PDA

View Full Version : PF Player Effect Removal Extension

Nickademus
September 23rd, 2017, 07:46
This extension is compatible with FG 3.3.3.
PF Player Effect Removal Extension
Version: 2.0
Rulesets: 3.5E/PFRPG
With help from: Trenloe
Description: Via the use of a single effect tag REMOVE: this extension allows players to remove effects that have been applied by them to either their own PC or other creatures (friendly, neutral or hostile). If the player has applied the effect, they can remove that effect through the use of this extension. Included in this extension is the STACK: and MULTI: tags to allow multiples of the same effect to be applied for various purposes.

v2.0 Update Notes

This extension uses a new design to minimize conflicts with other extensions and increase its resilience against FG updates.
The STACK tag has been added to offer an easy way to count things in the CT.
The MULTI tag has been added to offer a way to stack identical modifier effects.

Modification Specifics
Modified:
campaign/scripts/spell_action_mini.lua

-- Remove Effect Tag --
How to Use
To remove an effect from yourself or another creature in the combat tracker, simply make an effect with the tag 'REMOVE: ' followed by the full name of the effect to be removed. For instance, to remove the 'Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6' effect, you would make an effect called 'REMOVE: Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6'. Then you just apply the removal effect to the target. A special button represents the removal effect and will appear once you have typed REMOVE. The effect is case sensitive so make sure the REMOVE: entry matches the effect application entry exactly - the best way to do this is to copy the effect line and paste into the REMOVE: entry.

NOTE: The creature with the effect must be targeted to remove it. If you are using effects with a target of "SELF" then the removal effect must also be set to "SELF".

How Does It Work
The removal tag searches the target for an effect with the name indicated after the 'REMOVE:' and removes it.

The following screenshots show examples of how this is setup in the charsheet Actions tab and how the chat display shows the removal of the effect.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14817&d=1469416632

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14819&d=1469416717

-- Stack Tag --
How to Use
For effects that you need to keep a count of, use the 'STACK:' tag. Applying the effect will add one to the stack rather than adding a new effect. This tag works with the REMOVE tag so you can remove one from the stack by using the 'REMOVE: STACK:' tag. See the example below for a stacking count of mirror images.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6255&d=1394739166

How Does It Work
When a stacking effect is sent to FG it looks for a preexisting stack to add it to. If there is none, it creates a stack of 1 effect. When a remove stack effect is sent to FG it looks for a stack of the indicated effect. If it finds one, the stack is decreased by 1 or the effect is removed if only one remained.

-- Multi Tag --
How to Use
For effects that you need to apply multiple times, use the 'MULTI:' tag. Applying the effect will add the effect preceded by a number and semicolon. (This causes FG to view it as a unique effect.) The MULTI tag is best used for effects that expend as soon as they are rolled, as the effects cannot be removed with the REMOVE tag.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20641&d=1506131522

How Does It Work
When a multi effect is sent to FG it looks for a preexisting multi effect. If there is none, it creates an effect with '1;'. If it finds a multi effect, it adds a new effect with a number one higher.

Gwaihir Scout
September 23rd, 2017, 22:00
My kineticist thanks you for the stack feature.

darrenan
September 23rd, 2017, 22:31
I hope you meant 3.3.2.

Nickademus
September 23rd, 2017, 23:21
I hope you meant 3.3.2.

Bah. Nobody reads instructions anyway. You're lucky I even remember which primary version we're on...

Threnode
September 23rd, 2017, 23:52
Thanks for the update, some of my players missed their remove buttons on their sheet working. Nice work! Kudos for the added functionality as well.

Erin Righ
September 25th, 2017, 10:38
You're lucky Nick can remember what primary day we are on.

Nickademus
September 25th, 2017, 17:43
I still struggle with the year. Apparently the bank doesn't want to use the Eberron calendar...

Carlos
September 25th, 2017, 17:58
I have an issue with the extension, and perhaps I've just got something configured wrong. When running a Pathfinder session the added effects default to "OFF" instead of "ON", is anyone else seeing that?

Erin Righ
September 25th, 2017, 18:25
I still struggle with the year. Apparently the bank doesn't want to use the Eberron calendar...

Neither does Realm Works, totally problematic for us Plane Jumpers

Bidmaron
September 25th, 2017, 21:07
Erin, I see you over there on those RW boards all the time. Looks like things are about to happen over there finally

Erin Righ
September 25th, 2017, 22:23
Lets hope! Things are starting to look good

Nickademus
September 25th, 2017, 22:35
I have an issue with the extension, and perhaps I've just got something configured wrong. When running a Pathfinder session the added effects default to "OFF" instead of "ON", is anyone else seeing that?

