PDA

View Full Version : 3.3.2 allowed library modules

Eru the One
September 19th, 2017, 21:07
While playing 5e & Savage Worlds today, I noticed that even though the GM didn't own several books that I owned, I was able to open them and use them, drop items/feats/etc. This was not the behavior before 3.3.2 and I couldn't find this change in the notes. My only concern is that if I'm GMing and don't have the book the player has, they can add stuff to their sheet that I might not want in my home game. I haven't tried PF, but 5e/Savage Worlds have this behavior, so it might be a CoreRPG+ thing.

LordEntrails
September 19th, 2017, 21:25
I also don't see it in the patch notes. But I think it was discussed recently (last few months) as such capability being changed or enhanced. Don't think this is intended behavior.

I assume you have reproduced in a new campaign with no extensions? (though I don't think either of those should matter, always a good practice)

Moon Wizard
September 19th, 2017, 21:48
That's correct. A player can now access any modules which have not been blocked by the GM. Any GM specific modules are blocked by default.

The GM has control over whether modules only owned by players can be used in their campaign, as those modules will have an entry in the Library->Modules window where the GM can block activation.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
September 19th, 2017, 22:29
When are the modules added to the Module Activation window, when each player joins?

Moon Wizard
September 21st, 2017, 00:25
I was looking this up to be sure, and realized it's not working as expected. It should be added to GM window when the player connects. I'm going to put out a hot fix in the next day or so. Just going to wait a short bit in case anything else pops up.

Cheers,
JPG

Eru the One
September 21st, 2017, 02:48
Thanks Moon!