FG License: Utimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT UK
Day of week and time: Thursday 8pm
If new game, planned start date: once we have 4 players
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: its Dnd so loads of combat and as much roleplay as the players bring to the mix
Number of Players in game & needed:4, I have one may be two already
Character starting level & equipment: 1 ,.
Character restrictions: I have PHB , elemental companion plus Volo's guide. Point build

Details of your scenario:

Wotc's latest adventure, hex crawl plus killer dungeon
Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2778

I have been playing RPG's for way to long and have been running games on Fantasy Grounds for five years. I try to run fun informal and inclusive game that allows players role play and drive the narrative/plot in a campaign. I have run mainly Pathfinder, Rolemaster and 5e on fantasy grounds ranging from organised play to a campaign that lasted two years.
I will only accept players who post in this thread. Please say a bit about whether you have played 5e or used Fantasy grounds much before

DMshane
September 25th, 2017, 11:49
I am the player already mentioned so just putting this here. I am playing a Half-elf Fighter with a view to multiclass.

hawkwind
September 26th, 2017, 16:07
great to see you sign up DMshane

CraneBane
September 27th, 2017, 21:47
Hello Hawkwind,

I would love to play this campaign and a UK based group fits very well with my timezone.

FG License: I own the full paid version of Fantasy Grounds and have licenses for all the core D&D 5E rulebooks, including Volo’s Guide to Monsters.

Time Zone: I live in Denmark (GMT+2) so I have difficulties participating in games during USA evenings. Ideally I would like to connect with a British group or an English-speaking European group.

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Preferably a weekly or a bi-weekly game, but really I am open for suggestions.

Term: I am looking for a good group to hook up with. I don’t mind joining an on-going campaign, or we could start feeling each other out by playing a one-shot. Ideally this would lead us to play an extended campaign.

Voice: I expect the group to be using voice chat at the very least, and possibly also webcam video. I am from Denmark and English is not my first language, but I speak fluent English and have a more than adequate vocabulary.

Game System Experience: I’ve been playing Dungeons & Dragons and Call of Cthulhu since the ‘80s and have lots of experience with those systems. I picked up D&D 5E about a year ago and have all the rulebooks, etc.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am well-versed in the use of Fantasy Grounds and have experience from building scenarios in FG and running the game as the GM.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing all kinds of characters. I really have no special preferences, as long as the character is interesting and maybe has a few flaws to make him/her believable and vulnerable.

About me: I enjoy a good mix between roleplaying, investigation and combat. I tend towards a more serious tone, although I do enjoy a good laugh as much as the next man. I am very committed to this hobby and I enjoy meeting other players who feel the same way.

I would be very happy to hear from you if you feel we could make this work :-)

simpletense
September 27th, 2017, 22:55
Hi Hawkwind,

I'd love to play in this campaign. I'm in the UK and Thursday evenings work really well for me.

FG License: Full license

Time Zone: UK (BST)

D&D 5e experience: I’ve been in a local pen n paper group for about two years but we meet infrequently and I'll like to scratch my gaming itch more regularly. I've got copies of all the rule books.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I haven't really got any experience with FG but am keen to pick it up.

Character: Happy to play most character types, but particularly keen to try a rogue, monk, or wizard.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, give me a shout. Really keen to get playing again!

hawkwind
September 27th, 2017, 22:57
Hi Cranebane

I am happy to play with you if the proposed times suit you which is start about 8pm London time playing for about 2 to 3 hours most weeks. Thanks for your informative reply, it sounds like you are just the sort of player I'm looking but I won't be using a web cam!

ColinBuckler
September 28th, 2017, 14:21
Hi Hawkwind,

I would like to play in your Tomb of Annihilation game running on a Thursday night.

A bit about me:

I am an experienced UK role player, playing in my first D&D game in 1977. Over the years I have played in a multitude of campaigns with a wide variety of character. Yes that does make me quite old... well a young at heart 52 year old.

I also have great knowledge of Fantasy Grounds both as a player and a DM.
- Just finished Hoard of the Dragon Queen where I played a female Wizard who absolutely hated anything to do with dragons and had to cope/come to terms with a Barbarian Dragonborn in the party. About to start Rise of Tiamat this week.
- Almost finished Curse of Strade as a Halfling Cook (*cough* Rogue *cough*) who is honorable and loyal to the party. His only real vice is food.

I have just finished an 18 week stint of running Lost Mines of Phandelver at our local games club where I tweaked the module sufficently for the group have a personalised experience for their backgrounds
Currently running Princes of the Apocolypse on Fantasy Grounds with the heroes at 4th level.

If you have room for me in your game, I would like to play a Wood Elven Cleric of Corellion, following the Light domain.

hawkwind
September 28th, 2017, 17:16
Colin and Simple tense you are both welcome to play

ColinBuckler
September 28th, 2017, 18:22
Thanks hawkwind.

