PDA

View Full Version : hide monster saving throws

Vhok
September 28th, 2017, 05:31
i'm looking for a way to hide monster saving throws when someone casts a spell at a monster. ever since the most recent patch it auto reveals the success or failure in the chat window with the numbers also shown.

just to clarify I ONLY want to hide the saving throw results nothing else, is there an option for this?

spite
September 28th, 2017, 07:48
Is there not an option under settings called "Chat: Show Results to Clients"?
I think this will hide atks results from players as well as saves though.

Vhok
September 28th, 2017, 07:59
it hides everything that's what I don't want

spite
September 28th, 2017, 08:22
Then I don't think you'll be able to get what you want.
Our of curiosity, what reason do you have to hide just saves and not things like atks aswell? I can understand not having both, or showing both, but not saves/not saves. Just a personal curiosity

Vhok
September 28th, 2017, 10:16
they are supposed to be hidden rolls you wouldn't see monster saves if your playing IRL. you don't always want to kill the party because the monsters make every single save so u fudge it a bit or maby they open a end of module boss fight with a spell that kills the boss and he fails, fights should be more than that. but now I can't hide them without hiding everything. no idea why they just made it show saves all of a sudden, terrible idea.

its the same reason the tower even exists. not every roll should be visable to the party they created dm screens for a reason.

Zacchaeus
September 28th, 2017, 11:51
If you switch on Show DM rolls and then switch on the dice tower the DM can use the dice tower to make hidden rolls in the same way that the players can roll into the dice tower. Another method is to switch on the manual dice roller on the DMs side and you then have the facility to choose a result. You can also switch off show results to client which will show that a roll is made but not the result.

As far as I can remember, if you have show DM rolls on then the results of a saving throw has always been shown in chat - nothing to do with the last update. And on another point traditionally all rolls made by the DM would be behind the screen; not just saving throws.

Vhok
September 28th, 2017, 12:05
If you switch on Show DM rolls and then switch on the dice tower the DM can use the dice tower to make hidden rolls in the same way that the players can roll into the dice tower. Another method is to switch on the manual dice roller on the DMs side and you then have the facility to choose a result. You can also switch off show results to client which will show that a roll is made but not the result.

As far as I can remember, if you have show DM rolls on then the results of a saving throw has always been shown in chat - nothing to do with the last update. And on another point traditionally all rolls made by the DM would be behind the screen; not just saving throws.

none of that helps me I already knew and use all of that. and no it did not show saving throw results before

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2017, 17:02
Under the "Chat: Show Results to Clients" option, there is also a "Friendly" option that will only show results if both the source and the target are friendly faction. Have you tried that one already?

Regards,
JPG

Vhok
September 29th, 2017, 02:47
that might just do it i'll try it tomorrow night thanks

Vhok
September 30th, 2017, 00:21
didn't work it hides any rolls vs monsters. I only want to hide saves

Moon Wizard
September 30th, 2017, 00:38
Anything more granular than the current options would have to be a custom extension.

Regards,
JPG