PDA

View Full Version : Tons of errors since updating to 3.3.2

osarusan
September 30th, 2017, 05:19
Since the 3.3.2 update, I've been getting lots of script errors popping up while using the combat tracker & maps.

Last week was the final game of a campaign, so I just shrugged it off and we ignored the errors.

This week, starting a new campaign, I created a fresh campaign. I don't have any 3rd party mods or extensions enabled; just the official ones (D&D PHB, MM, DMG, etc.). And yet, today during our first game, we still had tons of errors popping up.

The errors seem to have something to do with effects in the combat tracker. Monsters with no effects don't cause any errors, but monsters with built-in effects do cause it (today I noticed errors every time I added a zombie to the map from the combat tracker). The effects are extremely annoying; any time a monster takes damage, everyone's game pops up an error window.

Is my group the only one experiencing this?

And if so, at the very least is there a way to disable the error console from popping up all the time? These look like minor script errors rather than runtime errors, so I'd be fine ignoring them if it wasn't for the stupid window that pops up every time there's an error...

JohnD
September 30th, 2017, 05:31
Are you sure you don't have any extensions enabled that haven't been updated to work with the newest version?

Specifics of the errors would also help.

LordEntrails
September 30th, 2017, 05:45
I haven't heard of any errors like this except for people who are using extensions. As JohnD says, we will need more info to help trouble shoot.

Can you post a screen shots of the chat window after starting/opening your campaign? And then post at least some of the errors from the console so we can diagnose?

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2017, 08:57
Also can you tell us what version of CoreRPG and 5e ruleset appear in chat when you load a campaign.

lokiare
September 30th, 2017, 09:37
Since the 3.3.2 update, I've been getting lots of script errors popping up while using the combat tracker & maps.

Last week was the final game of a campaign, so I just shrugged it off and we ignored the errors.

This week, starting a new campaign, I created a fresh campaign. I don't have any 3rd party mods or extensions enabled; just the official ones (D&D PHB, MM, DMG, etc.). And yet, today during our first game, we still had tons of errors popping up.

The errors seem to have something to do with effects in the combat tracker. Monsters with no effects don't cause any errors, but monsters with built-in effects do cause it (today I noticed errors every time I added a zombie to the map from the combat tracker). The effects are extremely annoying; any time a monster takes damage, everyone's game pops up an error window.

Is my group the only one experiencing this?

And if so, at the very least is there a way to disable the error console from popping up all the time? These look like minor script errors rather than runtime errors, so I'd be fine ignoring them if it wasn't for the stupid window that pops up every time there's an error...

You've said there are no extensions loaded.

Can you hit the copy button at the top of the window that pops up and post some of your errors here?

You might consider backing up your campaign and extension folder and re-installing FG, very rarely windows (or another program) locks folders so that Fantasy Grounds doesn't have permission to alter them and that can cause errors to pop up. I had a player that had this problem and he had to clear his FG cache nearly every time he connected. What may have happened is that the FG updater tried to update files and failed to do so. In this case you would be running v3.3.2 files with older version files. This problem is not solvable on our end due to other software (windows, or another program) setting the folder permissions. Sometimes you can resolve this issue by running Fantasy Grounds as an admin (right click on icon and click "run as admin").

Another thing that this might be is if you have extracted any of the rulesets in the ruleset folder out, and then they were updated, Fantasy Grounds will still use the folder you extracted. Simply move the folder somewhere else or delete it and see if your problem is fixed.

osarusan
September 30th, 2017, 11:23
Well shoot... After all that fuss I triple checked (had double checked before, but apparently I am blind as a bat) and discovered that there actually was one third party module enabled. Disabling that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the replies, everyone, and sorry for the false alarm. /facepalm

JohnD
September 30th, 2017, 15:42
Hey. We've all done it at one point or another. :)

Bidmaron
September 30th, 2017, 16:05
It would be a nice touch if you say what you had enabled so others might benefit from knowing the problem (including the extension developer).

osarusan
October 2nd, 2017, 07:04
The one extension that I had forgotten to disable was the Death Icon extension, but it has since been updated for 3.3.2 and works just fine now! Just need to download the new version of it.