PDA

View Full Version : NPC Special Saving Throw

azamboni
September 26th, 2017, 10:07
Hi to all,

I have a special case for automate some NPC attacks, and I don't know if it's possible to do it...

This attack doesn't need an attack roll. Targets in the area needs to make a DC 15 dexterity saving throw, taking no damage on success and 1/4 of damage on failure.

Someone know if this is possible and what is the exact wording syntax in case?

Many thanks in advance!

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2017, 10:37
You could use the evasion ability which does what you need. So you would have to place an effect EVASION: on all of the PCs and then set up your attack to do half damage on a successful save as usual.

Moon Wizard
September 26th, 2017, 12:44
Only half damage on save is handled. If you want to do quarter damage, you would need to apply wounds manually, or go through gyrations like Zacchaeus posted. It’s probably faster to just apply manually.

Regards,
JPG

azamboni
September 26th, 2017, 13:06
OK! Got it.

Many thanks guys!

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2017, 15:24
If they take no damage on a save and 1/4 damage on a fail... Then justmake the damage 1/4 of what you were going to make it (i.e instead of 4d6 damage, set it to 1d6) and set for no damage on a save. Or did I misunderstand what you said?

Nickademus
September 26th, 2017, 18:06
If they take no damage on a save and 1/4 damage on a fail... Then justmake the damage 1/4 of what you were going to make it (i.e instead of 4d6 damage, set it to 1d6) and set for no damage on a save. Or did I misunderstand what you said?

This. I'm not sure where you are getting the damage from (a pre-made source for example) but if you can change the damage value, just set it to what you want.

azamboni
September 27th, 2017, 12:34
All of you are right!
This come up due to some scripting I'm developing in order to create NPC with Par5e (spoiler: this is for the FG community as soon is ready).
If was possible to do it through "wording" it was easier to me in order to implement. But as isn't possible, I'm using your suggestion to half the half of the damage input.
Thanks guys!