I'll be interested to see if anyone else is experiencing this (as I don't play Pathfinder). Do you or your GM run any other extensions that manipulate effects?

Carlos
October 18th, 2017, 05:55
I'm the DM. The only extensions I have in place are Keen, Enhanced Images, and Timer. None of them are really changing what is going on here as far as I can tell.

Also, I note that the initial text of the effect (the text shown as banner) still says it's version 1.1.5, even though I downloaded version 2.

I unpacked the extension and noticed that onInit() does indeed still show the old banner. Could you please update this to avoid user confusion? :-)

Nickademus
October 19th, 2017, 10:13
Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed it.

I'll try to move the announcement out of the code and into the definition at some point (if that is a CoreRPG thing and not a 5e-specific thing) so that I don't miss it in the future.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2017, 15:32
...if that is a CoreRPG thing and not a 5e-specific thing...
It is generic.

Blackfoot
November 1st, 2017, 14:31
The REMOVE: STACK: feature seems to remove the duration from the effect in addition to reducing the #

Nickademus
November 1st, 2017, 22:21
You are correct. It removes the old effect and adds a new one. The new one is generic and has no duration. I'll see if I can pass the duration along to preserve it.

steff
November 6th, 2017, 04:32
I hate to be daft, but where is the file? It says attached file.. is it in a link I can't find or ??

steff
November 6th, 2017, 04:36
nvm... i figured it out.

Nickademus
November 16th, 2017, 03:52
The REMOVE: STACK: feature seems to remove the duration from the effect in addition to reducing the #

Sorry for the delay in this. Been busy throwing together a last minute game. Fixed this; let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.

Carlos
November 16th, 2017, 15:52
Thanks for fixing this! This extension, along with Enhanced Images, are two fundamental extensions to FG2 that really make the game flow well at high levels and with experienced players. Thank you for continuing to support this extension. If you ever run out of time to keep supporting this, please reach out to me, we use this weekly and I'd keep supporting it for my own team.

Nickademus
November 17th, 2017, 00:13
I appreciate the offer. This version has a new design that requires almost no maintenance. I haven't heard any negative feedback about the code design so it appears to be working fine. Thus you should always have a working Remove extension.

xazil
March 15th, 2018, 14:16
I hope you don't mind but I edited your extension to allow the Starfinder ruleset to load it. Seems to work fine so far.

Nickademus
March 15th, 2018, 21:57
Good to hear.

Dragon_OfChaos
August 29th, 2018, 13:36
Just combined this and your 5e alteration, to try and get the Stack and Multi tags, and worked perfectly. Was wondering if there was a way to use the number of stacks as a modifier for an effect?

Example: Stacking bleed damage, each stack deals 1d6 bleed, so 2 stack 2d6, 4 = 4d6 etc

Also thanks for an awesome extension

Carlos
March 18th, 2020, 03:31
Stacking with AC:-2; doesn't seem to work correctly. Is this an issue with the parsing?

mmckee82
March 31st, 2020, 04:04
Is this EXT still available somewhere? I can't find a download link for the life of me.

superteddy57
March 31st, 2020, 07:41
It appears the extension is still available in the first post.

Kelrugem
March 31st, 2020, 07:46
Is this EXT still available somewhere? I can't find a download link for the life of me.

make sure that you have the full view of the forums and not the vBulletin thingy which sometimes is instead there for some reason (scroll down to the bottom of the forum page, there you can change somewhere to the full site :) )

BbyCrrt
May 13th, 2020, 12:03
Will this work with 3.3.10?

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2020, 12:10
Will this work with 3.3.10?

yes, for me it works, I do not see any reason against it for 3.3.10 :)

BbyCrrt
May 13th, 2020, 12:20
Yeah. I see its working on my 3.5 and PFRPG campaigns. but for some reason, its not showing up on the list of extensions for 5e?
Edit: I found it. awesome extension!

FracturedSolace
June 9th, 2020, 22:09
Is this extension going to be made compatible with pathfinder 2e ?

Cfloyd18
June 10th, 2020, 22:51
I am having problems with this. I created the "Rage" Effect (Rage;ADVCHK:strength;ADVSAV:strength;DMG:2, melee;RESIST:bludgeoning,slashing,piercing), but when I add "REMOVE: Rage;ADVCHK:strength;ADVSAV:strength;DMG:2, melee;RESIST:bludgeoning,slashing,piercing" ... it doesn't cross it out and actually adds to the Damage output.. What am I missing here?

