PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Deadlands campaign NPC's

David D.
September 23rd, 2017, 18:07
Hi all,

I've noticed that alot of the npc's in the Deadlands Adventures seem broken.
I'm trying to get The Flood ready for my group and noticed that when i setup an encounter in the Combat tracker, the npc attacks all seem to be untrained. (1d4-2)
Hopefully i'm just missing something but i cant see what. It's both shooting and melee attacks that seem off.
Some npc's arn't even armed, but i guess that just means its fist fighting time.

Any help appreciated

Sgain
September 23rd, 2017, 19:17
seems like some of them are broken. Avenging Angels, Ernie Miller for example. Maybe we're supposed to add their gear as well?

David D.
September 23rd, 2017, 19:24
Yeah it seems most of them are. Only found a few that seem to be working. Hope someone has a fix.
Some have gear and skills to use it, but combat tracker still says they fight untrained. Weird and frustrating:(

David D.
September 24th, 2017, 08:08
Ok, for those that are noobs like me, i found out how to fix it.

Example: The first Plot point encounter in the Flood, "Apache Party".
Load the encounter into the Combat Tracker. Then open the first Indian brave character sheet by pressing the little circle on the far right in the tracker.
On the Character Sheet, press the padlock so its open. Open combat tab on the sheet and press the circle on the bow. Press the padlock on the bow and edit what you need. (the info can be found in Library-DL:R Player Guide-Weapons). Lock the Bow again.
Do the same for the Tomahawk.
Now Lock the Indian Brave and it should update all the Braves at once.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2017, 08:21
From our internal discussions, it appears that this information was not included with these NPCs as part of the original conversion, and that the features of the ruleset have advanced considerably since then. We don't have a timeline yet, but we are reaching out to the DLC developers to see if we can coordinate an update to these products.

Thanks,
JPG

JohnD
September 24th, 2017, 18:44
Ok, for those that are noobs like me, i found out how to fix it.

Example: The first Plot point encounter in the Flood, "Apache Party".
Load the encounter into the Combat Tracker. Then open the first Indian brave character sheet by pressing the little circle on the far right in the tracker.
On the Character Sheet, press the padlock so its open. Open combat tab on the sheet and press the circle on the bow. Press the padlock on the bow and edit what you need. (the info can be found in Library-DL:R Player Guide-Weapons). Lock the Bow again.
Do the same for the Tomahawk.
Now Lock the Indian Brave and it should update all the Braves at once.

That is how to fix it. Problem is, having bought a product, you shouldn't have to do that. IMO anyways.

Talyn
September 24th, 2017, 18:56
Agreed. @Doswelk and I were looking at this yesterday and, far as we could tell, the developer of The Flood is no longer among our community so it'll probably be up to someone else to get it patched up.

Seems to be a common theme with the really old (2009-era) DLC, that they have incomplete NPCs, among other things. I wasn't around back then so I don't know if FG simply didn't support more NPC features or what the deal was. There was zero QA, however; at least we have that for the past year.

David D.
September 24th, 2017, 20:39
Luckily it's not too hard to fix it our selves. Just a bit overwhelming when new to the program. It does help me learn the ins and outs though, so it's not all bad.

Mgrancey
September 25th, 2017, 14:15
Agreed. @Doswelk and I were looking at this yesterday and, far as we could tell, the developer of The Flood is no longer among our community so it'll probably be up to someone else to get it patched up.

Seems to be a common theme with the really old (2009-era) DLC, that they have incomplete NPCs, among other things. I wasn't around back then so I don't know if FG simply didn't support more NPC features or what the deal was. There was zero QA, however; at least we have that for the past year.

I was on Hiatus due to new job for the last couple of years; I had gotten used to it last year but then it exploded in my face. My average day is more often 10 to 12 hours rather than the 8 to 10 I was told it would be so I am working on it when I can to update stuff so that it will work without issue.

They were complete and worked when released, from what I can see they all seem to have the same problem.

Talyn
September 25th, 2017, 14:41
I was on Hiatus due to new job for the last couple of years...

Aha! Welcome back! And now that you've posted, I do recall seeing your forum name. :) Aki and I were discussing the possibility of me adding a complete remaster to The Flood onto my queue yesterday but if you think you're able to get back into the swing of things, I'll happily leave you to it. :)

Mgrancey
September 28th, 2017, 04:04
Okay, went through a fresh copy of the Flood. Update(s) is probably 90% of problem. Once I re-dropped weapons onto character sheet, it started pulling their skill for the combat tracker. Won't be hard work, but will be somewhat time consuming to properly fix so, I will be fixing it but it will probably take awhile.

Mgrancey
October 1st, 2017, 17:04
Found easier fix; logging this in case anyone else needs to fix; Weapons now a couple of new tags. Important one concerning this problem is

<traittype type="string">(Melee/Ranged/Thrown)</traittype>

Ikael
October 2nd, 2017, 15:01
Next FG developer newsletter will inform about these matters