PDA

View Full Version : Install stopping at installing fantasygrounds.exe

Odin0111
September 21st, 2017, 23:51
I've attempted to install the program numerous times, but it stops at the above mentioned. It also causes me to lose connection to internet. I've attempted to turn off my windows firewall, and temporarily disabled AVG. Nothing is working. I can install it on my laptop with windows 8, but not my desktop with windows 10.

ddavison
September 21st, 2017, 23:57
It sounds like it might be an issue with the A/V. I've seen cases where disabling the A/V after it thinks there is a problem doesn't actually fix the problem. Instead, you need to keep it enabled and then "approve" or whitelist the application or folder. You can also try deleting the FantasyGrounds.exe file and then manually run the FGUpdaterEngine.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\

Odin0111
September 22nd, 2017, 00:32
AVG was the issue. Thank you!

Nylanfs
September 22nd, 2017, 02:23
Also welcome to the forums and FG community!

Tryven
March 6th, 2018, 21:49
I to cannot get the install to work It keeps stopping and giving me the message.... Fantasygroundsupdater.exe has stopped working..... Im on windows 10 clean install, this is the first thing I've tried to install after windows 10. I'm on administrator and have tried turning off the windows firewall and all the windows defender settings, I've tried the web installer and steam installer to no avail always the same messege. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2018, 21:58
Hi Tryven.

I suspect either your antivirus software or Windows defender. Turning either off might not be enough (you should not turn them off anyway but rather fix the issue). Check that either of them have not already quarantined Fantasy Grounds and create a rule to allow FG to communicate with the web. Also you should not need more that one firewall; usually good AV software automatically uses its own Firewall and switches off Windows Defender.

Tryven
March 6th, 2018, 22:01
Hi Tryven.

I suspect either your antivirus software or Windows defender. Turning either off might not be enough (you should not turn them off anyway but rather fix the issue). Check that either of them have not already quarantined Fantasy Grounds and create a rule to allow FG to communicate with the web. Also you should not need more that one firewall; usually good AV software automatically uses its own Firewall and switches off Windows Defender.

I have no av software installed at all. I've tried both making exceptions and turning off all windows defender also see no quarantine either. Just not sure what else it could be at this point.

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2018, 22:16
Where are you trying to install FG, particularly the data folder? Also after creating a rule in Windows Defender reboot your computer to make sure your rule is set.