PDA

View Full Version : NPC Stat Block Bank

Lilith
February 21st, 2006, 22:50
Hello, all, first post. I bought the Fantasy Grounds full license yesterday, and I was happily impressed with the product and I can't wait to make my first adventure in it!

What I wanted to share with everybody is my NPC Stat Block Bank (https://www.darkmoongallery.com/npc/). It's a place for people to share their NPC creations to use in their games.

I've offered three ways to view the NPCs - standard printing, 3x5 card and an XML format I believe is compatible with the FG format. What I'd like is to see people use this and let me know if there are any bugs or issues with the exporting. I can test it, but it won't be as good if other people help me out with that!

If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to PM me concerning it. :D

richvalle
February 21st, 2006, 23:45
Nice! Thanks.

For those interested there is also this: https://d20npcs.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page

Though I don't think it does xml/FG support.

rv

danielpryor
February 22nd, 2006, 09:37
If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to PM me concerning it. :D

I do, it's not compatible with SRD-20, but with the old base d20 ruleset. I would highly recommend changing them to be compatible with the new ruleset, as many people are switching to it. I can see that this is going to be a big problem with compatibility. I'm hoping everyone can agree on one ruleset and stick with it.

gurney9999
February 22nd, 2006, 14:38
I would have to disagree with that. While many are moving to use the srd, someone creating a freebie such as this should create it for what comes with the application, not for an add-on that many may not choose to purchase. It should be up to the person using the srd to convert the code, or maybe DA could release/sell a converter of some sort.

richvalle
February 22nd, 2006, 14:50
Though I use the d20srd, I agree with Gurney on this one.

rv

sunbeam60
February 22nd, 2006, 19:04
Awesome stuff. I'll use that DB for sure. Cheers for adding FG XML support. This "little app" is turning more and more heads!

Cantstanzya
February 23rd, 2006, 02:30
Wow, this would come in real handy. Unfortunatly I play first edition and these are not compatable with my campaign. Any chance on making another catagory of what ruleset the character was created for? This way the user could sort by ruleset type and find a character for the ruleset they are running. I don't think that you should try to do any type of conversion, but if others out there submit a character for a specific ruleset that you would be able to sort by that ruleset and download it.
Very handy work though. It is a great addition to the community.