PDA

View Full Version : How to update a module

fantasmamore
September 28th, 2017, 09:12
Hello all!

I created a module and now I have to change or add something. One solution is to type /export and save it as module_v2.mod. In this case however I have to choose all my tokens again and since there are about 30 of them, it is a pain doing so.
So, is there a way to type something like /save or /update and automatically save the module with the changes / additions?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I don't know if this is the right place to add this thread. If not, please move it where it should make sense.

Zacchaeus
September 28th, 2017, 12:17
You can't resave an open module.

What you need to do is go back to the original campaign where you created the module and make the changes in that campaign and then export from there. Your module will now have the updates in it. When you open the module in another campaign you should see your edits. If not then right click over the module in the module activation window and select 'revert changes'.

If you want to save tokens along with the module create a folder called 'tokens' within the campaign directory that you are creating the module in and drop the tokens in there.

Andraax
September 28th, 2017, 13:19
Also, tokens that are attached to NPCs are saved automatically, you don't need to drag those over manually. But yeah, any tokens in a tokens folder within the campaign are saved automatically in the module.

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2017, 15:01
If you are making your own modules I suggest you read this Guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices).

fantasmamore
September 28th, 2017, 19:48
Thank you all! Unfortunately I have to keep somewhere all my campaigns just in case I want to change something in the future. On the other side, I didn't know that thing about the program saving automatically the tokens; I was opening each encounter and dragging each npc token to the white box every time! The guide is very helpful :)

Nylanfs
September 29th, 2017, 02:46
Yes, make a "Master Campaign" where you do all your planning and exporting from, and a play campaign where it gets messy (and possibly a test campaign where you game things out.