PDA

View Full Version : Custom Calendar Help

Hallanger
September 21st, 2017, 15:12
Is there anyone willing to put together a custom calendar for me and then explain to me how to plug it into FG? I have all of the information as far as the dates/holidays/etc are concerned, I am just ignorant as to how to make a custom calendar in FG.

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2017, 15:59
Welcome Hallanger,

I don't know how to do calendar's myself, but from experience if you post the details of your calendar (week details, days per month, etc) and it's not too hard, then there are several different members who may just create and post it for you in a day or less.

No guarantees, but if you post the info, then it's more likely to happen :)

Hallanger
September 21st, 2017, 16:31
Thanks for the heads up, LordEntrails!

Weekdays: Anorad (Sunday); Ithilrad (Monday); Baudhrad (Tuesday); Ayebarad (Wednesday); Iretirad/Naugarad (Thursday); Ertharad (Friday); Lantarad (Saturday)

Months and their Holidays:
Month 1-Helchfen
1st - New Year’s Day
21st - King’s Day

Month 2-Onnadell (Rebirth)
14th to 17th - Merriment

Month 3-Herauthad
1st - Day of Contest
1st to 5th - Spring Festival
22nd - Day of the Warrior

Month 4-Melgwend (Loversbond)
5th to 11th - Week of our Mothers

Month 5-Farothim
1st to 7th - Week of our Fathers

Month 6-Orthanor
1st to 5th - Summer Festival

Month 7-Thavronglir
14th - Midyear’s Day

Month 8-Gwahurog
1st - First Gathering
24th - Vekterning

Month 9-Nedruinor
1st to 5th - Autumn Festival
24th - Queen’s Day

Month 10-Paenuinor
1st - Day of Peace
15th to 21st - Week of the Dead

Month 11-Minuinor
14th - Day of Charity/Day of the Young

Month 12-Rahathnor
1st to 5th - Winter Festival
28th - Eldersday

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2017, 17:14
How many days in a each month? ARe they all the same or? Any leap days/years?

Hallanger
September 21st, 2017, 17:17
Hahah! Thanks again, LordEntrails.

There are 28 days in each month, no leap year.

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2017, 17:31
:)
If you get ambitious, I did find this post that talks about how to make a custom calendar; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20942-Question-on-Calendars&p=173603&viewfull=1#post173603

There is an example of a custom calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39435-Help-with-making-a-custom-Calendar-ext-for-Critical-Role-quot-Tal-dorei-campaign-guide-quot) and here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39621-Primeval-Thule-Calendar).

Hallanger
September 21st, 2017, 17:33
I appreciate it, man. I'm old, five kids under the age of 11, and some brain abnormalities, so learning new things is more of a task than I am capable of taking on.

Thanks again for all of your help, though!

Andraax
September 22nd, 2017, 13:47
Hahah! Thanks again, LordEntrails.

There are 28 days in each month, no leap year.

Since this is true, there is no need for any external functions. I'll get this setup for you shortly since it's just a quick module.

Andraax
September 22nd, 2017, 15:44
Do you have a world name or something that I can name this?

Hallanger
September 23rd, 2017, 07:34
Man, you guys are fast.. Thanks again for all the help.

Western Laegardh

Andraax
September 23rd, 2017, 15:32
Here you go. File goes into your modules folder.

If you already have a calendar open, close it first (bring up the calendar window, right click, select Reset).
Open module.
Calendar should now be selectable in the calendar window.
You can close the module after selecting the calendar.

Hallanger
September 25th, 2017, 17:29
Thanks, Andraax!

P.S.
Twin Cities native, so we're basically family. Lol

wmsmitty
November 22nd, 2017, 00:23
Hey all, I am attempting to write a custom calendar module. I basically followed these steps:

1) Looked in my modules folder for calendars.mod
2) Unzipped that to a new folder using a zip tool
3) Created a new db.xml using the one in the calendars mod as a template.
4) Created my own definition.xml file; again using the file under the calendars module as a template
5) Compressed files into a zip and then renamed the extension to .mod
6) Saved the new module and placed it in the modules folder

The issue is, when I start up FG to look for the new module, it doesn't load. The db.xml is good and uses the gregorian calculation; the definition file is basically the same with the exception of removing SmiteWorks and replaced with my name as the author. Andy ideas?

Edit Note Follow Up:
I've made an interesting discovery. It may have to day with converting the files back into a zip file and then renamed to .mod. For example; if I take a working calendar module and simply extract the files and then attempt to archive them into a zip file and rename to .mod, the file does not get picked up by FG. Even though I made no edits to the files. So, it appears that the process I'm using is not working correctly. Suggestions?

damned
November 22nd, 2017, 00:40
make sure you dont have foles called calendar.mod.zip (eg its still a zip)
make sure that the content inside the zip/mod is not inside anther folder. db.xml cannot be in a folder.

Zacchaeus
November 22nd, 2017, 01:20
When you zip only zip the contents of your folder, not the folder itself. So select all the files in the folder right click and sent to zip file. This will create the zip file which is the one you want to change into the mod.

wmsmitty
November 22nd, 2017, 01:40
make sure you dont have foles called calendar.mod.zip (eg its still a zip)
make sure that the content inside the zip/mod is not inside anther folder. db.xml cannot be in a folder.

That's it!! I had the files within a folder and then zipped them. So, selected the 3 files and zipped them up and it worked! Thanks so much!! :)

Bidmaron
November 22nd, 2017, 03:59
We have all made the same mistake. Sometimes more than once.