PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker and PFRPG Questions in Regards to FG

NinjaDano
September 26th, 2017, 15:47
I recently found out that I had an Ultimate License for Fantasy Grounds and decided I'd like to run my favorite Pathfinder Adventure Path, Kingmaker. So I purchased the Kingmaker AP1 for FG and was looking around at what I can do with the tools and found I have a few questions.

- If I buy the Advanced Player's Guide or Ultimate Magic, will my players have access to those rule sets (via my Ultimate License) or will they need to purchase them as well?
- Do I need the Core Rules Pack to run everything?
- Do I need to purchase Bestiary 1 & 2 (I believe these are the two that Kingmaker used in the tabletop version) to have access to the monsters?
- Do the Bestiaries add tokens for the monsters?

I'm willing to buy the rule sets from the shop and add them to the game if there's value added, but I don't want to spend the money needlessly if there's really no added benefit.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2017, 16:36
Welcome to the forums!

Quick answers
- Any modules the GM owns they can share with the players, who will have access to them when they are connected to the GMs campaign. So they won't need to purchase content you own.
- No, you don't *need* the Core Rules Pack to run everything - but it can make it nicer for players with drag/drop functionality and having reference material you can share. But you can run Kingmaker fine without the Core Rule Pack.
- All monsters used in the adventure modules come with their statblock records in the module and a token (either a relevant image or a letter token) - you can run fine without the bestiaries.
- The bestiaries do have tokens and images for creatures that had a relevant image in the original material.

NinjaDano
September 26th, 2017, 16:39
So to be clear, if I own the Core Rules Pack, Advanced Players Guide and Ultimate Magic and load them into the game, my players will have access to all of that content? If so, looks like I'll be buying some more rule sets!

Nylanfs
September 26th, 2017, 17:09
Also, make sure to sync your Paizo account and you will get a discount if you already have a PDF in the Paizo store.

NinjaDano
September 26th, 2017, 17:14
Heh, first thing I did when I read it on the shop screen. Definitely helps!

Bidmaron
September 26th, 2017, 17:18
Be advised that kingmaker 1 at last report was not syncing. Which brings up a question: if we buy can we get reimbursed once it is working?

Trenloe
September 26th, 2017, 17:22
Be advised that kingmaker 1 at last report was not syncing.
It's Mummy's Mask 1 that isn't syncing with Paizo. Kingmaker 1 (and all the rest) should be fine.

Bidmaron
September 26th, 2017, 19:50
Oops. But question applies. If we purchase it (Mummy) is there a way to get reimbursed once they fix sync problem?

Moon Wizard
September 26th, 2017, 20:39
Yes, send a note to [email protected]

Cheers,
JPG