PDA

View Full Version : 40k Multiset Ruleset

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Paul Pratt
September 12th, 2018, 17:57
If a player has trouble targeting, remove the player from the CT and then the player's token from the map. Add them back, first place the player in the CT and then drag the token from the CT to the map. It may be that player's token wasn't linked to the CT.

Carter77
September 13th, 2018, 08:20
If a player has trouble targeting, remove the player from the CT and then then player's token from the map. Add them back, first place the player in the CT and then drag the token from the CT to the map. It may be that player's token wasn't linked to the CT.

OK thank you Paul

Trenloe
September 15th, 2018, 22:39
For those that use Enhanced Images, here is a version that works for the 40k ruleset.

If this stops working let me know by posting here.
That is based on an older version of the Enhanced images extension. I'd recommend basing any changes on the most recent version.

Paul Pratt
September 16th, 2018, 03:45
Thanks for the heads up Trenloe. I will look at the latest.

Skrain
October 2nd, 2018, 12:09
Hey Paul, would it be possible to increase the Wounds, and Structural Integrity limit past 100? Some vehicles like the Baneblade have more than 100, and its useful for Hoards/Formations too.

spite
October 2nd, 2018, 21:38
A small workaround Skrain, you can type in only to 100, but you can hold CTRL+Scroll up on the value to increase it above the 100 mark. I had to do this for Baneblades myself as well.

Paul Pratt
October 3rd, 2018, 04:34
How much past 100 is needed?

spite
October 3rd, 2018, 07:21
I can't find anything in the books (albeit a brief look) higher than 150, but that's assuming no homebrew goes higher (such as homebrewing in Titans etc) Perhaps 200? All this will likely break the UI somewhat however so I'm not sure what ya want to do Paul

Paul Pratt
October 4th, 2018, 02:15
Well, 200 I may be able to do. I will look into this more over the weekend, see if I can get something working.

Transmission89
October 11th, 2018, 20:33
Hi all, new to Fantasy Grounds and have been going through tutorials. I've discovered this fantastic rules set and have already created my Advanced skills for DW. What file do I need to edit to overwrite the blank descriptions of the basic skills that auto populate the character sheet? I opened up the PAK and can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

Also, what is the Missions tab for?
Many thanks for producing this!

Paul Pratt
October 12th, 2018, 05:48
Transmission89,
You won't be able to add the descriptions by editing anything in the .pak. You can use the skills library and create the basic skills as you did the advanced skills. Once completed you can drop the links from the skills library onto the basic skill list. I don't have the description active in the built in basic skills due to copyright issues.

The missions library is for building "quests" and having the experience points they are worth generated ahead of time. Once a mission is started, drop the mission into the Party Sheet, you can award the xp directly to the PC's from there once they complete it.

Transmission89
October 12th, 2018, 09:33
Brilliant. Thank you very much! Does that mean then if a player wanted to create a new character, they would need to delete the basic skills that auto populate the char sheet and put in my basic skills to replace them or can I get my basic skills to replace the auto populated basic skills automatically?

As an aside, I watched both your videos and noticed they are from last year. Do you plan on making anymore? I’d love to see one just where you show making a quick career, home world, weapon, armour piece just to ensure I’m doing it right. I realise you have a life outside this so it’s fine if not, it’s just you mention in the vids you will be making additional ones.
Many thanks for your help and the rules set again :)

Paul Pratt
October 12th, 2018, 15:42
Transmission89,
No need to replace the basic skills that are auto populated at PC creation. Just have the player drag the shortcut links from your skills library to the corresponding link on the character sheet. This will allow them to view the skills you have made. Dodge would still be dodge, it would simply use your link and description. This also allows you to build custom skills that can be dropped onto the character sheet skill list.

I had planned on making another video, I never really had any feed back on what was needed in future videos so I stopped at two. Perhaps a "library" video would be worth doing. I will look into doing one.

Transmission89
October 12th, 2018, 17:18
Thank you very much. I’d definitely love a library video to quickly cover those elements I mentioned. As I’ve said, I’m a bit of a fantasy grounds newb and trying to absorb all the tutorials and things I can but setting up customs rule set stuff is a bit different to those others, though your existing videos and documents helped greatly!

Also, how do I ensure things like my created talent "Crushing Blow" hooks into your pre made "Crushing Blow" rules for the system?

Transmission89
October 18th, 2018, 17:11
Also Also. I may be being really stupid here, but I'm trying to create Pre Gen characters to run a session and I can't enter stats. When I click on the Characteristics, I'm not given the option to enter a number and double clicking results in a roll. Right clicking doesn't result in a relevant context either. Am I missing something really obvious?

Valyar
October 18th, 2018, 18:41
The characteristics have to be entered into the XP tab. There you also set the Universal Characteristic and any other modifiers that you want to apply such as advance.

Transmission89
October 18th, 2018, 20:08
Oh god yes! And I watched the video too! :(. Also, is there an answer to the question above that dumb one?

Paul Pratt
October 19th, 2018, 02:27
If you made a custom Crushing Blow talent that works different that the ruleset version, then you would have to edit the actual coding of the ruleset. Otherwise, just create a modifier for the effect your custom talent has and use it as needed.

Einheri
November 9th, 2018, 16:26
Hi, I'm having the same problems with the players being unable to create a PC as they get these "anchored static height" errors. Any solution for it? Combat tracker is empty (new game).

Valyar
November 9th, 2018, 20:41
Hi, I'm having the same problems with the players being unable to create a PC as they get these "anchored static height" errors. Any solution for it? Combat tracker is empty (new game).
Do you have the latest version of Fantasy Grounds and the ruleset?

Paul Pratt
November 10th, 2018, 05:49
Einheri,

Who else is having the problems? Can I get a screen shot? If your Fantasy Grounds, or your players are using a Fantasy Grounds install that is not updated to the current release, then there will be an error when opening the window to create a new character.

Einheri
November 10th, 2018, 08:08
Yes, of course. Downloaded it yesterday again, as I had download it first a couple of months ago, though never ended up playing with it.

Valyar
November 17th, 2018, 22:41
Paul, any new updates that you are planning for this ruleset?
I wonde, if you can include the resizable inventory and other “pop-up” sheets like the combat one in the default configuration :)

spite
November 19th, 2018, 21:05
Hey Paul, something I've come across that's made life pretty difficult is that tooltip names dont show for vehicle or ship tokens, only NPC/PC tokens when on map. Is there any way to have the tooltip show for vehicle tokens too? Or is it a limitation that's too hard to remove?

Paul Pratt
November 24th, 2018, 06:25
Hey spite,

Just coming back home after a vacation, I never noticed that before. Let me dive into that one.

@Valyar,
I thought I had that already in the base. Each tab except the XP tab should have a short sheet.

Valyar
November 24th, 2018, 07:38
Yes, correct, the mini-sheets are expandable now. I haven’t noticed that you added the feature :) thanks!

A suggestion for small improvement: make the gear tab to have expandable mini:sheet as well, for gear-hoarding players!

spite
November 24th, 2018, 09:01
Hey spite,

Just coming back home after a vacation, I never noticed that before. Let me dive into that one.

@Valyar,
I thought I had that already in the base. Each tab except the XP tab should have a short sheet.

Nice one!

Hope you had a good break away from the grindstone. I'm looking forward to my own vacation soon.

Paul Pratt
December 17th, 2018, 02:16
Been awhile since I updated, but now that FG 3.3.7 is due soon I thought I would stop by and let you know the ruleset will be ready. I have updated for the 3.3.7 changes, and have added/fixed a few things mentioned here.
1. Fixed the tooltips for hordes, vehicles, and ships. They will show when hovered over on a map when added from the CT.
2. Expanded Vehicles to 200 Hull Integrity.
3. Included the Inventory mini sheet.

I will post the update when 3.3.7 goes live.

spite
December 17th, 2018, 04:28
Yay nice one! Thanks Paul

Valyar
December 17th, 2018, 08:35
You’re the man! ;)

Paul Pratt
December 19th, 2018, 05:46
Updated for FG 3.3.7. See the first post for the .pak file.

Valyar
December 19th, 2018, 09:52
I can't think of any other improvement for this ruleset... :)

Carter77
January 13th, 2019, 22:11
Hello,

I am starting to configure psy power for DH1 and I have a question about "Overbleed" and "Overbleed#" fields.
How do we configure them ? For example a psy power like Luck : extension of 10 meters for each 5 points upside the Threshold.
Do we provide for "Overbleed#" the value 5 ? What for "Overbleed" ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Pratt
January 20th, 2019, 03:19
On the basic entry field Overbleed # to the right of Threshold is for the value the power list. So, in your example 5 is correct. In the overbleed field it is simply a check mark box. Check it if overbleed is allowed as a reminder.

In the power set up, accessed from the green skull icon, you can set up what the overbleed does in relation to automated procedures, damage, pen etc. So, if a power had a 5 over bleed and for each 5 points over the threshold 1 pen was added, that would be set on this screen.

During play there is a Overbleed cycler field that you can adjust based on the power roll.

Hope that helps.

Crazy Aido
February 20th, 2019, 21:08
Hey, how do I edit NPC stats? I can't seem to be able to change them from zero. Same for ship stats, when I try and select the box to change it just rolls the stat for zero. I can see that you edit the characteristics in the xp section on the PC sheets, but there is nothing like this for NPC's and ships. Halp?

Trenloe
February 20th, 2019, 21:17
Hey, how do I edit NPC stats?
Is the sheet unlocked? Check the padlock icon to the right of the NPC name.

when I try and select the box to change it just rolls the stat for zero.
If it's rolling, then you're double-clicking, make sure you just single click (with the record unlocked). Single click on the box (you don't see any visible indication that the box is selected) and then type in the number. Or, use CTRL+Mousewheel to change the value.

Crazy Aido
February 20th, 2019, 21:56
Yep, that sorted it thanks!

Paul Pratt
March 8th, 2019, 17:11
Noticed a few bugs in the DH1 psychic sheet. Fixed.

Updated the .pak file in the first post. You only need this if you are using DH1's psy system.

Burritobizon
March 15th, 2019, 13:35
I've just downloaded this ruleset, and noticed that the Reference Guide is empty, and that there are no items, npc's, psychic abilities, skills, modifiers, or talents to be found. Is it supposed to be like this, or did i do something wrong with the installation?

Valyar
March 15th, 2019, 13:37
Nothing is wrong. This is community based ruleset and there are no modules with content. It is just that- ruleset. You will have to create your own content, as FFG never licensed anything for VTT purpose.

Burritobizon
March 15th, 2019, 13:41
Nothing is wrong. This is community based ruleset and there are no modules with content. It is just that- ruleset. You will have to create your own content, as FFG never licensed anything for VTT purpose.

That makes sense! Thank you!

Burritobizon
March 15th, 2019, 18:15
Do the Data Reference sheets have any form of automatisation? As an example: In Dark Heresy v1, Feral Worlders receive a trait that would allow them to add 3 Skills as basic skills for themselves. Is it possible to automate this so that when you would drag the correct Data Reference on top of your character sheet, it would automatically add those skills to the basic skills list?

Paul Pratt
March 16th, 2019, 03:04
Sorry, there is no direct automation for the Data References. Since the material is copyright protected, I didn't create modules. Not knowing how people would use the Data, I didn't add the features.

Burritobizon
March 19th, 2019, 15:15
Sorry, there is no direct automation for the Data References. Since the material is copyright protected, I didn't create modules. Not knowing how people would use the Data, I didn't add the features.

I see! I've gotten around to writing my own modules for personal use, and stumbled upon another question (possible bug?). I've checked your tutorials, the pdf, and this thread, but found nothing.