**EDIT**
I completely miss read the point of the extension file. It helps downloading it, and then activating it before I start the game. It works now.

ThingsCouldGetDicey
July 11th, 2020, 16:32
will this work with FGU?

mozmonar
July 29th, 2020, 01:40
While discussing the MULTI: feature in another thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55320-Noob-Question-about-Temporary-Ability-Damage&p=530219&viewfull=1#post530219) concerning using it in conjunction with Kel's Save versus tags extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions), specifically using it with randomized ability damage it was discovered that this extension doesn't seem to parse hard brackets [ ]. For instance say you were trying to create an effect for a shadow's attack. The shadow's touch deals 1d6 points of Strength damage. MULTI: STR: [-1d6] doesn't allow Kel's extension to replace the die roll with a fixed result instead adding the effect '1; STR: [-1d6]' and not allowing instances of the effect either.

Kelrugem
July 29th, 2020, 01:55
While discussing the MULTI: feature in another thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55320-Noob-Question-about-Temporary-Ability-Damage&p=530219&viewfull=1#post530219) concerning using it in conjunction with Kel's Save versus tags extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions), specifically using it with randomized ability damage it was discovered that this extension doesn't seem to parse hard brackets [ ]. For instance say you were trying to create an effect for a shadow's attack. The shadow's touch deals 1d6 points of Strength damage. MULTI: STR: [-1d6] doesn't allow Kel's extension to replace the die roll with a fixed result instead adding the effect '1; STR: [-1d6]' and not allowing instances of the effect either.

To clarify a bit: It is not related to an incompatibility with my extension :) MULTI: STR: [-DEX] etc. would also not parse correctly :) Not sure whether this is intended :)

wakhere
September 21st, 2020, 12:49
i can see a paperclip. but it is not a link. can find no way to get to the actual extension. XML or whatever.

bmos
September 21st, 2020, 12:56
i can see a paperclip. but it is not a link. can find no way to get to the actual extension. XML or whatever.

Just under the paperclip it should say "PF Remove Effect Tag.ext"
Just click on these words and it should download.

Downloads are locked until you have made 5 posts, perhaps that is why as I see you have 7 now?
EDIT: maybe I'm wrong about that last bit, hmm.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2020, 13:19
I'm not aware of downloads being locked for new users.

Attachments don't appear if you're in Mobile mode - change the site view to full.

wakhere
September 22nd, 2020, 22:54
sorry. what or where is the site view. ? I'm on google chrome.
what I see is....

"How Does It Work
When a multi effect is sent to FG it looks for a preexisting multi effect. If there is none, it creates an effect with '1;'. If it finds a multi effect, it adds a new effect with a number one higher.
Attached Files
Last edited by Nickademus; November 16th, 2017 at 03:51.
I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.
Multi-Quote This Message "

Kelrugem
September 22nd, 2020, 23:00
sorry. what or where is the site view. ? I'm on google chrome.
what I see is....

"How Does It Work
Attached Files
Last edited by Nickademus; November 16th, 2017 at 03:51.
I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.
Multi-Quote This Message "

When the forum looks just blue and white to you (vBulletin style), then you need to scroll down, click on "Full-site" :) Then you should see how the forum normally looks like :)

wakhere
October 30th, 2020, 22:56
i tried to use Stack/remove on a poison effect for an NPC: a spider...
the stack works; but the remove does not. i recoded the effect from a player character and it works
the remove works on normal non stacked effects... ie EFFECT:fred
REMOVE:fred works fine....its just the stack it fails to recognise.

wakhere
November 15th, 2020, 01:25
the stack works; but the remove does not. i recoded the effect from a player character and it works

i have had reply to this query so I repeated it......i cannot get the remove stack effect to work for NPC"s.....

bmos
November 15th, 2020, 02:41

i have had reply to this query so I repeated it......i cannot get the remove stack effect to work for NPC"s.....Pretty sure you can't combine those two, but I might be wrong.
EDIT: I am wrong, it is supposed to work that way.

