PDA

View Full Version : When A Star Falls, DnD 5E, Sundays, 6pm PST

Mentalic
September 25th, 2017, 19:13
I am looking for 2 more players. If you are interested, please send me a PM and apply on the calendar.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: Sundays starting at 6 pm PST
Planned start date: 10/1
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour sessions played weekly (module should take 20+ hours)
Term: Short Term (single module); may consider following it up with other modules if there is interest

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak (own server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: Oldschool DnD with 5E rules
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 continuing from a previous module; need 2 more
Character starting level & equipment: 3rd level; DM will discuss starting equipment during session 0.

“Hurled like a blazing spear from the night sky, the shooting-star would shape the fates of many – so it was written. Yours is the chance to reforge destiny. There is everything to gain… or to lose….”

I will be running a group of four adventurers through a conversion of the 1E module “When a Star Falls.” Please make sure to read my house rules (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pi_X0iGuVhyZT5j_Kcurzl02f-gQxlVTYQMVsA8xygo/edit?usp=drivesdk). They aren’t for everybody (Variant Initiative, no Multiclassing, etc). Since classic modules were designed for slightly larger parties, I will run a very simple DMPC to help out a bit.

The current party has already completed the first edition module "Against the Cult of the Reptile God." If all goes well, I may follow this with at least one other first edition conversion as a sort of patchwork campaign.

A word of caution on conversions:
Conversions can have uneven difficulty. I once ran a conversion of a Paizo AP that I found on the Paizo forums. The party unfortunately TPKed rather suddenly after handling several encounters handily. I don't think this conversion will present as many issues though since older modules use mostly standard monsters.

Link to Gamecalendar page: LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2681)

Mentalic
September 29th, 2017, 21:51
It looks like I need just one more player. Please send me a private message if interested.