PDA

View Full Version : 3.3.2 Questions

Topdecker
September 21st, 2017, 04:11
So tonight I downloaded the update and used it...

The combat tracker wasn't the same. I could not find the 'add all players' or the 'add allies' option and ended up just dragging and dropping them in. I also wasn't sure about how to close the tracker - it appeared to auto-share which works for me.

I saw the MENU button and using it did not reveal the things mentioned.

Anyhow, is there some trick that I am missing or is this just the new model?

Thanks!

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 06:25
The combat tracker wasn't the same. I could not find the 'add all players' or the 'add allies' option and ended up just dragging and dropping them in.
#1 - Standard Savage Worlds - Combat Tracker "Menu" -> "Add to tracker" (South radial menu option).

I also wasn't sure about how to close the tracker.
Right-click menu or Click the X (#2 in the screenshot).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20604

Topdecker
September 21st, 2017, 12:29
I went back and played with it and got it all sorted out. There is a certain intimidation factor to messing around with the tracker in a live game - I've been burned before :).

It is unclear to me - does closing the tracker on the GM-side also close it for the players?

Tim

Zacchaeus
September 21st, 2017, 12:42
No, the players CT is independent of whether the DM has it open or not.

Ikael
September 21st, 2017, 14:30
No, the players CT is independent of whether the DM has it open or not.

Not quite true,

it depends. If you have set option "Minitracker: Host controls" to On then you as host must manually share the tracker to players (they cannot access it themselves) and when you close the tracker, it will be close it from players as well. This feature exists only in SavageWorlds ruleset.

The default option is Off to mimic CoreRPG way.

Topdecker
September 21st, 2017, 16:35
BTW, I will also mention that during last night's session, we had 3 or 4 player disconnects that were entirely unrelated to FG (3 were due to Microsoft forced upgrades). When they reconnected, there was zero problems with the combat tracker. This has not been the case in the past; all in all, the combat tracker seemed much more robust and capable of handling difficult connectivity situations while the client/host endured some lengthy disconnects without any signs of problems.