Regarding Psychic Powers, i can't get my Healing Ability called Healer to work (Minor Power, Dark Heresy v1). I've included a screenshot that depicts my testing environment: Ren is targetting Ben (12 points Damage, 1 point of critical Damage), and tries to heal him.
The dice rolls, and i get a result. However, it is never applied, and instead it provides me with the following error message:
"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1447: attempt to call field 'removeEffect' (a nil value)"
Is this a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

Paul Pratt
March 20th, 2019, 02:35
Good catch Burritobizon!

It's a bug from an effect I removed years ago! I also need to fix the way it handles crit damage. It should remove crit damage first then wounds second. I will fix this ASAP, and repost a new .pak file.

Paul Pratt
March 20th, 2019, 06:48
New .pak file posted to correct heal damage issue. See first post in this thread for new .pak file.

Carter77
March 27th, 2019, 22:08
Hello Paul,

I noticed an issue on the ruleset with some rolls.
For example a player roll a skill dice and the dice were "30" for dozen and "0" for unit.
The result obtained and displayed on the chat was 40 instead of 30.
Do you already know this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2019, 22:14
For example a player roll a skill dice and the dice were "30" for dozen and "0" for unit.
The result obtained and displayed on the chat was 40 instead of 30.
That is standard for Fantasy Grounds - it's an old, different way, of interpreting d100 rolls - you add the two together - 30 + 10 = 40. Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?8354-d100-percentile-die-convention

flynnkd
May 14th, 2019, 23:39
Just like to thank you very much for the ruleset and all the work you have done.

One request however, could you put in a switch to have the Old English font labels on the reference buttons change to something more conventional and readable. I have less than perfect eyesight (old age) and find the Old English font almost unreadable. I know it is atmoshperic, but I am past that these days. Thanks :)

And a query, I created some guns but couldnt get them to auto load into the combat section when equipped. I created some armour and it did load onto the character. SO I went back and played with the gun and at some point it worked. Not sure why but maybe because I put something into every field? Are there some minimum pre-requisites that need to be in there before they will pass thru to the combat section? Do some of the fields need a specific format?

Paul Pratt
May 15th, 2019, 06:07
Flynnkd,

The weapon fields do have specific data. The most common issue is under the heading "Class". This must be one of the Weapon Types from the rules. Basic, Melee, Pistol, etc. The full list is in the PDF file in first post of this thread (40k Multiset for Fantasy Grounds 3.2.pdf). That file is a basic guide to using the ruleset. I recommend reading that file.

The sidebar buttons in the Old English font are graphics. I couldn't toggle them, but could write an extension to change them. I would need to re-create the buttons and build an extension. I can't currently get to this, my work load is just too great. I will but this on the list though. I love/hate the buttons myself.

flynnkd
May 15th, 2019, 11:49
I have created some weapons, but I cant drop them into an NPCs combat area, is that right? They drop onto players ok. The NPC is unlocked. When you click on the combat aea it just creates a blank weapon entry.?

Valyar
May 15th, 2019, 11:55
I can contribute here and work on the buttons
Have to look for something that is in the public domain with the appropriate Gothic style and yet readable :)

flynnkd
May 15th, 2019, 12:12
We have set up some characters and I am having trouble getting consistant 'Location" results, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Eg the attached picture.

It seems to work for the GM rolling from the players sheet sometimes, but not if the player rolls it.

Another funny thing is that the GM version of players sheet does not show the damage bonus, but the player version does. The damage rolls are different also.

...the weapon sheet was created on the GM side, pasted into the player sheet for them to use...

Paul Pratt
May 15th, 2019, 15:29
flynnkd,

Error #1 I can not recreate. I tested from player side on several characters all reported correct. Only thing I can think was the targeting from players side may have been cleared.

Error #2 is a good catch. Thanks. I will get this corrected and posted as soon as I can. For now, make sure the players edit the damage bonus and Pen. "Pen" is also not transferred.

** Found the issue with error#2. It is based on ID'd non-ID'd weapons. If they are shared without toggling the ID button it hides damage bonus and pen. That was a hold over for "found" weapons that needed to be ID'd. I will change this behavior.

flynnkd
May 22nd, 2019, 09:03
Just bumping this... is it correct that you can't drop Items into an NPC? Like a gun into the combat area?

NPC in the Combat Tracker dont get an attack line? You have to open their sheet and use their Combat tab?

spite
May 22nd, 2019, 10:17
Just bumping this... is it correct that you can't drop Items into an NPC? Like a gun into the combat area?

NPC in the Combat Tracker dont get an attack line? You have to open their sheet and use their Combat tab?

Correct on the attack line, you need to operate from the sheets (at least, I've never figured out any other way)
However dropping items has always worked for me as follows

https://puu.sh/DvDKI/b5a2102edf.gif

flynnkd
May 22nd, 2019, 12:40
doh, drop into equipment, not into combat...

Paul Pratt
May 22nd, 2019, 16:56
I have looked into the attack line for NPCs in the past. Since the sheets design is a list of weapons, would I link the first weapon? All the weapons? I left it attack from the sheet because I never found a way that didn't turn the CT into a large mess.

Any thoughts?

spite
May 22nd, 2019, 20:41
I have looked into the attack line for NPCs in the past. Since the sheets design is a list of weapons, would I link the first weapon? All the weapons? I left it attack from the sheet because I never found a way that didn't turn the CT into a large mess.

Any thoughts?

What about check boxes that are limited to selecting 1(or perhaps 2? 1 melee 1 range) that you can highlight, and those are added to combat tracker line when dropped? That way you can use their main weapons, and special stuff you can refer to sheet beyond?
I don't know, I'm not hugely bothered myself because I'm used to using the sheets and having them open anyway so doesn't leap out as me as hugely necessary but can see why others might.

flynnkd
May 22nd, 2019, 23:43

Any thoughts?

I'm used to them being there. With NPCs I wouldn't expect many weapons (new to Rogue Trader so maybe not?) to be listed. I tend to work one NPC at a time, so only their 'weapon set' needs to be expanded at anytime, not all of them... in fact that would be a nice option, to explode the NPC in focus and collapse it after you leave them.

We had our first session last night and it was interesting. My players did complain about the dice fields being very small (attack dice, damage dice etc). I realise they are small for screen space reasons...

We noted COVERL only covers legs, not body. I recall a post somewhere about that, or some extra cover class... but the doco still says Legs&Body. And the COVER value didn't seem to decrease if damage exceeded the cover armour value, only after it exceeded ALL armour values?

There is a module called 5e Combat Extender... it has some nice CT/Token features... like making the active token more visible (not just the white ring), making the token you click on highlight in the CT etc... if you are sitting around with nothing to do in your life... :)

Thank you for all the work you have done.

Paul Pratt
May 23rd, 2019, 02:00
flynned,

COVERL, is cover lower, that is legs only now. There was much discussion years ago and since there was no hard and fast rule in the books, I changed COVERL to just legs per the discussion. Sorry about missing that in the documentation. You are correct, cover is only reduced if the adjusted damage exceeds the cover value. Honestly I had forgotten about that. It was a work around in the very early days of the original rules set. I will revisit that and see if I can move that in the sequence and get it to work.

Spite,

I like the idea of a check box. I am wondering if I can just use the name of the weapon from the list and have them appear comma separated on an attack line. I will work on this.

Paul Pratt
May 25th, 2019, 20:05
I have a new .pak ready to post.

The fixes are a few bugs recently found.
1. Weapon drops will add the PEN to the combat line in either ID's or No ID'd mode.
2. Cover recalculated to reflect the rules.

A new Cover type added:
COVERM. This provides cover for body and both legs only.

A note on the cover calculation:
As written the rules state to work out the damage to the cover with any excess damage applied to the target as normal. The rules for penetration state that PEN effects cover. So, PEN will apply to cover, then that adjusted damage is passed to the target and worked out against their DR. PEN is only applied once, and against the cover. Just a heads up to GM's, cover versus higher PEN weapons will be slightly better than how the ruleset handled it previously. Previously cover plus armor were added together and PEN applied to it. Run thru some calculations you will see what I mean when cover 4 and PEN 4 are used with this two methods.

Cover will be reduced by 1 if the initial damage exceeds the cover value.

spite
May 26th, 2019, 01:42
Where was it posted? Doesnt appear to be in first post currently

Paul Pratt
May 26th, 2019, 05:58
Sorry about that spite, I pulled it down because I cleaned up the reports a bit too. I wanted to show the Cover value in the report for the final damage line. Should be pretty clear how the damage was derived. Effects with RESIST, DR, DMG, and those that effect PEN, ARMOR or damage don't report in the final line, but then we GM's have secrets here and there!

It's up now.

spite
May 26th, 2019, 08:30
Awesome thank you :)

Valyar
May 28th, 2019, 22:07
Thank you for the great support for this ruleset!

tlavalle
June 7th, 2019, 00:07
where can i download the newest version?

Valyar
June 7th, 2019, 00:08
where can i download the newest version?

The first post is where the files are updated.

mothman
June 15th, 2019, 22:22
Extremely happy that you made this! Thank you.

Valyar
June 29th, 2019, 07:09
For DH2: Is there a way to set the damage die of a psychic power to be 1d5 rather than 1d10?
One of the players is using Impel, which is minor power and does 1d5 of damage

Paul Pratt
June 29th, 2019, 17:10
I know there is a way. I can't remember how. As I look at it, I can -- and should, just add a die type field to the power's set up box. I will do that later this evening and post a new .pak. Much easier than some hidden mod key, especially if I can't even remember it!

Paul Pratt
June 30th, 2019, 01:13
New .pak uploaded. Added d5 option for Psychic Damage and heal rolls across both psy systems.

Paul Pratt
June 30th, 2019, 01:18
Something on reports, that drives me crazy and I have tried to format around for a good long while, is the offset that occurs depending on the length of the die results and the name of the actor.

There isn't much I can do to make a consistent report for various name lengths and die roll potentials. I did notice this today however, if you space all the way to the end of the name line on the Character sheet, the name length will retain the spaces for reports. With a name as long as that line, the report is consistent. It looks the way I want it to look. Down side... the report starts "PC Name:" If you space across you have a random ":" sitting at/near the end of the first line of the report. If I can find the area this ":" resides I can modify that and at least have a visually pleasing report.

If anyone knows where this resides, please give me a heads up.

Valyar
June 30th, 2019, 12:13
It is perfect, thanks for the light-speed help. :)

DarkTerren
July 2nd, 2019, 06:51
very sorry if im missing something but just got base fanasty grounds to try putting a one shot together for our dnd group. is there a place to download the items for only war part or do i have to enter all of them manually. not sure if i did something wrong while installing this

Valyar
July 2nd, 2019, 06:53
This is community ruleset and as such the copyrighted content is not inside. Just the framework of the rules. You will have to manually create all necessary libraries.

DarkTerren
July 2nd, 2019, 06:55
ok thank you just wanted to make sure before i started adding the stuff. might have to ask about some of the stuff while entering this stuff in if that is ok

Nengv
July 7th, 2019, 17:02
Thanks for the awesome ruleset! so I'm pretty new to fg in general and you've probably already answered this and I'm just not seeing it. So from my story i want to be able to drop a link that will open up options (in this case food) depending on the characters selection they will need to make a toughness check at varying degrees of difficulty. Is there a way that i can drop a clickable link in there that will roll for them against their toughness?

Paul Pratt
July 8th, 2019, 15:33
Nengv,

Have you done something similar in a different ruleset? In D&D you could set up a saving throw roll. There isn't something like that in Dark Heresy, meaning the abilities rolls aren't set up as saves.

