PDA

View Full Version : D&D5e One-Shot Interest Check

daggerfortysix
September 26th, 2017, 20:25
Are there any D&D5e players/DMs that would be interested in participating in/DMing one-shot games?

I have a very unpredictable schedule and it seems like spontaneous one-shot games are the only way I can game. I am pretty much ready and able to DM games, and have tons of adventures from the DMs Guild, etc. I would really like to use AL games as well. I feel like this is a big enough community that these pick-up games would be pretty easy to fill up.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions from others in the community wanting spontaneous dungeons and dragons like me. I know we can post games on the Game Calendar, and many do. Those seem to fill up quickly so it seems like more one-shot games throughout the days would be great!

Ctmega
September 26th, 2017, 21:22
I am interested to Play or DM... I have an Ultimate License and all the 5e content as well as a ton of 3rd party stuff.

Thanks!

ZaceAnark
September 30th, 2017, 00:36
Good Evening,

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but I have been playing around and believe that I have it down. I used to play D&D 25+ years ago, I played up through AD&D version 3 and stopped. I picked up D&D 4th edition and played around a few years ago. I am new to 5th edition, but not too much has changed over the years.

I did purchase the Ultimate License and have the complete D&D Bundle as well. I am looking to do a few one shots to get back into the swing of things.

Ultimate License Holder - Complete D&D Bundle plus tons of extras
Preferred Game: D&D5E
Timezone: US EST Time
Time: Nights and Weekends
Communication: Skype, Discord, Vent, Teamspeak

menchet
October 4th, 2017, 01:13
I'm definitely interested as well. I'm the same way, having an unpredictable schedule.

I am also new to both FG and DnD. I have tried to find grounds in person and on similar programs, but never have found a group to play with. If you are interested in letting a newbie join, keep me in mind.

Cabales
October 4th, 2017, 01:36
I think I'd be interested if the time frame was right. I'm very interested in running the AL stuff as well. It would b great if there were enough of these to keep at least one or two characters advancing through one shots across multiple DMs. I'm pretty sure I know at least one other person who would be interested too.

I'm on Eastern time (GMT -5) and generally free on weekday evenings and Saturdays.

daggerfortysix
October 5th, 2017, 01:59
All right, it seems like there are people interested and I am available to DM accordingly. My schedule will be quite random and short notice will be likely. Would people like to play DMsGuild short/one-shot adventures at varying levels or Adventure League games starting from the beginning or something like that?

Cabales
October 5th, 2017, 02:24
In my opinion it should be up to the person who's going to DM that adventure. I personally find both ideas intriguing. Having said that, I think I would start out with low level adventures. It just makes more sense to me.

daggerfortysix
October 5th, 2017, 02:28
Edit

daggerfortysix
October 5th, 2017, 02:28
I think I’d do a mix of both as necessary....

Ctmega
October 5th, 2017, 19:27
I would say that the level/setting/theme/etc... should be determined by the DM who would be running the session... Though I like some of the AL content, I wouldn't specifically want to be limited to it. I have a ton of material that I run for my local group which would be good but it is not AL nor does it follow the AL rules (Specifically referring to magic items).

happywhisp
October 11th, 2017, 01:50
I am interested to play pls))

ZeakQ
October 11th, 2017, 20:31
I and 3 of my friends are interesting in playing a one shot, they have used roll20 most of the time and I have used fantasy grounds a bit.

bmoore1969
November 14th, 2017, 00:39
Need help to create Characters

ciscokid7092
December 4th, 2017, 22:57
I'd be interested

jjod27
December 5th, 2017, 15:27
I am interested based on times and dates.