PDA

View Full Version : Creating my own charsheet

Veelivar
February 21st, 2006, 23:18
Hello,

I'm in the process of creating my own charsheet for the system I am going to run. So far things are going ok, I have a base image that is half finished and I am in the process of defining the text and number box's in xml.

My question is this: on the sample charsheet for Alfred on STR and DEX theer are little +2 icons. How do you get this effect? I can't find the image inteh sample rulset (I was going to find the name of it and track it down from there).

I'm creating for WFRP and want somthing similar to mark of advances in the stat line.

Edit: i also have another question. Is it possible to chaneg the size of the font for filling in the charsheet? I could do with it a little smaller in places.

Cheers in advance,
Dan.

Cantstanzya
February 22nd, 2006, 00:58
use <value type="modifier" /> so that the little bubble will pop up when a numbercontrol is modified.

Veelivar
February 22nd, 2006, 08:20
Ah, So it's not possible to modify it independently of the cell? When i try it it just seems to echo the value in the cell.

I don't know if your familier with Warhammer but it's convention to put a little tick in the advance scheme when you take a step in a stat. That's what i was kinda wantiing to do.

Oh well if I can't I'll have to try some other way of doing it.

Any idea's?

Cheers,
Dan.

Veelivar
February 22nd, 2006, 12:36
Any one know if it is possible to change the size of the font?

Cheers,
Dan.

Crusader
February 22nd, 2006, 17:52
You have to create a new font for it, as per this thread:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2556

hedgewizard
February 22nd, 2006, 18:57
For my own part, when I created my WFRP character sheet, I left it pretty similar to a standard Pencil n Paper sheet with regards to the characteristics and advances.

So the players will actually write in "+5" or "+10", and then the way to keep track is by seeing the difference in the value of the current scheme versus the starting scheme.

I was thinking of adding check boxes in each advance scheme box - but that is a right pain in the kiester, programatically speaking.

Though now I think about it, I could use the three-state checkboxes as they are for the d20 skills. And just put three checkboxes into each advance scheme box.
The player would still write in the text, and just below the text would be 3 blank checkboxes. The first +5% would cross the checkbox, 10% would be a filled (black) box, 15% would be one filled box and one crossed box, etc.

It might clutter things up too much though... I might test it out to see how it goes.

Veelivar
February 22nd, 2006, 22:46
Righteo, will look at that thread and see if it is worth it thanks.

Thanks for the input. I decided to try and keep it similar to standard book too.

Oh well back to it thanks :)

Dan.

Veelivar
March 5th, 2006, 20:55
Ok another couple of questions :)

I wanted to ba able tio add weapons/armour/skills in the same way that spells are. I have the basics of this working but I was wondering if:

1) I could pre-fill in lart of it on the char sheet, for example wrt skills add inthe basic ones that everyone can do by default and then have the ability to add more as they are learn't

2) What I was wanting to do was add enbumberance up fro all trappings/armour weapons etc. If I'm adding stuff as a list can I do this?

Cheers,
Dan.

Veelivar
March 9th, 2006, 09:54
Sorry to bump this but does anyone know?

Cheers,
Dan