PDA

View Full Version : 3.3.2 / 5E - Concentration is always rolled by DM

edem
September 20th, 2017, 21:44
Hi,

Apparently the automatic Concentration checks are always rolled by the DM - if you turn on the Manual Dice Rolls, Concentration checks are always triggered for the DM, never for the player.

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2017, 21:54
The players need to turn on the manual dice roller if they want to do manual dice rolling.

edem
September 21st, 2017, 06:36
The players need to turn on the manual dice roller if they want to do manual dice rolling.

I had one player join my table, both the player and I turned on manual dice rolling. The player used a concentration skill, I dealt damage to the player, the dice roller popped up for the DM and not the player.

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2017, 19:50
There are a few automatic rolls which are triggered by the GM client specifically due to limits in how the features were built (automatic concentration checks, automatic death saves, ...) and because the GM client needs to be the one applying the triggers (only GM client can apply damage to any target, only GM client can change whose turn it is, etc.). For these automatic rolls, there is no mechanism currently to request manual rolls.

Regards,
JPG

edem
September 21st, 2017, 20:16
There are a few automatic rolls which are triggered by the GM client specifically due to limits in how the features were built (automatic concentration checks, automatic death saves, ...) and because the GM client needs to be the one applying the triggers (only GM client can apply damage to any target, only GM client can change whose turn it is, etc.). For these automatic rolls, there is no mechanism currently to request manual rolls.

Regards,
JPG

Ah, fair enough. Is there a list of these somewhere?

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2017, 22:47
I did a quick scan of the 5E code, and these were the only ones I noted:

* Any party sheet group rolls
* Automatic death saving throws
* Automatic concentration rolls

Cheers,
JPG

edem
September 22nd, 2017, 06:32
I did a quick scan of the 5E code, and these were the only ones I noted:

* Any party sheet group rolls
* Automatic death saving throws
* Automatic concentration rolls

Cheers,
JPG

The first one makes sense, cause they are "tower rolls" (which, as far as I tested, are also can't be manually rolled by the players, and that's actually good), but good to know about the death saves...