Nengv
July 8th, 2019, 15:55
I'm probably describing it wrong. So specifically in "Lure of the expanse" on page 17 I think is a table of served food for the even "a formal occasion" that's where I'm trying to do this. So it's just degrees of success or failure against a toughness check. I'm just trying to make a quick link to toughness check in the story sheet. Ultimately unnecessary, but was hoping to find a way to just have a click able link that would report to chat without the players needing to open their sheets.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

spite
July 8th, 2019, 20:28
Paul, I have run into a couple errors recently.
Firstly, when dragging an attack roll from the chat that was accidentally not targeted at a monster, I get a script error of:Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:332: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'nTarget' (a nil value)

Secondly, when dropping a weapon onto an NPC sheet, it's name is changed to *** *** until renamed. Which is odd. I do not get an error log for this, it simply occurs, but gif for reference. https://puu.sh/DQjum/ad7fc0063b.gif

Paul Pratt
July 8th, 2019, 22:37
spite,

I will look at the error. When you were dragging the attack, did the PC it was from have a target in the CT?

The rename kinda blows me away. Let me see if I can recreate it.

spite
July 8th, 2019, 23:15
Yes the PC and the target were both in the tracker when the error occurs

Paul Pratt
July 9th, 2019, 05:53
spite,

Fixed the drag error. Should work now. Let me know if you see further issues.

As for the renaming...
This has something to do with all the changes to the ID system and I believe some lingering code somewhere in the ruleset. When an item is dropped in (for this ruleset), by default it will be unidentified, even if the item is ID'd from your library. Simply toggle the ID/ No ID button and it will display correctly. If I am not mistaken, if you cycle the ID / No ID before you drop it on the PC or to chat it will display correctly as well.

New .pak uploaded to fix the drag roll.

spite
July 9th, 2019, 06:04
Shoot that was quick fixes! Thanks for that Paul :)

Paul Pratt
July 9th, 2019, 06:20
OK, narrowed down the issue with the naming. Create a new weapon in your library, drop it on the PC, and it will use the **No ID Name** and it will be No ID'd in the weapons list, but not the inventory. Delete the weapon. Now in your library, cycle the ID button. It will now display correctly.

Some where... someplace that is yet to be found... there is something defaulting the weapon when created to be non-id'd. Cycling this gets the DB updated to reflect the status you expect at the time of drop. Where the ** are coming from eludes me too. This will take me a bit to track down. But for now, just cycle anything you create so it updates and is stored correctly.

spite
August 17th, 2019, 23:59
Another question on weapons, I've noticed recently when trying to arm NPCs differently that I can not add weapons/items to inventory for NPCs that are already on the tracker, I instead need to make a copy in the NPC list, arm it there, and then drag that new NPC onto the tracker. Is there a way to unlock the ability to equip NPCs on the tracker? Or is there some limitation that stops this?

Valyar
August 18th, 2019, 08:17
Another question on weapons, I've noticed recently when trying to arm NPCs differently that I can not add weapons/items to inventory for NPCs that are already on the tracker, I instead need to make a copy in the NPC list, arm it there, and then drag that new NPC onto the tracker. Is there a way to unlock the ability to equip NPCs on the tracker? Or is there some limitation that stops this?
NPCs dragged from the NPC library to the Combat Tracker are instances of the objects in the library. I.e. completely independent now. Drag and drop weapon from the Items library to the inventory of unlocked NPC is not supported in this ruleset, the only one that I know has this capability is the Savage Worlds one.

There is one workaround that I use from time to time, which is a bit slow - you can always add new item to the NPCs in the tracker by opening their sheet... but you will have to go through the process of entering all the relevant weapon data.

Paul Pratt
August 18th, 2019, 08:42
spite,

I never noticed that you can't add a weapon to an NPC in the CT. Let me see what I can do about this.

Paul Pratt
August 19th, 2019, 01:02
spite,

I have it working! You will be able to drop items, weapons, armor, talents, skills, and psy powers onto NPC's that are in the Combat tracker. The weapons and armor will update the combat tab too.

One thing I realized while getting this working, is that the NPC and horde sheets will accept drops even if they are locked. You can not delete, or edit what I have locked down, but the accepting drops surprised me. This gave me a chance to clean up the party sheet interaction for NPC's too. When assigning loot to NPC's in the party sheet previously it would assign, but fail to report correctly and no remove the assigned item from the party sheet. Well that works correctly now too.

I am still working on the ID/No ID and the **. It seems I must have missed some updates CoreRPG made to that system. The interaction between 40k custom sheets and the base CoreRPG have the ID working, but with several bugs. I am working to track these down and fix them.

These will be released with the FG 3.3.8 updates.

spite
August 19th, 2019, 01:16
Awesome, I'm excited to get my hands on the update!
Thanks as always Paul :)

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2019, 08:21
New .pak posted in the first post of this thread. Updated for FG 3.3.8.

Finally tracked down and fixed the ID states. Dropping an item onto a character, npc, or horde will respect the ID state set in the Item Library. The GM can toggle the ID state from the character, npc, or horde sheet inventory to update the ID state. This will also work for npc's and horde types in the combat tracker.

You can also drop new items onto npc's and horde types after they are placed in the combat tracker.

Any issues, please post them here.

Paul Pratt
August 25th, 2019, 02:36
New .pak posted to fix potential error.

Paul Pratt
August 28th, 2019, 05:50
Missed a change in the CoreRPG image window that would cause the 40k image window to not respond correctly when up sizing the panel. New .pak posted to correct this issue.

Paul Pratt
August 31st, 2019, 08:58
New .pak posted.

Added new features. NPC's will now have their weapon lists displayed in the CT for use. The list can be filtered. When the CT is cycled it will automatically cycle to next in initiative order and toggle the offense section open. Added ID States for hordes, vehicles, and ships.

Using the CT weapons filter:

1. The button to indicate a weapon is to be used for a filtered CT list is located on the Weapon Details Window, upper right corner. 28713 28715
2. The CT list will have a check box just below the "yellow" offense icon in the CT. No Filter checkbox will appear for ships. Ships use a full list.
3. If no weapons are checked for filter use, then all the weapons will be displayed in the CT when the filter checkbox is unchecked.
4. If all NPC weapons are checked for filter use, then they will be displayed by the CT when the filter checkbox is checked.
5. If all NPC weapons are unchecked for filter use, and the CT filter box is checked, no weapons will display. 28712

Filtered list to one weapon: 28714

spite
August 31st, 2019, 10:49
Ahh this is very exciting! Look forward to testing this tomorrow Paul :)

Valyar
August 31st, 2019, 20:28
Wow... this update is simply amazing.

The next feature should be the ability to drop weapon in CT and have it appear in NPCs inventory directly and in the CT weapon list :D

Paul Pratt
September 1st, 2019, 03:02
@ Valyar, I added that in for the 3.3.8 update, post #324. :D
You can drop weapons onto NPC's PC's, Ships, Hordes and Vehicles in the CT.

Valyar
September 1st, 2019, 07:19
@ Valyar, I added that in for the 3.3.8 update, post #324. :D
You can drop weapons onto NPC's PC's, Ships, Hordes and Vehicles in the CT.
I tested two use cases:

When I place a NPC into CT and drag and drop item from the Items library on it in CT, the weapon is not added, nothing happens.
If I open the NPC sheet and drag and drop the weapon into the inventory, then indeed it appears in the CT.

Is use case #1 possible, as it is in Savage Worlds ruleset?

Paul Pratt
September 2nd, 2019, 00:53
It's possible. I guess it would save a button click, and could introduce mis-drops. You could add but not delete. The node would delete, meaning the entire NPC. Not a big deal to add at all.

Valyar
September 2nd, 2019, 07:53
I think it will be useful. It will at least improve the time for the preparation of an ad-hoc encounters. :)

Paul Pratt
September 2nd, 2019, 21:31
New .pak posted.

Allows for direct weapon drop onto CT entry.

-- A note, whether the drop is directly onto the CT entry, or by opening the NPC sheet and dropping directly onto the weapon list, the added/dropped weapon will not be automatically added to the inventory. The preferred method is to drop onto the NPC's inventory and that will be automatically added to their weapon list. Direct drops were enabled for quick additions to NPC's in the CT already.

Paul Pratt
September 3rd, 2019, 08:56
Uploaded a graphics extension for the sidebar buttons for readability.

Updated the 30 degree Flamer Pointer extension to work with FG 3.3.8.

Valyar
September 6th, 2019, 10:11
In the Alt Sidebar, the folder is part of the archive which prevents the extension to appear in the list when campaign is launched. Small bug :)

HeadHunter989
October 19th, 2019, 23:33
do you know if this will be able to be used on the new unity software FG are coming out with?

LordEntrails
October 19th, 2019, 23:55
do you know if this will be able to be used on the new unity software FG are coming out with?
If it uses/modifies any image controls then it will need to be updated for FGU.

HeadHunter989
October 20th, 2019, 00:07
I have no idea on any of this tbh, just looking at rulesets that i might be using when the beta for it comes out

LordEntrails
October 20th, 2019, 01:38
I have no idea on any of this tbh, just looking at rulesets that i might be using when the beta for it comes out
Well, since most community developers are not also Alpha backers, they will not have had a chance to update their rulesets and extensions (if needed) when Beta comes out.

Paul (The dev for this ruleset) is pretty active on the forums and active developing this ruleset, so I would assume he will update any deficiencies, but that will be his call. It may not be something he knows an answer to at this point.

But, I guess none of that really helps and we'll need Paul to reply to really know if he thinks this will need to be updated for FGU and if he plans on doing so :)

do remember, we can play any game using CoreRPG, and since that's an official ruleset, it will be available with FGU.

Paul Pratt
October 20th, 2019, 06:49
40k doesn't change anything with image controls other than the graphic for the image window. I don't have access to FGU, but do want to make sure this is set available for play on FGU. When FGU goes live I do plan to purchase it, and update this set.
If there are issues with the set in FGU beta, I would like to know about them.

k410
October 26th, 2019, 15:05
Paul, thanks for your work on this ruleset as well as the extra material such as the PDF and the YouTube videos!

I just bought the WH40K Rogue Trader Humble Bundle that someone mentioned in another thread, so it was cool to see that this ruleset was already available.

Paul Pratt
October 26th, 2019, 18:00
Glad to have you using it. Let me know if you have any questions with the ships. It isn't fully automated, but we found it worked pretty well for tracking. If you see a way it might improve let me know.

Paul Pratt
November 14th, 2019, 23:50
New. pak in first post with updates for FG 3.3.9

spite
November 15th, 2019, 00:38
You're still awesome, Paul.

Keep it up :)

Blue Haven
November 15th, 2019, 17:26
Thank you once again my friend :)
Big Hugs

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 24th, 2019, 22:09
Great work Paul!

Many thanks for the updates and sharing, I'm using the ruleset for a Black Crusade game that is now onto its 17 session and it's working a treat.

Paul Pratt
December 24th, 2019, 22:29
Thank you Marvin, I am glad to hear you are getting good use from it.

If there is anything that can improve the Black Crusade portion of the ruleset, let me know, I will try to make it happen.

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 24th, 2019, 22:52
Paul, will do and I'll ask the players and see if they have anything from a PC point of view.

DarkTerren
December 31st, 2019, 03:18
Quick Question was a Tutorial vidoe ever done for the library part that was mention in the first tutorial? Or can anyone help me with an example for all the different catagorys so i can know if im adding it in wrong. I transfered stuff from the rule book and im getting different error or stuff not working right. example is True Grit i get Script Error: [string"manager_action_damage.Lua"]:2115:getValue: Invalid parameter 1. If it helps this is for only war. Notice Vehicle is not in your list for classes would these weapons fall under launcher then ?
only war book has Basic, Pistol, Heavy, Vehicle, Melee

MARVIN THE ARVN
December 31st, 2019, 12:06
To be honest, I haven't created a library, I just get the players to create their own effects and create weapons etc as and when. I found the 40k RPG rules for NPCs to be so clunky with regards to talents etc that it would help to automate but I've also just decided to ignore most of the talents and just give them a handful and mod stats to represent what they lost, if I can be bothered to look it up.

