PDA

View Full Version : can someone make this char sheet for fg?

freckle_smoker
February 17th, 2006, 03:40
https://www.sunrainstudios.com/download/count.php?id=A3 . Also are their any good tutorials on how to make character sheets for fg?I would also like a sheet that has a place to put spell/psionic explanations(what the spell does) on the sheet. Thanks for any replies .

bobthebuilder
February 17th, 2006, 10:18
There is no tutorial that shows how to create custom character record sheets. I suggest that the developers should make one, otherwise only people good at xml will be able to create their own sheets, thus leaving out the many others (me included) who aren't xml experts.

Crusader
February 17th, 2006, 11:36
Not at all - I had never worked with XML before I did the ruleset I'm using. I'd seen it before but the thing you have to be aware with when it comes to XML is that it is specific to the application, so if you've worked with XML before it doesn't really give you anything for free - you still have to examine the XML-code that FG uses and figure out which code does what.

Having said that, I think that someone was working on a tutorial for creating custom rulesets... was it Zane_Marlowe?

bobthebuilder
February 17th, 2006, 14:30
...the thing you have to be aware with when it comes to XML is that it is specific to the application, so if you've worked with XML before it doesn't really give you anything for free - you still have to examine the XML-code that FG uses and figure out which code does what.

...which makes customising the ruleset and/or character sheets even more complicated; not only do you have to be able to understand and use xml, but you also have to figure out how it works with the FG program. It would be easier with a tutorial from the developers.

kalmarjan
February 17th, 2006, 22:13
This looks like a huge sheet, with a lot of information on it. I could give it a go, but things are crazy at work right now. Perhaps in a couple of weeks...

Sandeman

hedgewizard
February 17th, 2006, 23:06
HOLY SMOKES! I thought the one I was working on for WFRP was bad - this would be insane! Look at all the lines/boxes/spaces!!

That is a nice comprehensive sheet - if I still played d20 DnD I would be tempted to incorporate it.

Good luck to any and all who decide to embark on this one!

Sigurd
February 21st, 2006, 09:26
This is a nice sheet, for paper.

In FG you'd have to window it or give up your whole screen to look at it.
Far better to come up with child sheets that open when you click on regions of a smaller (overall) sheet.

Of course I'm most certainly wrong and you should make it, circulate it and embarrass me.

good luck.

Sigurd

freckle_smoker
February 21st, 2006, 17:29
I agree with You whole heartedly sigurd , A creator would have to make it with child sheets . am I correct that in order to make a sheet like this one work would make screenshots and then post the coordinates in a xml program ?

Toadwart
February 21st, 2006, 19:16
I agree with You whole heartedly sigurd , A creator would have to make it with child sheets . am I correct that in order to make a sheet like this one work would make screenshots and then post the coordinates in a xml program ?

That's pretty much it. Design the individual sheets as png images (using the screenshots as-is might not work too well as the text is pretty small) then set up the xml file (as-per the charsheet.xml) that defines the various fields, where they appear on the sheets, and the areas for 'tabs' and buttons (like the mini-sheet buttons)
The hardest part is figuring out what is possible and what is not.
I'd like to help build the sheet but have my hands pretty full with other projects for the foreseeable future.