PDA

View Full Version : Updater Client will not accept credentials

Edwin79
September 23rd, 2017, 21:23
I am trying to configure my Fantasy Groungs client so I can join a campaign.

When I run the installer, the client will not validate the login. It will not begin the install process - it returns an error:

CredentialsProcessUserCookie
Error reading end tag.

Any tips on how to overcome this error will be appreciated.

I successfully installed the client on my desktop system running the same OS - Windows 10. This is only an issue on my laptop. I suspect it is an issue with some work firewall setting.

Zacchaeus
September 23rd, 2017, 22:26
You can only have one machine configured for port 1802 at a time.

Why can't you join the game with your PC?

Edwin79
September 23rd, 2017, 23:24
We are playing at my DM's house. He has the License and we have to be on the same network.
I am just trying to install the client. Does that use port 1802 as well?

I have tried on 3 different network configurations - my home network (worked on PC, not on laptop), my cell data sharing, my DM's network.
All fail on the laptop.

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2017, 00:01
No installing doesn't need the port. if your DM has his client open then the FG site will have noted that and noted his IP address in use. If you are on the same network it will be using the same IP so will be looking for his credentials. If he closes his client you should be able to download and install.

damned
September 24th, 2017, 01:05
Could your work computer be running something like cisco umbrella and blocking access to various types of websites?

Edwin79
September 24th, 2017, 01:23
That could absolutely be the case. I can use the website fine, but I cant get the client to recognize my demo account, so it will not install.
We have some forced firewalls that I cannot control, if I can determine where I m being blocked, I have enough pull with IT management to get it corrected, but I need to be specific about what is blocked.

LordEntrails
September 24th, 2017, 04:39
I have had a similar issue in the past with corporate security software. I found that when trying to run a web install, it would download the package to a temp directory, but the security software would not allow an executable to run from the temp download directory (it was somewhere in the user profile or something). I had to find where it was downloading the package and then move it to a directory I had full control over before executing it. Setting permissions on the temp folder did not work since the security s/w intercepted it or something.

Hope that helps. I know its not very specific and may not be relevant.

Edwin79
September 24th, 2017, 20:06
That gives me something to work with. I will see what I can do with that, thanks.

Edwin79
September 26th, 2017, 02:23
I installed it to a SDHC card and got it running on the laptop. I will have to move it to update, but I think it works, just waiting to test it with the DM! Thank you all for the help.