Not a helpful reply with regards to the library but maybe a work around if you can't get it working.

Paul Pratt
December 31st, 2019, 15:06
DarkTerren,

Vehicles have their own library and custom sheet. They are not treat4ed as a "type" of weapon. Navigate to the Library, in the top portion click on "Vechicles" to get their sidebar button to show up. That is the proper library to use.

DarkTerren
December 31st, 2019, 22:19
DarkTerren,

Vehicles have their own library and custom sheet. They are not treat4ed as a "type" of weapon. Navigate to the Library, in the top portion click on "Vechicles" to get their sidebar button to show up. That is the proper library to use.

My bad i was specific enough What class would weapons like Battle Cannons , earthshaker cannons fall under Are they Launchers then? The only war book secificy them under Veichle as in veichle only weapons

Paul Pratt
December 31st, 2019, 23:12
I would call a Battle Cannon a heavy weapon, or if you rather you can simply use Ranged. I included Ranged as a weapon tag to cover the unexpected conditions.

The error you reference doesn't have anything to do with the type of weapon though. That error has to do with the target having no toughness bonus to calculate True Grit against. This can because of settings. I checked on it, and I didn't like the wording for BC, OW, and DH2. So I made a quick change and I also updated something to hopefully avoid the error you are getting.

Paul Pratt
December 31st, 2019, 23:43
New pak file posted to avoid possible error when using True Grit. See first post.

DarkTerren
January 1st, 2020, 00:31
I would call a Battle Cannon a heavy weapon, or if you rather you can simply use Ranged. I included Ranged as a weapon tag to cover the unexpected conditions.

The error you reference doesn't have anything to do with the type of weapon though. That error has to do with the target having no toughness bonus to calculate True Grit against. This can because of settings. I checked on it, and I didn't like the wording for BC, OW, and DH2. So I made a quick change and I also updated something to hopefully avoid the error you are getting.

ahh ok thank you so much

Scribe
January 22nd, 2020, 14:01
Hello Paul, I need your help.
I keep getting this error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_image.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'sub' (a nil value)
When I try to expand images and maps, could you take a look please?

Scribe
January 22nd, 2020, 14:33
Hello Paul, I need your help.
I keep getting this error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_image.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'sub' (a nil value)
When I try to expand images and maps, could you take a look please?

Nvm I fixed it by clear out the images' folder and add everything back in.
I have no idea what happened though.

teen120
January 23rd, 2020, 11:35
Okay the error is back, but I got a better understand of it now.
If I expand an map image and then close it, the next image I open will show that error, either with code 64 or 46.
But if I stop expanding it, and use the Close Window option with right click, everything is okay.
Maybe you can replicating this error now?

Paul Pratt
January 23rd, 2020, 15:04
New .pak file uploaded to the first post in this thread. Fixes the image issue reported by Scribe. Changes in CoreRPG for 3.3.9 were missed and are now corrected.

Scribe
January 23rd, 2020, 15:16
New .pak file uploaded to the first post in this thread. Fixes the image issue reported by Scribe. Changes in CoreRPG for 3.3.9 were missed and are now corrected.

Wonderful, thank you for your hard work!

Scribe
January 23rd, 2020, 15:38
I have a question.
Let's say I have a NPC with the trait Size Puny (–20 to hit).
Could I add an effect to it to modify all attack roll target it? If so what would it be?

Paul Pratt
January 24th, 2020, 02:19
Make an effect -20: ATTACK and place it on the NPC. Whenever anyone target them they will pick up the -20. You could be descriptive as well -20: Attack (Puny)

Scribe
January 24th, 2020, 02:36
Make an effect -20: ATTACK and place it on the NPC. Whenever anyone target them they will pick up the -20. You could be descriptive as well -20: Attack (Puny)

Got it. Thanks!

Venomrafterman
January 27th, 2020, 01:38
First post here on FG, having just bought an ultimate license (wish I new it was on sale for even cheaper last month). Firstly I have to applaud your work Paul, the level of detail and effort in your rule set is amazing. 2 of my friends who also got licenses played around with the rule set today and they were gushing over the data slate theme on everything as well as the level of automation available compared to the free roll20 game that I am currently gming or what we delt with when we used to play on TTS doing everything manually.

Your rule set is really the whole reason I have decided to give FG a try as I did not want to subject my self to maptools and was still uncertain if paying for a pro account with roll20 so I could gm with the advanced api DH2e sheets was worth it.

That aside, I do have a couple probably pretty noob questions as I am going through and learning this system and how to play FFG games in it.

-As I understand it the best way to handle modifiers such as Short range, Swift Attack, Aiming, Accurate Weapons when aimed, etc is to create a corresponding modifier and just drag it to dice roller for the roll?

-Likewise the best way to handle things like enemies being prone would be to use a prone effect on them, although I am guessing the negative to hit ranged and positive to hit in melee as well as the effected's penalty to dodge would all have to be separate effects?

-Also I seem to have a similar problem reported by another user where as the GM the hit locations in the CT is working as intended but my players without fail receive Location: *blank on their successful hits. I will report back on this if I can find out whats going on

-I may have missed it somewhere in your videos and pdf, but does sub-type in items reference anything in the books' syntax.

-I also know that weapon special qualities are to follow the syntax of the books, but I do have a question regarding those, when entering multiple qualities such as Tearing and Balanced is there a comma or space in between them such as Tearing, Balanced?

-What is the intended way to use vehicles?, I assume with how you made it with the pilot and gunner attributes for NPC use. But what about for player use, give the sheet to them to use on their own with profiles? or is there someway to integrate it into their Character sheet? Also is there a good way for the crew to test for different combat actions such as jink, etc or would it be best to just make the pilot their own character sheet to test on. Lastly on the the vehicles sheet, for the skill box for the pilot is that their total characteristic after +whatever from their operate skills?

Sorry about this broadside of questions, being new to the system I might just be just stumbling right over things.

Paul Pratt
January 27th, 2020, 02:18
@Venonrafterman,

I will get back to you with the some answers to your post. I just saw this and want to answer your questions as fully as possible. I am headed out at the moment, but thought I would let you know I saw this and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Venomrafterman
January 27th, 2020, 03:04
@Venonrafterman,

I will get back to you with the some answers to your post. I just saw this and want to answer your questions as fully as possible. I am headed out at the moment, but thought I would let you know I saw this and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Much appreciated!

Paul Pratt
January 27th, 2020, 06:27
@Venonrafterman,

1. Short range, Swift Attack, Aiming, Accurate Weapons, etc. are best handled with modifiers. I also recommend the hotbar. Drag a modifier to the hotbar for quick access. The most commonly used. I also have players put together their favorite "moves" to a hotbar. Then I have the basic -10, -20, -30 mods handy on my GM hotbar to apply for range, etc.

2. Prone works as an effect. Prone as an effect is written in to the ruleset and if the attack is melee or ranged will take that into account.

3. Of all the reports I have had on this item they turn out to be one of two reasons. 1. The player didn't have something targeted when attacking. 2. The item targeted in the CT needed to be refreshed. In regards to both, always make sure the all combatants are placed into the CT (combat tracker), and that they are dragged and drop from the CT to the map. Always, this is FG 101. The targeting automation depends on those steps. Second make sure the player actually has something targeted.

4. Sub Type has zero game play relevance, it is their by request for more detail to items. For instance Pistol (type) Las (sub type). Its not needed, and is optional to use.

5. It would be Tearing, Balanced. Comma followed by space.

6. Vehicles. They can be shared as a sheet for players to control, or controlled by the GM. For skills used while in the vehicle, there are several options. Players can roll from their sheets, you can enter the players values and have them roll from the vehicle. There isn't a "set" way since I tried to account for NPC vehicles controlled by the GM as well as vehicles that players may use. They are flexible and intended (hoped) you will find the way that best fits your method of running your games.

I hope that helps.

Venomrafterman
January 27th, 2020, 13:48
@Venonrafterman,

1. Short range, Swift Attack, Aiming, Accurate Weapons, etc. are best handled with modifiers. I also recommend the hotbar. Drag a modifier to the hotbar for quick access. The most commonly used. I also have players put together their favorite "moves" to a hotbar. Then I have the basic -10, -20, -30 mods handy on my GM hotbar to apply for range, etc.

2. Prone works as an effect. Prone as an effect is written in to the ruleset and if the attack is melee or ranged will take that into account.

3. Of all the reports I have had on this item they turn out to be one of two reasons. 1. The player didn't have something targeted when attacking. 2. The item targeted in the CT needed to be refreshed. In regards to both, always make sure the all combatants are placed into the CT (combat tracker), and that they are dragged and drop from the CT to the map. Always, this is FG 101. The targeting automation depends on those steps. Second make sure the player actually has something targeted.

4. Sub Type has zero game play relevance, it is their by request for more detail to items. For instance Pistol (type) Las (sub type). Its not needed, and is optional to use.

5. It would be Tearing, Balanced. Comma followed by space.

6. Vehicles. They can be shared as a sheet for players to control, or controlled by the GM. For skills used while in the vehicle, there are several options. Players can roll from their sheets, you can enter the players values and have them roll from the vehicle. There isn't a "set" way since I tried to account for NPC vehicles controlled by the GM as well as vehicles that players may use. They are flexible and intended (hoped) you will find the way that best fits your method of running your games.

I hope that helps.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, it helps alot.
By chance is there any to see a list of valid effects or is it based on one of the other rulesets, ie corerpg?

Paul Pratt
January 27th, 2020, 15:23
@Venonrafterman,

In the first post, the file Dark Heresy for Fantasy Grounds 3.2. That is the most current rule set guide. It has a list of all the effects currently in the ruleset.

The two videos give a lot of information on basic game play and character sheet use. The main thing, since there is a lot of automation, is what I posted above - Always drag and drop from the CT to the map. Everything starts with linking up the battle correctly.

When looking at the weapons list, once you create a weapon always make sure to click the green skull furthest left in the second row and fill that sheet out. Otherwise it will throw an error. The error I have left in. It doesn't break anything, but is a clear indication the weapon is set up wrong. Second in the weapons list work from left to right. It was designed to follow the combat steps.

The idea behind all the icons and names in the rows is below.
--> First row: Weapon Profile
--> Second Row:
Set up icon (brings you to the weapon details page)
Conditionals for attack (this is the expanding arrow that reveals conditions to the attacks that may change such as Melta short range, target is a Horde, etc.)
Attack Roll (make the attacks roll from here once all mods set)
Set Location Hit (this begins the damage sequence)
Set if covered area hit (check for cover if used) --- Roll damage which is in the base weapon profile
Adjust ammo count (adjust the ammo left in the clip)

Psy attacks work much the same. Work left to right and you shouldn't miss a step.

Those two items seem to be the two items I get messaged about.

I tried to cover those points in the guide and videos. Also, as a new user to FG, there is an incredible amount of FG user videos and guides to assist someone starting out.

