PDA

View Full Version : 5e Templates listing wrong information

shinjox
September 23rd, 2017, 01:12
I updated today, and now the magic item templates display the wrong information.
When the item is a weapon template, it displays armor content, while armor templates display weapon content.
For instance, if I create a new template, and in the Type I have Weapon, it displays AC Base, Dex Bonus, Strength, and Stealth.
If the type is Armor, then it only displays Damage.
This occurs even on a fresh campaign.

Bidmaron
September 23rd, 2017, 02:28
Hey, shinjox, welcome to the community! I am sure MW or someone will be along soon to diagnose the issue.

LordEntrails
September 23rd, 2017, 02:33
Hey shinjox, welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I've tried to reproduce the error, but for me it seems to be working ok.(see images) Can you let us know the steps to reproduce and maybe include some screen shots? Also, are you using any extensions and which modules are you trying to use?

shinjox
September 23rd, 2017, 07:46
Updated to 3.3.2 today btw.
Crated a completely new campaign, have no modules or anything loaded, it is completely bare.
Items > Templates > Create Item
Before doing anything, it lists Bonus, Damage, AC base, Dex Bonus, Strength, Stealth and Properties under the second line.
Lets name it flaming weapon, and give it the weapon type.
As soon as I make it weapon type, it lists only AC Base, Dex Bonus, Strength and Stealth - these are armor qualities, not weapon qualities.
After loading in the SRD info, and copying the Armor of Resistance over, so it can be edited. It lists a field for damage, but nothing for armor, even though it is set Armor type.
EDIT: I added the following links, that show what my program is showing.
I have a double monitor set up so it too a cap of both. But you should be able to read the info by zooming.
https://imgur.com/a/IaD8N

Zacchaeus
September 23rd, 2017, 11:23
Thanks shinjox I can reproduce this. I'll see that it is reported.

And welcome to FG.