PDA

View Full Version : FG crashing after sharing maps

D34thbr1ng3r
September 17th, 2017, 00:54
Hello everyone, I DMing for some 10-15 sessions for a STK dnd5e and since last week, all my players are having trouble to connect or crashings during the session, specially if I share a new image or map.
Does anyone knows this issues?

Andraax
September 17th, 2017, 01:46
Memory problems? Too large a map? Too many tokens?

Not enough info to diagnose.

Talyn
September 17th, 2017, 01:59
Let us know everything you have shared, but honestly sharing too much is almost always the cause of the players crashing. Especially large images. If you have battlemaps from previous encounters, unshare them once the encounter is over. Don't share GM modules at all. Too many tokens in your /shared/ folder is always bad because tokens get loaded into memory whether they are being used or not.

D34thbr1ng3r
September 17th, 2017, 02:31
Let us know everything you have shared, but honestly sharing too much is almost always the cause of the players crashing. Especially large images. If you have battlemaps from previous encounters, unshare them once the encounter is over. Don't share GM modules at all. Too many tokens in your /shared/ folder is always bad because tokens get loaded into memory whether they are being used or not.
Ok, but a noob question, how od I unshare? I already shared more than 20 maps...

Andraax
September 17th, 2017, 02:40
On the list of images, there is a "P" within a circle (or "S" if only shared with a few players). Click on the "P" or "S" and it will un-share it.

LordEntrails
September 17th, 2017, 03:20
Also as best practice when you create/add your own images and maps, keep them to less than 1mb file size and less than 2048x2048 in pixel size.

D34thbr1ng3r
September 17th, 2017, 03:34
On the list of images, there is a "P" within a circle (or "S" if only shared with a few players). Click on the "P" or "S" and it will un-share it.

nice, thx!