The last item you really need to watch is the options list. This allows you to run a game with mixed rules from all 6 Core books. If you like the system of Righteous Fury from Only War but want a Dark Heresy v1 game, you can do that. Just be aware of the changes these options will make in the calculations. Degrees of Success/Failure is a big one. Second is Unnatural Characteristics. This changes many things, and most importantly how to initially set up a character. I cover this in the character sheet video. If you are using options, or playing a Black Crusade, Only War, DHv2, game watch the video. There is a limit to the multi faceted character sheet on set up that requires a manual adjustment or everything breaks down. Unnatural Characteristics...my bane.. my coding limit! Watch the video to make sure your characters are initialized correctly based on the ruleset/options you want to use.

Also thank you (and your players for me) for the positive feedback on the rule set and the theme. It's nice to hear they are appreciated.

Venomrafterman
January 27th, 2020, 18:22
@Venonrafterman,

In the first post, the file Dark Heresy for Fantasy Grounds 3.2. That is the most current rule set guide. It has a list of all the effects currently in the ruleset.

The two videos give a lot of information on basic game play and character sheet use. The main thing, since there is a lot of automation, is what I posted above - Always drag and drop from the CT to the map. Everything starts with linking up the battle correctly.

When looking at the weapons list, once you create a weapon always make sure to click the green skull furthest left in the second row and fill that sheet out. Otherwise it will throw an error. The error I have left in. It doesn't break anything, but is a clear indication the weapon is set up wrong. Second in the weapons list work from left to right. It was designed to follow the combat steps.

The idea behind all the icons and names in the rows is below.
--> First row: Weapon Profile
--> Second Row:
Set up icon (brings you to the weapon details page)
Conditionals for attack (this is the expanding arrow that reveals conditions to the attacks that may change such as Melta short range, target is a Horde, etc.)
Attack Roll (make the attacks roll from here once all mods set)
Set Location Hit (this begins the damage sequence)
Set if covered area hit (check for cover if used) --- Roll damage which is in the base weapon profile
Adjust ammo count (adjust the ammo left in the clip)

Psy attacks work much the same. Work left to right and you shouldn't miss a step.

Those two items seem to be the two items I get messaged about.

I tried to cover those points in the guide and videos. Also, as a new user to FG, there is an incredible amount of FG user videos and guides to assist someone starting out.

The last item you really need to watch is the options list. This allows you to run a game with mixed rules from all 6 Core books. If you like the system of Righteous Fury from Only War but want a Dark Heresy v1 game, you can do that. Just be aware of the changes these options will make in the calculations. Degrees of Success/Failure is a big one. Second is Unnatural Characteristics. This changes many things, and most importantly how to initially set up a character. I cover this in the character sheet video. If you are using options, or playing a Black Crusade, Only War, DHv2, game watch the video. There is a limit to the multi faceted character sheet on set up that requires a manual adjustment or everything breaks down. Unnatural Characteristics...my bane.. my coding limit! Watch the video to make sure your characters are initialized correctly based on the ruleset/options you want to use.

Also thank you (and your players for me) for the positive feedback on the rule set and the theme. It's nice to hear they are appreciated.

Thank you so much for all the detail in your explanations! I'll take another read through the pdf and your videos.

Your videos were a great help getting started, just got to get FG syntax down/read more guides.

I'll try to give feedback in the future after running a few sessions but, I think you might have though of almost everything at least in the constraints of the current software. Hopefully unity allows continued growth for this.

Venomrafterman
January 28th, 2020, 20:54
Your guides and the 3.5e effects guides have really been helping me get through this, not sure how I missed that whole section when I looked through it before.

I did have some questions regarding specific game system rules

In DH2 different armors apply an agility cap when worn, I've gone through the effects guide as well as read around here on the forums and can not seem to figure out if it is possible to cap an attribute instead of just applying a modifier additionally would it be possible tie this effect to piece of gear, armor in this case being equipped in the gear menu.

I also have been thinking of some of the talent effects from some of the games such as Only Wars Chain Weapon Expertise which changes the tearing quality of a weapon to rolling 3d10 discard to the 2 lowest, would this be possible to apply in the form of an effect in your "talent/ability effects section" or are effects like this outside of the system's capabilities?

I apologize in advance if I missed this but I did not see a Run effect in you list, I can't remember if it had the same effect in all the editions but for DH2e its imposes a -20 BS, +20 WS to hit the character till their next turn(Similar to the prone effect)

Additionally, I assume that this also not possible to automate, but following RAW for some the systems such as Dh2e for medicae where amount of wounds healed is intelligence bonus plus one wound per degree of success. Seeing your video on usable gear, I was trying to remember what system had a med kit that healed on its own die roll. Regardless on this its easy enough to do manually its not a big deal.

Also update on the targeting/hit location issue. I opened up a another instance of FG to emulate a player on my game then ran through all the steps.
-Char sheets/npcs to CT
-Targeted token/actor on ct
-Rolled to hit on that char on the CT
What I have found is the to hit location works for NPCS but not for other Characters for what ever reason.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my previous questions and I'm sorry in advance If these things are things that I am just missing.
Thanks!

Paul Pratt
January 29th, 2020, 03:07
@Venonrafterman,

I didn't write in capping a stat, it led to far too many issues. You can add a modifier to a piece of equipment using the persistent tag (see first post). I set these up on the gear tab "Useable Gear". If the tag and effect are written correctly, then when you drop that PC onto the combat tracker, the effects will be automatically applied.

Talents also can be written as effect. Look at the Talents tab, Talent /Ability Effect. There is space there to make these items. You can make these Persistent as well. For your example with Chain Weapon Expertise, use the weapon set up sheet. I didn't actually catch that talent, but it is the same as Flesh Render from Black Crusade in effect. I will have to add that one.

Run and in general movement isn't automated or on the effects list. Use the override for movement values for anything that changes these items. Character Sheet main tab, bottom section Movement, upper right is the red rectangle with the slash in it. Click that, a series of boxes open and you can fill in the appropriate value.

Skills can be changed to use different attribute values. For the medicae you could make the skill role using the correct trait, but most healing is manual adjustments. Psy healing is a targeted spell effect that will heal automatically. In general there are too many things that can heal differently. Items being the worst offender of special rules, it was simply beyond the scope to try to capture them all.

Let me see if I can recreate the hit location issue.

Paul Pratt
January 29th, 2020, 03:14
@Venonrafterman,

I just tested hit locations on two different campaigns. One as running two instances, one GM, one localhost. No issues. I then started my main campaign and had a buddy connect. Hit location worked fine there too.

Are you setting the hit location in the weapon list line before rolling damage? In other words, when you roll an attack, if there is a hit, a location is reported. Do you see that portion?

Next when rolling damage, to have the damage applied to the correct location, you must cycle the location box to the correct location reported during the attack. This isn't automated, it is a manual set for the damage roll.

Venomrafterman
January 29th, 2020, 05:26
@Paul Pratt

Thanks for the reply, regarding the automation rolls, I believe I understand everything you have informed me of, mostly just checking if I missing some kind automation I may have not been aware of.

Regarding hit locations, I had a friend connect a little while ago as well as myself through a local client.

I believe I have tried having the players cycle the hit location back to SET and its still did not output a hit location on other characters. The specific problem is when players attempt to attack other characters no matter what the damage location is set to the location will output like this :•Attack --> at Char 5
•[HIT] Roll: 89 vs. 90 --> Location:
–Jams on 91+
-->>> Outcome: 2 Degrees of Success
Add + 1 DoS for Unnatural Characteristic:"

With no location specified, while it works as intended against NPCs, I just booted it up again and played it through 2 local instances was have been getting the same results.

Rolling damage with the location toggle works as intended. Does having the damage location set cause problems with the to hit roll?

I will try again with a clean slate tomorrow.

Paul Pratt
January 29th, 2020, 06:25
@Venonrafterman,
This is puzzling. I have tried now in a new clean slate campaign and can not recreate the results you have above.

"•[HIT] Roll: 89 vs. 90 --> Location: "

SHOULD be:

•[HIT] Roll: 89 vs. 90 --> Location: Left Leg

I can not figure why you have this result.

Cycling the hit location does nothing to the attack, the attack doesn't call to that field, only the damage roll.

Paul Pratt
January 30th, 2020, 07:29
@Venonrafterman,

OK, I finally recreated what you are seeing. Two players, not the GM acting as either player, attack each other no hit location is generated. This has to do with the CT nodes involved and tracking down the hit location numbers. I didn't code hit locations with two PC's attacking each other in mind. To complicate the issue, the hit locations are customizable. Ctrl+Scroll or Scroll, depending on your options, over the hit location numbers. They adjust. You can assign custom locations if desired. Not RAW true, but requested for custom creatures and house rules.

That customization factors into this. The previous reports were resolved as I described previously. The issue you are reporting is unique with two players attacking each other and linked in the CT. I am sure there is something I can do to allow this. It will just take some time. I have to adjust other parts of the code to get there.

Meanwhile, you will have to reverse the to hit roll and determine the location so the player can cycle the damage location and make their damage roll.

*** Edit ***

Well, that wasn't to bad. I have it enabled now. Two PC's can attack each other and the location will report with custom locations respected. So, for all you PK'ers out there good news! I will post a new .pak with this feature (?) in a day or so. I want to add that Only War talent Chain Weapon Specialization in the weapon detail tab. That will take a bit, and it's bed time!

Venomrafterman
January 30th, 2020, 14:36
@Paul Pratt

Thanks for looking to this, glad I was not just missing something obvious. While pking is a definite possibility in a dh game, I was mainly thinking of making named singular npcs characters instead of regular npcs so their character sheets would be linked to the token and persistsnt but this might not be the best idea as it seems that it was not how you originally intended the characters to be used. Did you still make your named npc "npcs" in your usage of the system?

Regarding the only war talents, I had not actually planned to play OW at this moment and had just remembered them from last time I played the system about a year ago. There are number of weapon expertise/mastery talents introduced in Hammer of the Emperor, although some of them such as

Las Weapon Mastery :Whenever this character makes an attack with a las weapon (such as a lasgun, lascarbine, laspistol, or lascannon), he deals +1 additional Damage for every two Degrees of Success he scores on the Ballistic Skill Test beyond the frst, or

Melta Weapon Mastery:Whenever this character makes an attack with a melta weapon (such as an inferno pistol, meltagun, and multi-melta), he deals +2 additional Penetration for every two Degrees of Success he scores on the Ballistic Skill Test beyond the frst. This bonus applies after the doubling of Penetration for the Melta Quality whenever that Quality takes effect.

Would probably be a difficult/impossible to implement as it is based on DOS in similar fashion to the Accurate Quality and would be just handled manually. That being said the Plasma Weapon Mastery talent effects are pretty straight forward

when this character fires a plasma weapon (such as a plasma pistol, plasma gun, or plasma cannon) with the Maximal Quality on the Maximal setting, the weapon adds an additional +2 bonus to Damage, its Penetration, and its Blast Quality (to a total of an additional 1d10+2 Damage, +4 Penetration, and +4 to its Blast Quality)

Paul Pratt
January 30th, 2020, 16:07
@Venonrafterman,

I use the NPC sheet for all NPC's. Even the important ones. I added an XP tab to the NPC's so I could track them. You could use the PC sheet for some very important NPC's that you want to make sure have that extra level of detail. Wouldn't those be GM run? Essentially a GM Character? I had GM Character's in mind, and as a GM run PC, attacking another player controlled PC the hit location worked.

