PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Image pins showing up for players

Tekkra
September 21st, 2017, 04:08
Huzzah! Its fixed =)

Since the latest patch here I have now found out if I place a map pin, or move it anywhere on an image, (Any type, story, quest, npc, etc) then it will show up on the players map. If I unshare the map, and then share it again they go away....but sometimes a player moves on top of a pin (because they don't know its there) and I might move it so I can click on it.

The players can't click on the pin, but it visually shows up.

This is horrific right now.....anyone else having this issue?

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2017, 18:36
I'm not seeing this on my machine.

* Can you walk me through the steps you took when you saw this?
* Was the map shared before or after the players connected?
* Was the pin added before or after the players connected?
* Was the pin added before or after the map was shared?
* Are any pins on the map marked as "shareable" (i.e. green pin)?

Thanks,
JPG

Tekkra
September 21st, 2017, 23:13
In summary - any pin placed or moved while players are connected to the game with a shared map will then show up as red map pins (they cannot interact with them)

I am using the stand alone version (not the steam one)

None of the pins are green, however if I make it shareable - and then not again - the red pin will go away
If I make private and share the map again - they will go away
Anything moved or placed on the map will show up again (even the same ones)

1. Preloaded or not - open it for the players (nothing shows up as it should not)
2. I can click on interact with or do nothing first (as long as its not move) - the players still can not see them
3. Move a current pin to a new location or drag a new pin to the map - it will show up as a red pin for players
- The pin will show up in grayed out areas, or explored areas of the map
4. Players can not click on the link - it throws an error (Unable to create window with data source (encounter : encounter.id-00503))

I tried it with more than one campaign - and it does it with all of them

So to answer your questions

* Can you walk me through the steps you took when you saw this? - I hope that gives you some info above
* Was the map shared before or after the players connected? - tried both ways, will still happen
* Was the pin added before or after the players connected? - Any pins before will not show up (unless moved)
* Was the pin added before or after the map was shared? - makes no difference
* Are any pins on the map marked as "shareable" (i.e. green pin)? - no, even tried to toggle it

Hope that is clear as mud....let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

LordEntrails
September 21st, 2017, 23:29
Are you using any extensions? Does it repeat with all extensions disabled?

Threnode
September 21st, 2017, 23:47
I'm having the same issue. Map pins that aren't shared show up to players when created and added to map, or when existing ones are moved. Masked or unmasked areas makes no difference. Also have heard that moving circle pointers over them has made them pop up as well. I believe it has only been when it's a pointer made by myself as the GM that has triggered the pins to appear. they give no hover over info and don't open when a player clicks them so could be worse. sharing and unsharing the pin makes it disappear again.

Threnode
September 21st, 2017, 23:52
Started brand new campaign with pathfinder as system, loaded no extensions, made new map and new story pin. Once I moved the pin it showed up on player view.

Andraax
September 22nd, 2017, 13:57
In a game I played in last night, several players saw a pin on the map, and the rest did not. This may give you some more information (but probably not...)

Zacchaeus
September 22nd, 2017, 18:08
Moon Wizard I can reproduce this. Steps to recreate.

1. New campaign, join via localhost
2. Open any map and share with the player(s)
3. Drop an NPC on the map which creates a pin. Players don't see the pin
4. Move the pin on the DM view
5. Pin pops up on the player map and can be interacted with.

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2017, 22:56
Awesome, thanks everyone. I'll be taking a look at this issue over the weekend, and slate it for a quick patch I'm working on in the next week or so.

Regards,
JPG

Tekkra
October 5th, 2017, 02:41
It seems to be fixed now with the latest patch. Thanks.