PDA

View Full Version : 3.3.2 CT formatting

Eru the One
September 22nd, 2017, 18:08
I noticed that NPCs and PCs have some weird formatting issues which I'm guessing have to do with the PC effect removal. I'm only seeing it on the 5e CT, Pathfinder does not have this issue (that I see).
I'm testing using no extensions and new campaigns.

LordEntrails
September 22nd, 2017, 21:07
What's weird about that?

PCs and NPCs in 5E have different fields and formatting, but I don't think that is new to 3.3.2 is it? Or is there something in your image I'm not seeing?

Calisto
September 22nd, 2017, 21:16
Oh I think I see what you mean, I had to look twice but notice that the text (traits, actions) is floating past the box that holds this data. Looks like a minor formatting issue. Not sure if this was the case prior to this update.

As an aside I did just notice the "react." checkbox, nice little feature to track when reactions are used (say with an Opportunity Attack or Counterspell).

LordEntrails
September 22nd, 2017, 21:40
Oh, that effects list is to the left of the vertical alignment of the other items. Yea, I get that, but I think it's been that way for awhile.?.?

It's a little strange, but not sure it really affects playability/usability does it? Probably should be fixed or re-considered though.

Nickademus
September 22nd, 2017, 22:04
This is because of the anchoring. As you can see in the code template below, the frame of the sub group's left side is anchored to the control called "name" and then offset 10 pixels. Looking at the Combat Tracker, the NPC entries have the visibility icon in front of the name field causing it to be further to the right than the PC entries. In both cases, though, the sub group frame starts 10 pixels to the right of the beginning of the name field. Might be best to put a spacer control in the PC entries to push the name over to be in line with the NPC entries.

<template name="frame_ctsub">
<genericcontrol>
<anchored>
<left parent="name" offset="10" />
<top offset="-8" />
<right offset="-4" />
<bottom offset="8" />
</anchored>
<frame name="ct_subgroupbox" />
<disabled />
</genericcontrol>
</template>