Here's the catch with PC's and NPC's in the CT while playing FG. PC's have several linked fields from the character sheet to the CT that are used for combat. In fact, that's what I did to 'fix' the player to player hit location. It reported no location because the character sheet didn't link hit location to the CT. This feature of linking PC fields is awesome since we can drop the PC's into the CT and let them sit there. If they switch armor, advance in key characteristics, or take wounds, the CT and character sheet stay in sync. With NPC's however, they are copies of the NPC you drop into it. Otherwise there wouldn't be a way to establish unique entries. Say you create a generic Cultist in your NPC library. You drop that into the CT as an encounter. The CT version of Cultist, isn't linked to the library version of Cultist. You can test this easily. Make a test NPC, drop it into the CT. Now open your NPC from the library and scroll the wounds up and down. You will see the CT version doesn't change. They aren't linked. Drop another Cultist onto the CT and you will end up with Cultist (2) in the CT. It copied a second version to the CT and appended "2" to the name to create a unique entry.

So, if you are using persistent NPC's that are always with the PC's you need to make some choices on how you manage them. Personally, and we have a lot of persistent NPC's, I manage them in the NPC library, make changes, advance them etc. Once I finish, I remove the old copy from the CT and drop the updated one back in. You could manage them straight from the CT, but they exist only there. If you had to reset the CT, which can happen, you would lose all those updates. If the NPC was only going to be around a few sessions, I would probably manage them from the CT and risk it, but a campaign spanning NPC I wouldn't. If the NPC is really important, and requires updates, advancing, and the need to be safe, using a PC sheet may be wise. Essentially a GM run PC. Would players control this sheet? Just asking because PC's are "owned". Player 1 creates a PC, only the GM and Player 1 can access it. If needed, "ownership" of a PC sheet can be reset to server owned and a different player could take ownership. I mention that because it may be relevant to you later as you run games. To change ownership, right click on a PC in the Character library and you will find options to release ownership.

You are correct for most of the Only War talents, I have gone over them and most can/need a manual set up, or a modifier on the fly. The ones that add a damage die and compare to drop lowest are the ones I want to capture. The balance can be handled from the weapon details, or by making a second weapon entry that is modified. For instance, Accurate, Plasma Weapon Mastery - I didn't code that because I can make a second weapon. Say, I have a base Plasma Gun entry, then I copy that and name it Plasma Gun (PWM) - that is an example, it could be named anything. I would just tweak the damage die, damage bonus, and penetration values, then add the Blast(4) to the Special line. So much faster than any other solution. You could use the weapon details page for DH2's version of Accurate. Make a copy of the weapon. Change the name to reflect the difference say, Lasgun (Ac1DoS) -again an example could be whatever you want - then in the weapons details page add +10 TH under the custom Modifiers, and for an effect DMG: 1d10, set to "self" and "roll". When the player uses it, they would get the +10 for the To Hit roll, then if it is a hit, they could click the Effect button, roll damage and the extra damage die would be there. And if set correctly to "roll" be removed after the roll is made.

Yes, it is more steps, than say Tearing that is taken care of from automation, but the crunch of the DH systems and all the possible options, while also allowing for a mix of all 6 systems, well I may as well attempt to code a video game. It is pen and paper after all. I have to remind myself of that all the time. The more I automate, the less "custom" some things can be as well. I added the weapon details page so I could explode the options for house rules, variations, custom weapons PC's built etc. The purpose was to try to confine the local modifiers to an area for players to click through, and with the hotbar mods, hopefully with some experience, make the game run fairly quickly.

I hope those options above give you some ideas on how players can tweak their weapons, gear, and use effects and additional entries to find solutions for most of the games multitude of variations and modifiers.

The options I have included in the automation are mainly ones that impact the automation in some meaningful way. Tearing, Felling, Proven, they manipulate the roll in ways that if not hard coded in, make them darn near useless to attempt to manually adjust for and use the CT and targeting. While something like Melta Weapon Mastery is easy to use mods. Make the to hit roll, find DoS, then open you weapon details, add "x" to Pen in the custom mods, make the damage roll. Or you could use the fire selector - its less clicks. Las Weapon Mastery is even easier, once you know the DoS, simply use the general mod box to add to the damage roll. I hope that insight to the method of approach helps clarify why somethings are automated and some are not.

Venomrafterman
January 30th, 2020, 16:33
@Paul Pratt

Loud and Clear on the talents and automation.

I've player around with the Character ownership, and CT persistence over the last few days and understand your explanations. I will be using PC sheets for some of the GM PC's that I plan on having regularly recurring ie Their Interrogator, the Inquisitor, the couple NPC squad mates etc. The now fixed hit locations problem was also happening for player attempting to attack a GM PC (which worked find in reverse GM PC->PC), so I was curious I have this case just never came up for you or if you use the Character sheets exclusively for Player Characters.

I assume that giving Players control of NPCS via sharing the NPC from in the campaign still works as normal in the rule set?

Thanks for all the help and support you have given in the last few days btw.

Paul Pratt
January 30th, 2020, 17:19
Player to GM PC and player to player is essentially the same issue, and is resolved. Without linking hit locations to the CT there was no way to get the hit locations to make the report. Again, that boils down to usage. Since I use all NPC's, and didn't think in terms of PK.

NPC's controlled by players - just need to make sure you share the version of the NPC from the CT. If it is shared from the Library, it won't be linked to the CT.

No worries on the help. There is a lot going on, and being new to FG compounds. Every time someone new uses the ruleset, there are ways they run the game that I never thought of. If I can add features to the ruleset to cover them, it makes it better for us all.

Venomrafterman
January 30th, 2020, 18:24
Sounds good, I'll hopefully get a session in with the ruleset in a couple weeks or when ever I get enough a of module for dh2e imputed as well as finish up the current encounter I'm running on roll20.

I'll report back how that goes whenever that happens and on anything else I notice as I pre test the ruleset by myself.

Scribe
February 3rd, 2020, 16:18
Hello Paul. Is there a way for me to set a permanent effect for a specific skill? For example I tried something like
Persistent; SKILL:10 Tech Use for a Combi-tool but it didn't work. Is this possible or not? Thanks for your help in advance.

Venomrafterman
February 3rd, 2020, 16:49
I think you set the duration to day 0 on the end of the effect line

Paul Pratt
February 4th, 2020, 02:04
Persistent; SKILL:10 tech use

the skill name must be in lower case. Target "self" and duration to "0".

Scribe
February 6th, 2020, 12:54
Persistent; SKILL:10 tech use

the skill name must be in lower case. Target "self" and duration to "0".

That works! Thanks!

DarkTerren
February 27th, 2020, 07:50
Is there anyway to force checks on multiple tokens or give the players the ability to do it to other characters and tokens. Like for Pinning Checks

Paul Pratt
February 28th, 2020, 02:52
No, currently there isn't a way to force the checks.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 28th, 2020, 07:04
Hi Paul,

is it possible, or rather, what do I need to do to add custom dice?

D10, yes is for all the default game, but sometimes, I feel like other variability is good for players (custom tables etc)

Valyar
February 28th, 2020, 07:10
The regular dice are still available in the ruleset, just accessible via the /die command. If you want them back as draggable objects, the gameelements.xml must be edited to add and re-arrange them properly on the desktop. Tables don't need those on the screen, as the dice is automatically picked based on the amout of rows you have and range of roll for each row.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 28th, 2020, 07:12
thats great, I'll try to edit the gamelements.xml, players tend to like rolling stuff, gives them something to do sometimes during narration

Zygmunt Molotch
March 2nd, 2020, 04:19
Sorry for the repeat questions, but I'm trying to get my game off the ground, do I need to manually input all the effects, as I'm not seeing them anywhere (I get that the rest of the libraries, armour/weapons etc need to be manual because of licensing), I didn't think effects were proprietary?

Valyar
March 2nd, 2020, 08:24
Yes, you have to create the effects/modifiers manually if you want them in the respective libraries.

Zygmunt Molotch
March 3rd, 2020, 04:52
Yes, you have to create the effects/modifiers manually if you want them in the respective libraries.

thanks

that information seems to be missing, the PDF guide at the first post seems to imply it's contained within, alas it took to your post to figure out it wasnt

Ok, perhaps the next logical question then, is there somewhere a comprehensive list of what I need to include?

Effects etc and so on? I expect not, but worth enquiring

DarkTerren
March 3rd, 2020, 08:23
Are formation rules working for only war or am i doing something wrong i was assuming it would only take one strength off each time armor and toughness was breached but it acting like normal wounds.

Paul Pratt
March 3rd, 2020, 15:18
They should be working fine. Here are some items to troubleshoot.

1. Do you have the game option Rules: Hordes/Formations set to Only War?
2. Is the NPC created using the Hordes Library?
3. Is that NPC set to Formation? Located under WS and BS is a gray cycler Horde/Formation.
4. Did you check the formation field before you rolled damage? Located in the weapon entry, expand the weapon. The line begins "Mods:" you will see a check box for Melta and Formation, this must be checked.

You will know it is evaluating as a Horde of Formation in the Damage Report. It will state - Target is a Formation.

DarkTerren
March 3rd, 2020, 16:18
They should be working fine. Here are some items to troubleshoot.

1. Do you have the game option Rules: Hordes/Formations set to Only War?
2. Is the NPC created using the Hordes Library?
3. Is that NPC set to Formation? Located under WS and BS is a gray cycler Horde/Formation.
4. Did you check the formation field before you rolled damage? Located in the weapon entry, expand the weapon. The line begins "Mods:" you will see a check box for Melta and Formation, this must be checked.

You will know it is evaluating as a Horde of Formation in the Damage Report. It will state - Target is a Formation.

Number 4 is where i messed up thank you for the help

Paul Pratt
March 4th, 2020, 15:47
Updated .pak in first post of thread. Updated for FG 3.3.10 release.

Valyar
March 4th, 2020, 16:10
Stellar support after release, thanks!

Blue Haven
March 5th, 2020, 17:39
Paul the man :P thank you so much :)

Scribe
March 6th, 2020, 14:37
Hey Paul I am getting this error when opening images and maps after the new update.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:86: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:86: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)
Maybe they changed something with CoreRPG again?

Paul Pratt
March 6th, 2020, 15:00
Scribe,

That would be an error in CoreRPG. 40k doesn't touch the image files. I am surprised you have this error. I can't reproduce it. You updated FG to 3.3.10 and also installed the latest 40k update released on 3/4?

Scribe
March 6th, 2020, 15:14
I did. The problem is still there.
That's odd, I would imagine the problem is easy to replicate, as it happen everytime I open or expand an image.

Moon Wizard
March 6th, 2020, 17:58
Are you running any extensions?
Also, make sure that you don't have two versions of the ruleset installed (i.e. .pak file and folder).

Regards,
JPG

Scribe
March 7th, 2020, 09:41
Oops, it turned out the error is because of an extension I use called Enhanced Images (40k). I disabled it and everything is fine now. Cheers.

Paul Pratt
March 7th, 2020, 15:29
That is a very old extension. If you want to use Enhanced Images, use the extension posted in the CoreRPG fourm section.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)

Morbid-Don
March 27th, 2020, 01:11
Howdy,

I am trying out Unity with this ruleset tonight -its a no go - got this error?

Please Advise

++---------------------------------------------------------------++

[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-chapter). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-header). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-groupdesc). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (reference-groupsubdesc). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (list-empty). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (button-white-large). [WH40KMultisetRules] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
[3/26/2020 8:09:54 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file. [WH40KMultisetRules] [utility/utility_manualrolls.xml]: 'merge' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 74, position 33.
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] Noble Connect [36625]: Sending REFRESH REQUEST [198ae14b43e74df07905bfc0] from 24.46.50.47:51198 to 68.183.117.123:3478
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] Noble Connect [36642]: Handle response from 68.183.117.123:3478 at 24.46.50.47:51198
[3/26/2020 8:09:55 PM] Noble Connect [36642]: Received REFRESH SUCCESS RESPONSE [198ae14b43e74df07905bfc0] from 68.183.117.123:3478 at 24.46.50.47:51198
[3/26/2020 8:09:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Game server connection was lost. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2020, 01:23
When getting the log, you can get the full log from the FGU data directory as a console.log file, instead of just the last 50 lines.

