PDA

View Full Version : Error Message on Open of the Campaign

Baron28
September 20th, 2017, 02:10
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_5E.lua"]:7: attempt to call field 'registerEffectVar' (a nil value)

Trenloe
September 20th, 2017, 02:14
Sounds like you have the 5E player removed effect extension enabled. This is not compatible with FG v3.3.2 and is actually no longer required as players can remove effects from the CT.

Reminder to all: always check for compatible extensions when you have script errors - especially after doing an update!

Baron28
September 20th, 2017, 04:29
Thanks. We started to remove extensions and figured out that was the issue.

Baron28
September 20th, 2017, 04:33
Dumb question. How do players remove effects from the CT without the extension loaded?

LordEntrails
September 20th, 2017, 04:52
Dumb question. How do players remove effects from the CT without the extension loaded?
I think they can use the same method as before. They might also have the ability to select it on the CT as well.

Moon Wizard
September 20th, 2017, 05:19
They remove the effects directly in the combat tracker, similar to how a GM removes effects.

Regards,
JPG

kylania
September 20th, 2017, 05:24
Ha, yeah, I ran into that issue this evening too.

poppy_thompson
September 21st, 2017, 01:36
When is the forum page for the extensions updated? I visited the 5E Community extension page as well as the specific 5E Player Effect Removal extension page. It is still listed as compatible. I removed it as per this forum, but I have other extensions that I would like to check without opening and closing FG repeatedly trying to test them individually.

Sounds like you have the 5E player removed effect extension enabled. This is not compatible with FG v3.3.2 and is actually no longer required as players can remove effects from the CT.

Reminder to all: always check for compatible extensions when you have script errors - especially after doing an update!

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 08:19
When is the forum page for the extensions updated? I visited the 5E Community extension page as well as the specific 5E Player Effect Removal extension page.
Check the version that is listed as compatible - is it still showing an old FG version?

It takes time for community developers to check and update extensions. Assume that if an extension thread doesn't say it is compatible with v3.3.2 then it is probably not compatible.