PDA

View Full Version : Double and 1/2 Proficiency Verbiage?

OmegasLS
September 26th, 2017, 23:07
I apologize if this has been answered but I've been rummaging through the forums for a over an hour with no luck. :( I'm looking to find the verbiage for 1/2 and double proficiency bonus'. With regard to character setup.

I.E. You have proficiency in the Insight skill. (Proper verbiage for Profcient)

I just have no idea what the sentence must read in order to get the 1/2 or double proficiency bonus. Or if this keyword/sentence structure functionality even exists.

Also the Animal Handling skill seems not to work at all for me... I must have something wrong but this is what I have written:

You have proficiency in the Animal Handling skill.

But it does not add the proficient star.

Thanks bunches in advance!

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2017, 23:12
Do you mean to do this automatically? If so that doesn't exist; you have to click the button to cycle through the options in the Skills tab.

Moon Wizard
September 26th, 2017, 23:22
There is no wording to add half or double proficiency bonus. The class/race features are only parsed for "proficiency in X skill".

Regards,
JPG

OmegasLS
September 27th, 2017, 02:52
Ahhh gotcha thank you for the quick replies. :)

JohnD
September 27th, 2017, 04:57
On the Skills tab you have un-proficient (no star), half proficient (half star), proficient (full star) and double proficient (two stars).

eabe
September 28th, 2017, 20:42
I think he means how do you get those in 5E. Such as from a Rogue Expertise bonus.

I am no expert, and don't play often. So maybe someone else can list all the ways. That is the only one off the top of my head.

Moon Wizard
September 28th, 2017, 21:23
You adjust them manually on your sheet, as JohnD mentioned in previous post. They are not added automatically.

Regards,
JPG

Blackwolf
September 29th, 2017, 19:38
I do not know of any thing in the 5E rules at present that gives a half proficiency in any skill other than GMs' for story line Etc.

JohnD
September 29th, 2017, 19:57
Bard - Jack of all Trades.

Blackwolf
September 30th, 2017, 03:29
Ok but still nothing that awards half a proficiency in a skill the bard ability allows you to add half to your bonus rounded down to any that dosnt already have your bonus. So kind of does in an off hand way.