PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures Presents: Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved Ruleset

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 01:59
Digital Adventures Presents: Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds!

Digital Adventures, LLC is proud to bring Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved variant player's handbook campaign to the Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop software, which won the Best d20 Game Gold Award at the GEN Con EN World d20 System awards in 2005. This electronic product gives you all of the rules and ambiance you need to host or play an Arcana Evolved game online with Fantasy Grounds. This download package includes:

* Arcana Evolved Ruleset containing all the rules, races, spells, monsters, and classes from this award winning settting.

* Custom desktop graphics

* Over 100 monster and player character image and token files to use online.

* Runes of Revival, Round One: A free adventure (part one of three) designed for a party of six 5th-level characters converted to Fantasy Grounds, complete with pre-generated characters. This adventure was originally presented as the three-round Arcana Evolved tournament at Gen Con Indy 2005.

Arcana Evolved is a variant player's handbook 3rd Edition codesigner Monte Cook that is the "Director's Cut" edition of Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed. Discover a new PC race, the dragonlike dracha; a new class, the ritual warrior; new champion types and totem warrior abilities; new prestige classes; combat rites; and dozens of new spells, spell templates, feats, manifestations, equipment, and more. Arcana Evolved introduces exciting new storyline elements that evolve naturally from the return of the dragons. Plus, check out evolved versions of all races, new 10th-level spells, and high-level play with characters up to 25th level! Now you can do more with your characters than ever before.

For the Arcana Evolved follower not familiar with Fantasy Grounds, it is an application acting as a virtual online gaming table primarily intended for pen and paper style narrative role playing games. Fantasy Grounds is designed to perform many of the things you can do while playing at a conventional gaming table and move it online. Run games as the gamemaster or take part as a player, the application provides all the necessary tools to communicate, manage information and perform tasks such as rolling the dice or creating drawings, and the Arcana Evolved Ruleset puts all of the rules for this campaign at right on your digital desktop! For a demo of Fantasy Grounds and additional product information visit <https://www.fantasygrounds.com>

... and with the Arcana Evolved Ruleset you'll now be able to play your favorite campaign online with friends across the globe beginning March 1st, 2006 for a download price of $12.00, and additional product conversions coming soon! Click here <https://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=666> to download the Arcana Evolved Ruleset from the Digital Advnentures Online Store beginning March 1st.

Digital Adventures, LLC is a producer of online adventures and accessories for the Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop software. Visit our website at <https://www.digitaladventures.net>. The Arcana Evolved Ruleset is a trademark of Malhavoc Press and Digital Adventures, LLC,(C) 2006. Fantasy Grounds is a trademark of SmiteWorks Ltd. (C) 2006 SmiteWorks Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Monte Cook has worked professionally in the game industry since 1988 for companies including Iron Crown Enterprises, TSR Inc., and Wizards of the Coast. He is a codesigner of Dungeons & Dragons(R) 3rd edition and author of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. He also designed the HeroClix system of superhero combat for WizKids Games and has published two novels, in addition to his work for his own company, Malhavoc Press.

Malhavoc Press is the publisher of the award-winning Book of Eldritch Might, Monte Cook’s Arcana Evolved, and other d20 System roleplaying game titles. Hallmarks of Malhavoc products include unusual magic, monsters, and evocative game elements that go beyond traditional fantasy, as well as a mastery of the d20 System rules. Find out more and get free game articles and downloads at <www.montecook.com>.

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 03:22
Here are two screenshots, one of the Arcana Evolved Ruleset Desktop and one of the character generation page w/one of the pregen characters. :)

https://www.digitaladventures.net/images/AE_Ruleset_1.jpg

https://www.digitaladventures.net/images/AE_Ruleset_2.jpg

Enjoy!

Cantstanzya
February 23rd, 2006, 04:09
Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, how do you have a different font size for the armor bonus, shield bonus, dex bonus, and misc mod from every other font on that page? I know you can change the font size, but didn't know you could do it individually like that.

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 04:21
Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, how do you have a different font size for the armor bonus, shield bonus, dex bonus, and misc mod from every other font on that page? I know you can change the font size, but didn't know you could do it individually like that.

Thanks Cant!

My developer Steven did the character sheet. I'll have him post here to answer your question. ;)

mr_h
February 23rd, 2006, 12:59
Ooooooo....ahhhh....*waits eagerly*

TruthRevisited
February 23rd, 2006, 14:26
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

So, any chance there is a White Wolf (Specifically mage) Ruleset in works?

TR

johnhaines
February 23rd, 2006, 18:45
Thank you, Kevin!

When you mentioned the imminent arrival back in January I got excited. Then everything went quite and I got worried. Now I am excited again. This is the product that might finally get my gaming group together again.

(Are you really sure it won't be ready before March, lol. Not that I am impatient or anything ... )

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 22:21
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
So, any chance there is a White Wolf (Specifically mage) Ruleset in works?
TR

Currently our agreement is only with Malhavoc Press. I would love to add WoD to my collection TR ... perhaps I'll try to arrange a meeting of such at Gen Con. If the AE Ruleset makes a big enough splash, hopefully they will take notice. ;)

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 22:22
Thank you, Kevin!

When you mentioned the imminent arrival back in January I got excited. Then everything went quite and I got worried. Now I am excited again. This is the product that might finally get my gaming group together again.

(Are you really sure it won't be ready before March, lol. Not that I am impatient or anything ... )

Thanks John. Sorry to make you so worried, but the past month has been a flurry of last-minutes changes and updates to make sure we had everything, plus produce the extras; i.e. tokens, portraits, and the free adventure.

Good luck with your gaming group!

