PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about FG

neoanomally
February 21st, 2006, 22:27
First I'd like to say that I'm in the navy, and I usually have time on the weekends to play my beloved DnD. I just moved and I'm moving again so I won't have time to meet people and start up a game with anyone because we won't have time to meet. When I picked up this months Dungeon it had this website. I browsed around, read a few forum articles, and even downloaded the tutorial just to give myself an idea of what the program had to offer.
I have enjoyed what I've seen soo far, and I see the enthusiasm of some of the articles I've read about the program and playing online.. I have yet to buy it because some of my friends back home didn't really like the idea, because they all still play together, and they don't want to pay extra money. I'd be willing to purchase the lite licsence if someone could convince me to and I joined a group.. I haven't played for about 2 1/2 months now and I know I won't be able to unless I play some kind online and what have you.. If anyone is interested in recruiting me for a game and convince me to buy it please do, also is there anything I should know about the program and grouping with people?

Cantstanzya
February 22nd, 2006, 01:11
I remember playing D&D on a six month Med cruise back in '89 ... good times. If you have ever DMed then I suggest you get the full version. When you are out on a ship for any extended period of time, I know you'll have plenty of time to create maps and campaigns. If you are strickly a player then just get the lite version.
What is your ruleset of choice? What timezone are you in? What is the best time for you?

neoanomally
February 22nd, 2006, 01:21
I have played AD&D and Now I'm playing 3.5 rules.. The last campaign I was in was an eberron setting.. I have DM'd in the past and I know how good underways are for creating excellent stories and adventures! Right now my boat is in dry dock and is getting out soon, but it looks like we'll be getting another refit which is supposed to take a year, and that's why I'll be in GA. I'm Eastern time and so far the best time for me to play is on Saturday, anytime really. I'm also open to any game in which I can get my hands on the rule book. I'm was mainly interested in the online format to play with people I know back home, but some of them aren't willing to, because they have a game going back home so as long as I can find a group in which fits my schedule I'm up for it.