Maybe this?:

NOTE: The creature with the effect must be targeted to remove it. If you are using effects with a target of "SELF" then the removal effect must also be set to "SELF".

wakhere
November 15th, 2020, 15:35
i ran these commands

STACK:charges
Effect ['16 charges'] -> [to Spacesuit]

REMOVE:STACK:charges
Effect ['STACK:charges'] -> [Not found on Spacesuit]

and those were the results. this used to work when I hung the effects on the character that is wearing the space suit. but I also wanted to tracks hits points and auto repair on the suit so I converted the suit to an npc. in the tracker but not on the map......moved the effects over to the npc as spells.
and as you can see it doesn't work.....
I'm not sure why. both effects are listed as target SELF.

i tried mirror images which works correctly. but if you run the remove effect it fails with the not found message.
but all the mirror images process works fine. it is just the NPC stack remove that fails to find.

bmos
November 15th, 2020, 15:37
disregard, wrong info

Kelrugem
November 15th, 2020, 15:48
i ran these commands

STACK:charges
Effect ['16 charges'] -> [to Spacesuit]

REMOVE:STACK:charges
Effect ['STACK:charges'] -> [Not found on Spacesuit]

and those were the results. this used to work when I hung the effects on the character that is wearing the space suit. but I also wanted to tracks hits points and auto repair on the suit so I converted the suit to an npc. in the tracker but not on the map......moved the effects over to the npc as spells.
and as you can see it doesn't work.....
I'm not sure why. both effects are listed as target SELF.

i tried mirror images which works correctly. but if you run the remove effect it fails with the not found message.
but all the mirror images process works fine. it is just the NPC stack remove that fails to find.

I just tried with an NPC and it worked :) Do you run any other extensions? And are you using the NPC actions from the CT (do not use the actions from the library, use the sheet linked in the CT)? :)

wakhere
November 17th, 2020, 00:04
im setting up these effects as spells for the NPC.
i do not know how to run spells from the CT. I'm using most of the mainline extensions.
IFTAG encumbrance this extension. and stack remove keen.

you say it works for you. but how do you run spells from CT
except to use the sheet linked from the CT. isn't that how NPC work. ?

Kelrugem
November 17th, 2020, 00:30
im setting up these effects as spells for the NPC.
i do not know how to run spells from the CT. I'm using most of the mainline extensions.
IFTAG encumbrance this extension. and stack remove keen.

you say it works for you. but how do you run spells from CT
except to use the sheet linked from the CT. isn't that how NPC work. ?

Yes, I just meant the sheet from the CT :) I am asking that, because some people may still accidentally use the sheet from the library (which is a different entity, the sheets in the CT are copies from the library) :) When you would use the sheet from the library, then it may explain that error :) (if you want, you could once try it out just with the remove effect extension)

owyn999
October 28th, 2021, 17:12
Hello question(s):

1) Does this extension play well with Starfinder?
2) If no, Is there one for Starfinder?
3) If yes, link pls

kevininrussia
December 15th, 2021, 20:10
I'm getting this error with the new FGU build released today.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/remove_effect_tag.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'registerLaunchMessage' (a nil value)

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 20:12
Here is a version that works:

Longer term, is there anyone who owns this extension at the moment? I have an extension that depends on this one, and I would be perfectly happy taking over maintenance of this one and moving it to the forge.

srbongo
December 16th, 2021, 20:28

Longer term, is there anyone who owns this extension at the moment? I have an extension that depends on this one, and I would be perfectly happy taking over maintenance of this one and moving it to the forge.

Thanks for providing this - Nikadermus hasn't posted in about a year on the forums. I don't know the SOP for taking over extensions, but I might try to find them on Discord - I for one would rest a lot easier knowing Mirror Images was safe with this ext being updated. :p

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 20:43
I sent him a message on discord. I'll update this thread if/when I hear back.

bmos
December 16th, 2021, 20:49
Thanks for providing this - Nikadermus hasn't posted in about a year on the forums. I don't know the SOP for taking over extensions, but I might try to find them on Discord - I for one would rest a lot easier knowing Mirror Images was safe with this ext being updated. :pThis is why the Forge needs the ability of tranfer extension ownership :|
It's going to get messy eventually.

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 21:03
I have received his approval and I am beginning the process of moving it. There will be a new forum thread associated with it as well.

darrenan
December 16th, 2021, 21:05
I didn't notice that the previous thread was in the D&D 3.5 forum, and I unfortunately created the new thread under PF1: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71704-PF-Effect-Removal-Extension

Jip
January 7th, 2022, 03:09

Just taking a moment to thank you Darrenan for fixing this one. I logged in after more than a month away, found the CORE update, found I had an error, narrowed it down to this EXT. And, as always, some smart, nice person on these boards has already identified and fixed my issue. The FG community rocks!

Atracious
September 9th, 2022, 19:46
Is there a way to use STACK with effects like (DMG: +1)? I'm trying to make a stacking effect for hammer the gap feat...