PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Mode

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 00:35
I get the feeling that this fix is going to be really simple but I cant seem to find it.

As of just over a week ago, FG has gone full screen. Completely covering the windows bar at the bottom of my screen. I can right click in FG to 'restore window' and go into a much smaller windowed mode, but when i stretch it out. It goes back to full again.

Just looking for it to be like it always was for me. Anyone able to offer advice?

Talyn
September 28th, 2017, 01:43
Not saying this will work, but try this:

FG Launcher -> click the "Open Data Directory" button, then go to the /campaigns/ folder then the folder for the campaign you're getting this display issue with.
Go ahead and run FG. Once you're in, type /scaleui 100 then exit FG.
Once you exit FG, delete the windowstate.xml file in that campaign folder you have up.
Re-run FG and see if that fixes your display or not?

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 11:03
Tried it and it didnt work. I checked a few other campaigns as well and all are the same scaling. Even the starting screen before i load any campaign goes totally into a full screen.

damned
September 28th, 2017, 13:43
Find the windows shortcut and change its properties from Maximised to Normal Window.

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 14:35
Hey Damned,
Logged out of FG, made the change in properties (it was already on windowed so i changed it to max and back) and there was no change when I reopened.
Also noting that on my wife's PC, she has the same thing happening. Properties says it is normal window but it is full screen.

Not sure when exactly it started happening, could it be from the more recent update?

Is anyone elses FG currently like this as well (full screen, covering task bar)

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 14:45
If i uninstall Fg to reinstall it, all of my campaign folders and characters should stay correct? Or should i back them up in case

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2017, 15:16
When it's going full screen when you try to stretch it, try changing the size just a little bit and make sure you are not stretching it anywhere near the edge of your screen. Windows has a function that if you stretch a window and drag it close to an edge it will think you want to maximize it.

You can turn off that Windows function in your control panel. I think it's actually in the mouse settings and not the windows settings.

damned
September 28th, 2017, 15:17
Hi Valekk if you want me to look at it with you send me your email via PM.

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 15:34
LordEntrails - I am able to make it a much smaller window and stretch it most of the way without windows auto filling it. I'm going to search for the option you talked about to see if i will find that okay. I am mostly just trying to get back to the way it was before.

Damned - PM'ed you my email.

LordEntrails
September 28th, 2017, 16:22
Steps here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-stop-automatic-maximize-of-a-window-in/b775f81e-2e25-4796-ad66-f03e884d3c26?auth=1). I don't think FG should have changed this behavior though... *baffled*

Andraax
September 28th, 2017, 16:23
If i uninstall Fg to reinstall it, all of my campaign folders and characters should stay correct? Or should i back them up in case

Yes, and yes.

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 16:30
Tried multi different FG now, it seems to be more of a bug then just on my end.

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2017, 17:15
I responded in the v3.3.3 thread as well. The issue is new code that allows maximizing to any monitor (instead of always to primary) as well as the ability to remember the last window position between sessions, which required some changes to this section of code. I'm trying to pin down exactly why the code isn't working in every situation, like for Valekk.

Some questions for Valekk:

* Which version of FG are you running? (v3.3.2 (Live) or v3.3.3 (Test))
* Does this only happen when you maximize, or does it also happen when FG is not maximized?
* How many monitors are you running?
* What are the resolutions for each monitor from the Windows display settings?
* What are the display scaling settings for each monitor from the Windows display settings?
* What is the Scale UI setting from the FG Settings?

Thanks,
JPG

Valekk
September 28th, 2017, 18:27
Steps here (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-stop-automatic-maximize-of-a-window-in/b775f81e-2e25-4796-ad66-f03e884d3c26?auth=1). I don't think FG should have changed this behavior though... *baffled*

Thanks, I have your suggestion done until I totally figure this out.

Valekk
September 29th, 2017, 16:12
I responded in the v3.3.3 thread as well. The issue is new code that allows maximizing to any monitor (instead of always to primary) as well as the ability to remember the last window position between sessions, which required some changes to this section of code. I'm trying to pin down exactly why the code isn't working in every situation, like for Valekk.
JPG

Never seen this when i last replied sorry =D

Some questions for Valekk:

* Which version of FG are you running? v3.3.2 (Live)
* Does this only happen when you maximize, or does it also happen when FG is not maximized? When it is max it covers the task bar. When it is minimized it goes into a smaller square that reaches from the top to bottom of the screen and goes behind the taskbar slightly and the same distance in lenght .
* How many monitors are you running? 1
* What are the resolutions for each monitor from the Windows display settings? 1366 x 768
* What are the display scaling settings for each monitor from the Windows display settings? 100%
* What is the Scale UI setting from the FG Settings? 90%. I was using 100% when it first started. Tired 80% yesterday, trying 90% today.

damned
September 29th, 2017, 16:14
Hi Moon Wizard mine does the same.
If I go full screen - on either screen (1600x900, 1920x1080) it covers the task bar on that screen.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2017, 17:38
@damned,

Some questions for you too. :)

* Do you have any Windows UI scaling set in your Windows Display Settings? (from right click on Windows desktop, Display Settings)
* What is your FG UI Scaling set to? 100%?
* Can you try v3.3.3 in the Test channel?

Thanks,
JPG

Valekk
September 29th, 2017, 21:55
Moonwizard,

I asked in the 3.3.3 thread but im still having issues. Computers arent my strong skill =D

I went into setting. Clicked test, got an update so i got that and the top right still says 3.3.2.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2017, 22:29
Hmm, we've been noticing a handful of people where the main executable isn't updating correctly, but haven't pinned down the cause yet.

If possible, can you open the FG app directory, delete FantasyGrounds.exe and run FGUpdaterEngine.exe?

Thanks,
JPG

Valekk
September 29th, 2017, 23:06
You truly are a wizard, It worked!

It also has 3.3.3 for test up in the top now.

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2017, 23:46
Did v3.3.3 resolve the task bar overlap/underlap issue you were seeing in v3.3.2?

Thanks,
JPG

Valekk
September 30th, 2017, 06:40
Yes it did. Mine says 3.3.3 atm and it works perfect.