Regards,
JPG

Paul Pratt
March 27th, 2020, 02:52
Morbid,

I don't have access to FGU beta, the ruleset is currently only FGC compatible. When FGU releases I will be picking it up and correct the ruleset then.

Morbid-Don
March 27th, 2020, 19:47
Ahh ok

Thanks for the insight for the log Moon Wizard!
No worries Paul Pratt - for the Emperor!

Silencian
April 10th, 2020, 23:51
Hi Paul,

Having a slight issue with rolling the damage of Ship Weapons. Throws a script error at me whenever I click the damage box.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:404: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'modifier' (a nil value)

Paul Pratt
April 11th, 2020, 00:16
@Silencian - Found the cause. I have it fixed. Thanks for the report.

All, please see updated .pak file in first post.

Valyar
April 13th, 2020, 06:23
I have found minor bug when it comes to distributing the loot from the party sheet and coins (Thrones) assignment. I found out in my ruleset I work on and a quick check here exposed the same "feature".

The bug is related to the fact that the standard scripts that are responsible for loot distribution in CoreRPG manager_ps_loot.lua and manager_item.lua are dumping the content in the <coinother> sting node in the character sheet. This is probably because in CoreRPG there are 6 customizable coin slots and the game is playing safe if can't figure out in which slot to put the coins in.

In the ruleset, this text-box is not exposed, ergo the Thrones are not displayed. But they are in the database! :)

<coinother type="string">5 THRONES, 555 THRONES</coinother>
<coins>
<slot1>
<amount type="number">55</amount>
</slot1>
</coins>

Paul Pratt
April 13th, 2020, 15:23
@Valyar,

In my campaigns db, and test db's, I don't have a "coinother" db node. 40k Doesn't have a node named "coinother". I has an "otherwealth1" field.

The ps_manager_loot uses coinother as part of an else statement to drop coins into a matching or empty slot, otherwise use the "coinother" slot for Core RPG.

Your 40k db has that node? I have no idea how that was added. Let me know if you track that down.

Agharti
April 21st, 2020, 17:55
Hi, I never used this system before. I have loaded up the module but when I check there are no items, skills or anything like this populated. Do you have to do it yourself or have I loaded something wrong?

Valyar
April 21st, 2020, 17:58
Hi, I never used this system before. I have loaded up the module but when I check there are no items, skills or anything like this populated. Do you have to do it yourself or have I loaded something wrong?

This is community ruleset - it provides the framework to play the game with a lot of automation, but the content is not licensed for Fantasy Grounds, therefore not available. You have to create manually all things you need, unfortunately.

Agharti
April 21st, 2020, 18:13
Thanks, at least I know now that all is loaded up correctly :). But as soon as I load it all up I can share it with my players?

Valyar
April 21st, 2020, 19:15
Thanks, at least I know now that all is loaded up correctly :). But as soon as I load it all up I can share it with my players?
You need to create a module and make it shareable to the players. Afterwards yes, you can share with the players. :)

Stixx925
April 22nd, 2020, 23:33
Hi i was cheking out the 40k rules sets and i noticed with UNITY i get an error on startup even if i am not using the rule set.

[4/22/2020 3:27:59 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-17)
[4/22/2020 3:27:59 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/22/2020 3:27:59 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (40K Flamer Pointer): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 9, position 47.

It worked perfectly fine in classic as far as i can tell.

Thanks

Paul Pratt
April 23rd, 2020, 02:13
It isn't compatible with Unity.

You have the extension for the 40k flamer enabled, that's the error.

Burritobizon
April 24th, 2020, 12:14
Hello,

I've created an encounter which contains around a dozen creatures, and added their placements on a grid map.
However, when i click 'Add to CT', i receive a bunch of errors, and none of my creatures appear on the map.

Image displays the predicament:

I am not sure whether this is a bug, or if i am doing something wrong.

Paul Pratt
April 25th, 2020, 02:09
I just tested on my end with an encounter of 12 and didn't have errors. Are the creatures you made NPC's?

Skrain
April 25th, 2020, 20:48
Its been about a year or so since i ran anything using this mod(its great btw). So i've forgot some things, we're playing deathwatch, is there a way to have NPC's automatically proc effects or do I have to manually activate it everytime? To be more precise I'm talking about the +20 str from wearing power armor. Also is there any easy way to include the +1 movement because of size?

Paul Pratt
April 26th, 2020, 04:50
@skrain For the Power armor there are persistent effects. Look at post one for a sample. They are entered in the gear section. For the movement, there is a + key in the movement area of the main sheet click it and override the base numbers.

Agharti
May 5th, 2020, 23:25
I would like to add all the dice to avoid going through the console. found post that refers to "gameelements.xml" but searched whole drive and cannot find this file. I am very new to this and still little bit lost. Would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

Paul Pratt
May 6th, 2020, 00:52
@Agharti,

gameelements.xml is in the ruleset. You need to find the WH40KMultisetRules.pak. Rename it to WH40KMultisetRules.zip, extract it, and in that folder the gameelements.xml exists. I striped out the die icons, you will need to check CoreRPG or another rule set that uses all the dice on the tabletop for how to name and position them.

Mewldoom
May 27th, 2020, 20:43
Hey.

One post have to be the first one….:)

Hope you can help me with a couple of questions. I am relatively new to Fantasy Grounds, and our group have tried D&D 5e a few times, but we want to give Dark Heresy v1 a shot.

1. I have built libraries for Skills and Talents, and I can see that Traits are built using the Data. Are there any automations in the Data/Traits when I drag them to a character sheet, so I have to fill in the Data Reference (fx subtype, action, benefit) in a specific way, or it doesn't matter?
2. Is there a best practice concerning how you build you libraries? Do you have one library with all the Skills, Talents, Traits ect, or do you make one for each?
3. And a question related to my low English level. There are four fields in the character sheet for Talents. What kind of Talents belong in the different fields?

Paul Pratt
May 27th, 2020, 23:00
@Mewldoom,

1. There is no automation for Traits/Data. When you drag and drop on to the specific field types they simply will provide a shortcut to your library entry. They will fill out the title as well. So when creating data entries for corruption, dropping them onto a line in the corruption list will add the shortcut and fill in the name. Nothing more. I didn't go further since their is no copyright, if I could make and distribute the libraries then it would be worth the time to add more automation.
2. I have one library for each Talent, Skill, Psi abilities. These have specific categories and libraries. The Data library is the catch all for Traits, Corruption, Mutation, etc. that the various rulesets have. When you use the data library, fill in the category - Home World, Traits, Mutations, etc. That way your can filter your data library easily.
3. Since this ruleset covers 6 different games, I needed the fields for the other games. DHv1 doesn't use them. You can add whatever info you want. The entries are: Prerequisites, Category, Aptitude 1, Aptitude 2, Alignment. The later games like Only War use Category, Aptitude 1, Aptitude 2. You can leave them blank or add a "-" to them so players know they are not needed.

Hope that helps.

Mewldoom
May 28th, 2020, 22:12
Hey Paul.

Thanks for the answer, that helped.
And It seem to be a very nice ruleset you have made...:)

DedoBozhe
May 29th, 2020, 12:25
First off, great work on this ruleset.

I have a question though: Is there a way to automate the aptitude check? I can see that the skills have aptitude requirements, but I can't seem to find where to list the character's aptitudes.

Paul Pratt
May 29th, 2020, 16:50
@DedoBozhe,

There isn't really much I could do for automating Aptitudes. Aptitudes are used for both skills and talents, and are determined during character generation. Without being able to create the libraries and control the format, I wouldn't be able to check a specific field to match another without a lot of guess work and potential errors. Secondly, a player could still add the skill/talent at a higher cost to their sheet. That would entail an experience system for more automation and limit house rules.

The place to record what aptitudes a PC has - "Skill Notes" on the skill tab, "Other Abilities" on the Talent tab, or even the Notes tab.

DedoBozhe
May 29th, 2020, 16:56
I thought as much, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something :)

Again, thanks for this ruleset, it'll make gaming easier for my group.

Celtaidd
June 10th, 2020, 00:48
Hi, we're checking this ruleset with a friend to movre from Roll20 to Fantasy Ground and we discovered a bug (we are using fg version 3.3.10).
Everything seems to work fine but when we try to add npcs to the CT, we are having the following error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua]:449 attempt to call field 'getCombatantNodes' (a nil value) and it doesn't add the npc to the tracker.
Thank you for this ruleset btw, it seems really great and you seemed to have worked a lot on it

Paul Pratt
June 10th, 2020, 05:39
Let me check this out. I will have it sorted as quick as possible.

Paul Pratt
June 11th, 2020, 17:13
@Celtaidd,

I can't recreate this error. Can you walk me thru the steps? A screen shot if possible? I have created multiple new campaigns, created NPC's and PC's and can not recreate. Are you using the latest download from the first post in this thread?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I would like to solve the issue but need some help tracking it down. Things on my end are working as expected.

Paul Pratt
June 11th, 2020, 17:14
While tracking down the issue above, I did not a an error that could happen when creating an effect in the main tab of the NPC sheet. It was a small error that did not effect play, but I have fixed it. A new .pak file is posted.

Celtaidd
June 12th, 2020, 21:31
I've created a new campaign, using only your extensions
I've loaded the extensions (and some map packs)
I've created a NPC with a name and, stats to 30 and a token (nothing more)
When I try to drag the npc into the Combat Tracker I have exactly this message (I just saw that there was other warnings I hadn't seen previously (most surely missed them)

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:12: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:26: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:449: attempt to call field 'getCombatantNodes' (a nil value)

The last line of the error is the only one repeating when I try to drag the npc again in the CT
By being a dev too, I know how horrible it can be to debug something that miraculously doesn't bug on your side. So glhf xD

edit: I tried to use the encounter way to put it in the CT, it doesn't work too (as I expected) but I can drop it in the encounter (if that helps you in any way)
edit 2: I can affirm that my friend is having the exact same problem while trying to use your ruleset

Paul Pratt
June 13th, 2020, 02:32
Are you using FGU or FGC... Unity or Classic? This ruleset is only compatible with classic currently.

I ask because the first 2 errors aren't related to the ruleset, they are from CoreRPG. Once they are throw, the third error makes sense and will persist. I will check and see if there was a CoreRPG update that created this.

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2020, 03:20
Also, make sure you do not have any subfolders expanded under your rulesets directory that would override the downloaded versions.

Regards,
JPG

Celtaidd
June 13th, 2020, 12:15
I don't have any subfoler under my ruleset directory and I'm using Classic, not Unity. Also, my CoreRPG is up to date so it is possible that it comes from there.

Paul Pratt
June 13th, 2020, 17:14
@Celtaidd,

I updated CoreRPG, downloaded the .pak file from the first post here and still can't recreate this. I spent about 3 hours debugging the calls and can't see where, or why this is failing for you. I will ask this, redownload the .pak from the first post, create a new campaign, use no extensions or modules, and let me know the results.

@40k users, is anyone else seeing this issue? Anyone willing to create a test campaign and see if a new campaign throws an error? I need some help here. I would like to resolve the issue, but I am stumped right now.

Celtaidd
June 14th, 2020, 00:41
I've completely redownloaded everything and cleared what wasn't needed (and my friend too) and it seems to work now when using no extension or only yours. I'm very sorry for making you waste time on this -_-.

Blue Haven
June 18th, 2020, 14:28
Thank you once again for your support Paul :)
Stay Safe friend :)

Jackeyblob
June 28th, 2020, 13:23
Absolutely love this ruleset, been a huge lifesaver for me and my group in terms of automation.

