PDA

View Full Version : FG for Starfinder - update on ETA?

Kezzt
September 28th, 2017, 12:49
I assume from threads that you are working on a FG ruleset for Starfinder. Can anyone give an updated ETA on such a ruleset?

Talyn
September 28th, 2017, 13:15
"When It's Done™"

There was never an ETA to update. SmiteWorks never announced ETAs until they're fairly confident the product will arrive on time. Once they're finished with it, Paizo has to certify it so there's a little extra time tacked onto any official *finder projects.

Nylanfs
September 28th, 2017, 14:12
I believe it's Soon(TM) (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)

Legal disclaimer: TV Tropes link.

Talyn
September 28th, 2017, 14:20
Yes, but sometimes I feel like I've worn that one out so I went all the way back to the 3D Realms "When it's done!" Because I can! :p

ddavison
September 28th, 2017, 14:32
We don't have a firm ETA but we are trying our best to keep the development down to the 1-3 month range for an initial release. We've discussed internally doing an Early Access style release and then going back and adding additional functionality at a later date instead of trying to get the perfect ruleset out the gate at release. A focus on the critical stuff would get people playing sooner rather than later.

timdog88
September 29th, 2017, 03:38
Yea, star finder is hot right now, you definitely want to strike while the iron is hot.

JohnD
September 29th, 2017, 04:39
You could always go with what Bioware used to say back when Bioware was Bioware (i.e. still good); "When it's done."

Eramos
December 15th, 2017, 13:11
We don't have a firm ETA but we are trying our best to keep the development down to the 1-3 month range for an initial release. We've discussed internally doing an Early Access style release and then going back and adding additional functionality at a later date instead of trying to get the perfect ruleset out the gate at release. A focus on the critical stuff would get people playing sooner rather than later.

Hi, I'm just checking. I have been looking for news recently and found this. Its been a good 3 months since this update. My group is finishing up a D&D campaign and are discussing what to play next. Was hoping Starfinder might be ready or maybe a beta to test it out as we play.

Any updates you can give? Beta test options?

Thanks

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2017, 14:09
Welcome to the forums and FG community Eramos!

Have you seen this thread? :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG

ddavison
December 15th, 2017, 14:10
It's getting very close to getting into beta.

The team is very close to wrapping up the final pieces of the ruleset and most of the Core Rulebook module has been built. It will most likely be January for a final release.

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2017, 16:02
Note that he didn't say January of what YEAR. :)

Octavious
December 15th, 2017, 16:22
That would be great for January release.. I bought the hard copy and pdf of the core rulebook, alien archive and the first 2 dead suns adventures.. I only know D&D 5e and am learning Starfinder rules now.. so hope to actually know enough by then to run the first adventure in late January..

Sicaedus
January 12th, 2018, 20:57
It's getting very close to getting into beta.

The team is very close to wrapping up the final pieces of the ruleset and most of the Core Rulebook module has been built. It will most likely be January for a final release.

I don't know how you do your Beta testing, but if you need outside Beta testers... I would be more than willing to do it. I would even pay upfront, right now for the full release version, just to Beta test it.

mfairchild365
January 12th, 2018, 21:00
There was a preview today on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217852846 - It sounds like it will be released in a couple weeks if everything goes according to plan. I take that to mean early February because nothing ever goes according to plan. :P

Nylanfs
January 13th, 2018, 00:34
Welcome to the forums and FG Community both of you!

Sicaedus
January 13th, 2018, 01:44
Welcome to the forums and FG Community both of you!

Thanks! I've been around for a little bit. I'm mostly just a lurker.

Jonbens
February 6th, 2018, 18:06
Thanks! I've been around for a little bit. I'm mostly just a lurker.

Hello fellow Lurker. Can't wait for this to arrive. I'll be running a game in the coming months and want to get started. We use fantasy grounds pretty exclusively the weeks we cant all get together. Ive really enjoyed its customize-ability. Looking forward to the same with Starfinder. :)