened.
Good luck with the game though.

dellanx
October 5th, 2017, 22:47
Thanks, I have decided to open up a smaller campaign aimed at that particular character/player.

As far as larger parties, I have been used to larger parties when I played in college. The main limiting factor has been the ability of loading all the tokens on the new map. I hope there is a better way of handling that in unity.

Good luck in your search as well.