One question however, in the Deathwatch Ruleset, it states that a Chainfist/Powerfist only increases the multiplication of Unnatural Strength by one step (X2 to X3) but when I have a character with Unnatural Strength using an item ticked with the Powerfist Weapon type, it doubles it (to X4). Is this intentional?

Thanks again for all your work, absolutely brilliant.

Paul Pratt
June 28th, 2020, 19:18
Can I get more information? What are the numbers in the roll?

For instance when I test: I have checked that I am using Deathwatch Unnatural Characteristics rules in the rules option button. Set up a Space Marine with 44 STR and made sure the unnatural characteristic is set to 2 to represent 1 level of Unnatural Strength (default is 1 for DW). I have effects set with STR:20 ;STRB:2 (representing the bonus for power armor). Made a power-fist using 2d10 as damage and checked the power fist button.

When I roll the damage the modifier is total +14. Base 4 then x 2 for Unnatural, Power fist +1 step (or x3) for 12, then Bonus from effect +2, for a total of 14.

Jackeyblob
June 28th, 2020, 20:37
I did a Marine without Power Armour just for the ease of less modifiers:

Strength 40
Unnatural Strength set to 2 for a total SB of 8
That means that a Power Fist should have a total damage modifier of 12 (SB*3) as the Power Fist only increases the Unnatural Characteristic by one step.

Instead it's providing me with a Damage Bonus of 16 which would be SB*4 which means that the Power Fist is doubling the Unnatural Bonus as opposed to increasing it by one step.

I might be inputting something terribly wrong here but I can't see it for the life of me.

Paul Pratt
June 28th, 2020, 20:58
@jakeyblob, no it's actually not quadrupled, it is figuring Base 4 x 2 for 8. Power fist x2 for 16. It was taking the entire base and doubling. What's funny is that was a very old calculation error I had, was a year ago. I must have bundled something terribly wrong this last update.

I posted a new .pak. It has the right files. Let me know. For Deathwatch with a Space Marine STR 40-49 and Unnatural STR to 2 you will have 12. With Power Armor on 14. **Note for power armor use a persistent gear effect -> Persistent: STR:20 ; STRB:2

If this was Black Crusade it would work out as STR 40-49 Unnatural STR 4 for base +8, Power fist x 2 for 16 +2 for the Power Armor totaling +18.

Jackeyblob
June 28th, 2020, 21:12
It's working perfectly mate, thanks so much. The support you give for this Ruleset is amazing to be honest.

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:26
@PaulPratt,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

Agharti
July 8th, 2020, 19:28
Any chance you can tell me please why there are 4 advances ticks for characteristics on DH2 XP tab while the character sheet from rulebook has 5? Have I missed some trick?

Also is there any way to edit the default skill list so I can add a description?

Thanks

Paul Pratt
July 8th, 2020, 20:59
@Agharti, there are only 4 advance ticks for DH2 since the other 5 games only use 4. The ruleset isn't specific, so I had some things that won't be quite perfect. The last advance we modified the base score to make the stat correct, and just made a note in the notes section.

The description for skills are in the shortcuts. You need to build a skill library module, then drop your links from that module on the skill. I couldn't include anything like that due to copyright.

Agharti
July 8th, 2020, 21:38
is there anywhere I can edit those skills so I won't have to drag and link on every character? I have built my skill library and works fine with advanced skills which you have to drag and drop individually but I wonder if anything can be done about the default ones.

Paul Pratt
July 9th, 2020, 17:57
@Agharti,

What are you wanting to do? Adjust the skill names? The list of basic skills is the list from DH2. The only way to add a description to basic or advanced skills is to add library links. Once dropped on a character they will persist.

Jackeyblob
July 23rd, 2020, 22:22
Hey, I've noticed that Hordes, when damaged on the Combat Tracker, don't reflect that damage on their character sheet.

When a 30 Magnitude Horde has taken 20 points of damage, it is still rolling the bonus 2D10 damage as though it were on full hit-points and I have to open up the monster sheet manually and add the damage in. Is this the intended methord or am I doing something stupid?

Paul Pratt
July 24th, 2020, 03:40
@Jackeyblob, let me look into this. I may have broken something and not even realized it.

Paul Pratt
July 24th, 2020, 03:53
Found the issue and fixed it. Let me know if there are any problems.

New .pak posted to the first post in the thread fixing the issue with the CT and Horde sheet Damage taken not being linked.

Jackeyblob
July 24th, 2020, 13:55
Thanks man, I cannot state how much I appreciate how quickly you resolve these issues.

Flamewielder
August 8th, 2020, 05:27
Hi Paul! the new Fantasy Grounds 3.3.11 patch is causing a script error when you attempt to roll weapon damage. Targeting and hit rolls, skill and ability checks work correctly. :)

Paul Pratt
August 8th, 2020, 05:44
Oh, I didn't know about 3.3.11 let me look into this right away!

Paul Pratt
August 8th, 2020, 06:01
Flamewielder,

I have the changes for 3.3.11 complete, there wasn't anything that should throw an error for damage.

What is the error you are getting? I have no errors in damage rolls. If you can please give me the text of that error. Also, if you any NPC's or PC's with a blank name for a talent, that may be the source of the error, it's related to checking for True Grit talent. I think I have it fixed, but it only occurs if there are only blank name fields in the talent list.
The second reason for a damage roll error could be when dropping a new weapon into the list or inventory and then trying to roll a damage roll. If the weapon details page wasn't opened and set up, the roll lacks the needed info to finish.

Let me know, so I can try to grab that in this round of updates.

Jackeyblob
August 17th, 2020, 23:30
Would it be possible to increase the number of wounds on NPC sheets. Currently it is capped at 100 whereas a lot of monsters go well beyond that in Deathwatch. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a reason why it can't be done and it is fine keeping manual track, but the ability to list the correct number of wounds would be great.

Paul Pratt
August 18th, 2020, 03:04
You can if you use middle wheel scroll over the number. Typing max is 100. Visually the dots will overlap the fields below, but you can do it.

Jackeyblob
August 18th, 2020, 13:53
Ohhh, well there's me being a fool. Thanks mate :)

Paul Pratt
August 18th, 2020, 16:02
Oh no fool, it's not a "feature" or meant to be that way...just something I could never close the loop on while allowing middle mouse wheel. In fact, I didn't know about that for a long time!

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2020, 07:20
OK, new .pak up. Changes for FG 3.3.11b and first pass at FGU compatibility.

**Back up your campaigns. There are two areas where data points have changed. The notes page for player characters - Notes, Background notes, and Campaign notes; Mastered Skill notes area on the Skills tab; finally the NPC sheet Talent effects. These will be blank in your existing campaigns.
**Note: In FGU the Proven/Tearing weapon Quality is displaying an incorrect Total for the damage. The damage is being calculated and applied to the target correctly. Working to resolve the display issue, since it is graphical and not impacting play I have released the ruleset with Proven/Tearing as an active feature.
Specifically, it's the roll total that may not be correct. It displays the correct die/dice used and modifier, even displays the correct die amount for Proven or Tearing. It's the "total" of the roll that is incorrect. Just in that white bubble display when you first roll. The automation report (orange text) is correct.

Try it out, let me know if there are issues.

Valyar
August 24th, 2020, 07:21
Sweet! :)

PS: Any thoughts on the new W&G by Cubicle 7?

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2020, 08:01
I don't have a copy of the C7 revision. I see that the .pdf is out, I didn't know that. I will have to pick it up and see if they fixed it. I am mulling over a major graphics and character sheet overhaul. This may be the spur to finish it.

Here's an unfinished sample of the character sheet frame.

Valyar
August 24th, 2020, 08:11
I like the new character sheet frame! :)
Do you plan to make the new graphics delivered as extension or part of the ruleset?

Paul Pratt
August 24th, 2020, 08:42
It is such a radical reformatting of the entire set. I layered this on CoreRPG, but have continued to step away from it graphically or make compromises graphically to adhere to CoreRPG. It's more maintenance in the end, but I think it will become the base ruleset graphics.

Jackeyblob
August 27th, 2020, 14:54
The Unity appears to be working really well for a first draft at compatability, so well done there. One thing I've noticed though in both versions is that I cannot drag Ship Components from Items into the Ship Sheet itself. The Component Section appears to be made from Data Entries as opposed to Items and I was wondering if this was the intent?

Paul Pratt
August 27th, 2020, 16:17
Yes, the components where made as data not items. I made ship weapons, and ship craft as items. They will auto populate the fields for their lists when dropped.
For the components, they are more like talents, so I made the data to reduce the amount of individual libraries in the ruleset.

Something to note in FGU: Tearing and Proven - the white box that lists the die roll can display incorrect data, the actual reported (orange text) damage applied to an NPC or PC is correct though. Specifically, it's the roll total that may not be correct. It displays the correct die/dice used and modifier, even displays the correct die amount for Proven or Tearing. It's the "total" of the roll that is incorrect. Just in that white bubble display when you first roll. The automation report (orange text) is correct.

Jackeyblob
August 27th, 2020, 18:30
Ah, that makes sense, and thanks for replying so quickly.

Good to know regarding the automated damage dice as well, would probably have caused me some hair tearing moments trying to figure out why the damage was displaying differently ;)

Jackeyblob
August 30th, 2020, 01:54
Just as a heads up, Persistent Effects aren't auto-applying to NPC's when they get dragged into the Combat Tracker for the Unity system. Other than that, not had a single problem so far so great work.

Paul Pratt
August 30th, 2020, 08:01
I will look into this one.

Paul Pratt
August 30th, 2020, 08:20
OK, found the issue with the NPC persistent effects, I have it working again. I want to test it to make sure and will post a new .pak sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the report on this.

Paul Pratt
August 30th, 2020, 17:51
New .pak file uploaded to the first post in this thread. Contains the fix for the NPC persistent effects.

Jackeyblob
August 30th, 2020, 23:36
Awesome mate, thanks. I'll let you know if I spot anthing else but so far, all's sailing smoothly.

Jackeyblob
September 8th, 2020, 03:15
Hi there

Found a couple of things so far. Right now whenever I have one of the Force Field Effects on someone, when I roll to hit it comes up with the following Error "Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:544: attempt to index local "rRoll" (a nil value)

And the True Grit Talent doesn't seem to be automatically taking effect as it used to. I'm currently trying it on a Deathwatch Character Sheet. I've made two versions of the Talent, one spelt with a space and one without and there's been no luck so far.

Still pretty much seamless so far, those two issues are easily worked around anyway so thanks for all your work.

Paul Pratt
September 8th, 2020, 05:14
Thanks for the reports. I have a fix in for both issues and will post an updated .pak when I clean up some other items I am working on. Should only be a day or so.

For True Grit, the issue currently is the list and blank entries. Remove any blank lines from the talent list and it should work. The blanks are causing the issue. The usage is True Grit.

Jackeyblob
September 8th, 2020, 18:10
I didn't have any blank lines with the Talents section is my issue. After digging around some more, the True Grit effect worked up until I added 5 Talents to the Talent list on the Deathwatch Sheet. The moment I did that the True Grit talent stopped working entirely.

Edit: I tried it with True Grit at the top of the list, tried it with True Grit at the bottom of the list, each time I added a 5th Talent it stopped working. I've tried with fully made characters and with blank character sheets and it really seems to be the moment you break Five talents, it stops working.

Paul Pratt
September 9th, 2020, 03:09
I will look into that. Thanks for the report.

Paul Pratt
September 11th, 2020, 08:17
I think I found the issue with True Grit in FGU. I need to test a bit more and make sure it still works for FGC. I should have an updated .pak out by the weekend.