PDA

View Full Version : Masking and game state save (5e)

Vishera
October 1st, 2017, 04:35
Perhaps I'm just doing this wrong.. I ran a game today and used /save before we departed for the session. I opened it back up to check something and all the masking I had on the maps, characters on the map etc were gone, as if it was starting over. The characters are still in the combat tracker, but the maps didn't save, which is a bummer.

Nickademus
October 1st, 2017, 08:33
Did you alter the image file before opening FG back up? If the file isn't the same pixel dimensions then FG will scrap the masking, drawing, and tokens.

Vishera
October 1st, 2017, 10:10
Did you alter the image file before opening FG back up? If the file isn't the same pixel dimensions then FG will scrap the masking, drawing, and tokens.

Only as far as zooming in and stuff. It never swapped out the image or anything.

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2017, 19:52
I would guess to check file permissions, but if you can see the mask files in the campaign folder, then that’s probably not it.

As nickademus mentioned, changes to the image file will cause a reset.

Regards,
JPG

Vishera
October 2nd, 2017, 00:29
I would guess to check file permissions, but if you can see the mask files in the campaign folder, then that’s probably not it.

As nickademus mentioned, changes to the image file will cause a reset.

Regards,
JPG

right, but I haven't changed the images..

Vishera
October 2nd, 2017, 03:09
Update: My current campaign has the maps and stuff in the module, and won't save masking etc. I tried with a different module and it works. So what would cause it to never save?

Bidmaron
October 2nd, 2017, 05:33
They are going to want you to zip your campaign and send it to the support address.

Nickademus
October 2nd, 2017, 06:44
Different module? A campaign and a module are two different things. First try turning off all the extensions and see if you still experience it in your campaign. Also, is the image you are accessing in the campaign or from a module?

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2017, 19:16
Yeah, I would need pointers to the ruleset (if not from FG store/download), campaign (entire folder), and a list of modules used (with download links if not from FG store). I have no idea at this point, without trying to recreate.

One random idea that might be completely unrelated, I know that there are occasional random file linking issues in FG if file names have more than one space separating words in the file name.

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2017, 19:37
@Vishera - are you using Windows or Mac? If Mac, did you exit via the FG desktop right-click menu or just close the Mac window?

Vishera
October 2nd, 2017, 21:44
Different module? A campaign and a module are two different things. First try turning off all the extensions and see if you still experience it in your campaign. Also, is the image you are accessing in the campaign or from a module?

I am running the "campaign" as a blank, the maps and things are inside the module.. much like any of the store-bought modules do. I've turned off the extensions, still does it. Other modules will save their masks just not mine.

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2017, 22:19
Vishera,

Can you provide me with the campaign folder (zipped up)?

Thanks,
JPG

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2017, 03:46
If you are creating the module in a campaign, masking the images, exporting to a module, then opening that module in a new campaign, then the masks will not be there. This is known, as modules do not export the image masks info. Image masks only live in the campaign they are created in.

Zacchaeus
October 3rd, 2017, 10:52
The issue has been resolved. He was exporting the module as read only.

Vishera
October 3rd, 2017, 12:30
discovered my problem, I had "read only" selected