Just PM'ed you a link to zip file from from my one drive account with the character and images.

brokenbikez
September 28th, 2017, 18:59
I am interested in joining

hawkwind
September 28th, 2017, 21:10
Hi Broken bikes are you ok for difference in time zones?

hawkwind
September 28th, 2017, 21:20
Ok it looks like we have viable party. I would like to have the first session next Thursday at 8pm BST and I'm happy the server up any evening or over the weekend for anyone who needs to build a character

brokenbikez
September 28th, 2017, 21:21
Hi Broken bikes are you ok for difference in time zones?

yes I am ok with that I will make it happen

hawkwind
September 28th, 2017, 22:13
Just thought I would check

Shido
September 29th, 2017, 05:07
Hey there ^ . ^!

My name is Moe, but feel free to call me Shido :D

I'm a very easygoing person who just loves bringing his characters into life and roleplaying them, it is what I most look forward to in DnD. I have about a year's experience with DnD 5e and almost five years of RP experience. My characters vary in personalities and moods, which makes me happy to choose a character that would fill in a missing element in the group.

This is my first time using Fantasy Grounds, I'm testing it out and if all goes well I'll probably subscribe for the Ultimate package :o

If you'd like to ask any questions please feel free ^ . ^!

hawkwind
September 29th, 2017, 08:33
congratulations on your first post and welcome aboard

Shido
September 29th, 2017, 09:10
Thanks ^ . ^! Looking forward to it :o

hawkwind
September 29th, 2017, 11:05
Could people update the calendar (link in first post) to show if they can make next Thursday please

hawkwind
September 29th, 2017, 11:05
https://discord.gg/2Q5v4Pz is the discord channel

simpletense
September 29th, 2017, 11:06
Cheers hawkwind,

I'll apply on the came calendar.

Is there anything else you need me to do?

DuskoDugouska
September 29th, 2017, 11:41
G License: Free Game
Time Zone:+1 UTC
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: weekly, it would be best that the game starts from 6pm to 9pm in my time zone(lasting up to 5 hours), weekends can do earlier or later
Term: Any
Voice: or anything that the group wants

Game System Preferred: any D&D, Pathfinder but i am willing to try new stuff
Game System Experience: D&D 3.5, 4e, 5e, some Pathfinder
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm familiar with Fantasy Grounds i'v played a few games
Character Type Preferred: I have a preference for casters(even half or third casters) but am flexible and will fill any role
About me: I'm a total fantasy and sci-fi geek, i love books, movies ,tv-shows and games of both genre. I like to i role-play but as long as it is 40% story and all fun i'm good.

hawkwind
September 29th, 2017, 13:27
Cheers hawkwind,

I'll apply on the came calendar.

Is there anything else you need me to do?
build a character before the game,

RogueDK
September 29th, 2017, 15:58
Hello.

First of all I would like to thank you for letting me know about this. I would love to be a part of it.

Second im danish and playing at 10 pm is a bit late, but Im willing to give it a go.

You already have my info, so no need to post it again here.

-RogueDK

hawkwind
October 1st, 2017, 10:26
Hello.

First of all I would like to thank you for letting me know about this. I would love to be a part of it.

Second im danish and playing at 10 pm is a bit late, but Im willing to give it a go.

You already have my info, so no need to post it again here.

-RogueDK

I have six players but one is bound to drop out so your in, the servers up if any one wants to build a character

hawkwind
October 1st, 2017, 10:29
Also i willbe online to help with character building and a chat on the discord channel from about 9pm BST Monday

DMshane
October 5th, 2017, 10:33
We all good for starting this off tonight?

Cheers

Shane

hawkwind
October 5th, 2017, 12:08
we are , all further communications regarding this campaign will be done by PM and text chat of the discord server. Please have your characters ready for play for the eight pm kick off, the server is going up again now to enable people to build characters and i will be monitoring discord. The game session should last about two to three hours

Jecker
October 5th, 2017, 16:17
Hi Hawkwind

I recently saw this post and very excited about this group. Would it be possible for me to join with you guys?

hawkwind
October 5th, 2017, 19:45
Hi Hawkwind

I recently saw this post and very excited about this group. Would it be possible for me to join with you guys?

Kind full currently, may be in a week or two if people drop out

hawkwind
October 6th, 2017, 07:41
7 players booked up, loads more players turned away but only three turn up and only one apology

DMshane
October 6th, 2017, 08:26
Was a good session, maybe add one more player to make 5 PC's...?

SoldierOfMisfortune
October 14th, 2017, 01:49
If you need one more. I can join you. I've been salivating for a Tomb of Annihilation game. I can play almost anything but right now I have fancy half-orc duelist in mind. Very defensive with a dash of magic.

hawkwind
October 28th, 2017, 10:33
sorry full for the moment