Illrigger
February 23rd, 2006, 23:34
Currently our agreement is only with Malhavoc Press. I would love to add WoD to my collection TR ... perhaps I'll try to arrange a meeting of such at Gen Con. If the AE Ruleset makes a big enough splash, hopefully they will take notice. ;)
Soooooo.... You have an agreement with Monte and Sue. Does that mean PTOLUS? :P

Thore_Ironrock
February 23rd, 2006, 23:58
Soooooo.... You have an agreement with Monte and Sue. Does that mean PTOLUS? :P

LOL ... I was wondering when this was going to come up. ;)

Sue and I talked and agreed that we would wait on talking about Ptolus until at least Gen Con. Right now it is more a question of time management, as neither of us have the time at the moment due to other commitments -- which is why we decided to wait until the summer. In the meantime we're going to see how the AE ruleset sells and sort of take it from there.

In other words Illrigger, my answer is *not no* ... but rather *not now*.

Actually ... since you're a fan of Monte's work Illrigger, would you be interested in seeing an Iron Heroes Ruleset?

;)

richvalle
February 24th, 2006, 00:33
Oh wow. Now THAT would be cool.

Though it would probably cost $150!

rv

Thore_Ironrock
February 24th, 2006, 01:07
Oh wow. Now THAT would be cool.
Though it would probably cost $150!
rv

Anything is possible Rich, but since I haven't even seen the finished product yet I really can't say.

mr_h
February 24th, 2006, 15:32
I got a friend who'd probably love to see Iron Heroes done up (Never played it myself, but he says its great)

Bumamgar
February 25th, 2006, 01:15

Thanks Cant!

My developer Steven did the character sheet. I'll have him post here to answer your question. ;)
For each <*control> node you can define a font.

On the main page I use <font name="smallcontrol"> for many of the text entry controls, and <font name="chatfont"> for the AC modifiers. For the attributes I don't define a font at all, so they use the default larger font.

Example:
<numbercontrol name="acsizebonus">
<bounds rect="336,137,19,15" />
<font name="chatfont" />
<nodrag />
<noreset />
<displaysign />
<hideonvalue value="0" />
<tabtarget next="acmiscbonus" prev="acshieldbonus" />
</numbercontrol>
<stringcontrol name="race">
<bounds rect="228,32,77,20" />
<font name="smallcontrol" />
<center />
<tabtarget next="size" prev="name" />
</stringcontrol>
Does that answer your question?

Cantstanzya
February 25th, 2006, 02:07
Thanks, this will let me compress more info on my character sheets.

Toadwart
February 25th, 2006, 07:17
For those who haven't checked out Arcana Evolved yet I can highly recommend it. I bought the pdf version, just as an aside for a campaign I joined, but have found it to be a very well thought out and interesting product.

The character classes have quite a different feel to them and the magic system, while still very familiar, is more flexible than a rubber chicken:
Spells can be minimised (cast with a spell slot 1 level lower than normal), heightened (1 slot higher) and laden (2 slots - combined with a talent to alter the spoell in numerous ways).
You can even weave lower level spell slots together to power a higher level spell - no level 2 spells left. Just weave 3 0-level slots together, add another 2 1st-level slots and fire that lvl 2 spell away baby!

The FG ruleset will be well worth the investment too.
I've been helping the developers here and there (well, criticising the runes and generally being meddlesome ;)) and am very impressed with the huge wealth of information they have managed to pack into it.

Illrigger
February 27th, 2006, 19:02
I honestly haven't had time to look at Iron Heroes yet, Thore. It's on my agenda as soon as things lighten up a bit here at work (probably in the spring).

Great news on Ptolus, tho. Of course I didn't expect any more difinitive answer than what you said considering we're still several months out from release. All I can say is every new tool that becomes available for Ptolus just makes us drool over the majesty of it that much more. We'll have counters, and now PDF versions to carry with us; a FG campaign set done by you folks would be a big chunk of icing on that 600-page cake. :)

Thore_Ironrock
February 27th, 2006, 23:18
All I can say is every new tool that becomes available for Ptolus just makes us drool over the majesty of it that much more. We'll have counters, and now PDF versions to carry with us; a FG campaign set done by you folks would be a big chunk of icing on that 600-page cake. :)

I would be lying to you if I said I don't want to do Ptolus. However, there are more than a few hurtles to jump there, but be content that it is on the intended radar, so to speak.

I will say this (to any listening), one of the deciding factors in Digital Adventures getting permission to do Arcana Evolved was fan feedback to myself and Malhavoc Press. There are two ways that you, the fan, can make an impact to get Iron Heroes and Ptolus (and any other campaign for that matter) into Fantasy Grounds:

1) Petition Digital Adventures (I like to pretend I know everyone in the publishing world, but if I don't I may know someone that does) to contact your favorite publisher.

2) Contact your favorite publisher yourself and let them know of your interest to bring their product to Fantasy Grounds (and, of course, mention my name ::wink: )

Many publishers out there may not have even heard of FG yet, or at the very least have seen a banner or two for it but never checked it out since everyone in this biz is extremely busy. While online gaming has been around for many years in one form or another (from IRC to OpenRPG), only with the coming of Fantasy Grounds do people like myself feel that online gaming has finally turned the corner and can be a valid medium for the traditional publisher.

So Illrigger, in all honesty whether or not something like Ptolus makes it to Fantasy Grounds is partly up to the FG community.

No pressure ... :D

Thore_Ironrock
March 1st, 2006, 02:05
The Arcana Evolved Ruleset is now for sale on RPGNow! To purchase the ruleset go to:

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6601

Thanks to all for getting this product ready for sale ... and enjoy!