PDA

View Full Version : World of Wacraft inspired tokens

Mayco Gaspar
September 29th, 2017, 14:52
Hello guys.

I created some tokens inspired in the game World of Wacraft,

If i post them in the DMguild and ask for "pay what you want", will i have problems with rights policy?

EDIT:

Will post the process of doing the tokens, than you can do it by yourselves, hopefully that doesn't go against anything :D

Well it was a lot of work and i'm still in the process of doing the tokens, but its all worth.

There's more than one way to get the image, but all the images are from the World of Warcraft game from Blizzard Entertainment.

Here is how i do them:

First, you have to have the game World of Warcraft folder, i have because i bought the game and i play it, but i think that you can just download it from https://us.battle.net/pt/app/

Second, after you have the folder, you need to download and install the Wow Model Viewer software. You can find it here https://wowmodelviewer.net/wordpress/

Obs: This software is the primary source of the 3d models used from Machinima artists to make all the game related content on Youtube.

Third, you have to go in the software and tell it where you World of Warcraft folder is, than you will find all 3d models that is available;

Fourth, select a background color that is pretty different from the 3d model that you want, screenshot your creature or whatever 3d model you want to use as a token;

Fifth, go to a image editor software as Photoshop or GIMP and delete the background, and save them as *png file.

Finaly, save the file on the Fantasy Grounds tokens folder and enjoy.

Some exemples:

Zacchaeus
September 29th, 2017, 14:57
If those are images taken from World of Warcraft, then yes.

Mayco Gaspar
September 29th, 2017, 15:10
Okay, thanks for the answer.

And about sharing them freely here?

Zacchaeus
September 29th, 2017, 15:13
Okay, thanks for the answer.

And about sharing them freely here?

Same answer; you can't distribute copyright material anywhere.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2017, 17:31
You could post the link where you found the original art, and the exact steps you took to product the tokens. Then, people could do it themselves. ;)

Cheers,
JPG

Mayco Gaspar
September 30th, 2017, 09:09
Thanks Moon Wizard.

I'm going to edit the first post with the process.

Talen
September 30th, 2017, 12:15
Thanks for posting the instructions! I know you cant post the file, but can you post a screenshot of a few examples to show what the final product looks like? Also, your second hyperlink doesn't work unless you drop the semicolon.

Mayco Gaspar
September 30th, 2017, 12:48
Thanks for posting the instructions! I know you cant post the file, but can you post a screenshot of a few examples to show what the final product looks like? Also, your second hyperlink doesn't work unless you drop the semicolon.

Right, going to edit again

Talen
September 30th, 2017, 12:53
They look amazing. Nice work!

Mayco Gaspar
September 30th, 2017, 12:54
They look amazing. Nice work!

Thanks, i wish i could post them here.

Bidmaron
September 30th, 2017, 16:57
That is really awesome, and thanks for the instructions. I look forward to doing this. I just can't wait for FGU when things like this will take on so much more meaning.