PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands, arcane backgrounds and Grit

David D.
September 22nd, 2017, 15:18
Hi all,

I'm new to both Savage worlds and Fantasy grounds so i may have jumped in the deep end here, as its taking a while to figure out fantasy Grounds on top of a new system.
Luckily there's some good tutorials out there.

I've run into something weird that i haven't been able to google myself an answer to.
When i load up a Deadlands campaign without Arcane backgrounds loaded, the Character Sheets are missing Grit!
When i load the Campaign with Arcane Backgrounds, i get more backgrounds to chose from like Hexslinger, but Grit is missing from the character sheets.

Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

David

Mortar
September 22nd, 2017, 15:36
Are you running the Deadlands Reloaded extension running? It's generally considered a setting rule in Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition so you will things like Grit!, Sanity, Strain in the extensions that come with SW setting modules when necessary.

David D.
September 22nd, 2017, 15:46
Yeah i have 2 Extensions i can run.
Deadlands Reloaded and Deadlands Reloaded - Arcane Backgrounds.
Everytime i run the Arcane Backgrounds one it removes Grit:(
I've tried only running Arcane backgrounds to see if the 2 were messing with each other but it didn't help. The only time i can get grit to show is when i dont run the arcane backgrounds extension... but then i dont get all the extra backgrounds:/

Mortar
September 22nd, 2017, 19:38
Where did you get the Arcane Backgrounds extension from? Fresh Deadlands campaign, only the Deadlands Reloaded extension loaded, the Arcane Backgrounds are there for me.

Ikael
September 22nd, 2017, 19:59
Hi all,

I'm new to both Savage worlds and Fantasy grounds so i may have jumped in the deep end here, as its taking a while to figure out fantasy Grounds on top of a new system.
Luckily there's some good tutorials out there.

I've run into something weird that i haven't been able to google myself an answer to.
When i load up a Deadlands campaign without Arcane backgrounds loaded, the Character Sheets are missing Grit!
When i load the Campaign with Arcane Backgrounds, i get more backgrounds to chose from like Hexslinger, but Grit is missing from the character sheets.

Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

David

Can you use /version command in FG and post screenshot of the result here. What is the "Arcane Backgrounds" extension you are referring to? It must be community extension?

David D.
September 22nd, 2017, 20:32
I bought the whole Deadlands bundle so it must of been in there somewhere. I also get the Arcane backgrounds you do. But when activating the extension you get a lot more.

David D.
September 22nd, 2017, 20:33
The bundle only had official extensions i think

Mortar
September 22nd, 2017, 20:46
Hmmm..I think it comes with Knights with No Armor (1 of 2) I just bought through the FG store to get the extension to appear. Its encrypted in the Vault, so it looks like an extension incompatibility issue Ikael.

David D.
September 22nd, 2017, 20:52
Thanks for all the help. I'll leave that alone for a while then:)

Ikael
September 23rd, 2017, 17:14
Hmmm..I think it comes with Knights with No Armor (1 of 2) I just bought through the FG store to get the extension to appear. Its encrypted in the Vault, so it looks like an extension incompatibility issue Ikael.

I have submitted fix regarding this one. SmiteWorks is processing it soonish.

Doswelk
September 23rd, 2017, 21:15
Yep it seems I broke it, sorry....

lokiare
September 23rd, 2017, 21:44
I have submitted fix regarding this one. SmiteWorks is processing it soonish.

This has been updated in the LIVE version. Let us know if any bugs persist.

Mortar
September 23rd, 2017, 21:57
Yep it seems I broke it, sorry....

Bad Doswelk...bad!

David D.
September 24th, 2017, 07:50
That was fast. Update fixed it. Thanks:)