PDA

View Full Version : Party Sheet Question #2

Paul Pratt
September 16th, 2017, 21:49
I want to make portions of the party sheet available for player edits. Specifically the watch order, and some information on a new tab I am working on.

The new tab functions from the GM side as intended, however no fields can be modified by the client side.

I have been scouring the .xml and .lua files for the party sheet, and it is just not visible to me where in them the client is not allowed to make edits.

I see the drag and drop, and links are host only; I have added player control to certain fields in the .xml, yet nothing seems to work.

I am missing something, anyone familiar with the party sheet?

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2017, 21:55
I don't believe that the players get to do anything like that. They can drag an drop things into and out of the party sheet but beyond that everything is DM controlled.

Paul Pratt
September 16th, 2017, 22:02
The players can move the tokens on the marching order map. That leads me to believe somewhere, I can set a few fields to player control. If I could find what's forcing GM only control, or host side control I could tweak it. Been a day on it, losing my mind... one of the last things to finish up before I release an updated 40k ruleset.

Moon Wizard
September 17th, 2017, 00:11
Data fields can only be owned and edited by one player at a time. Tokens are a special case.

If you want to make a sheet that everyone can edit, the only way I can think to workaround is to create special non-data-bound fields (stringcontrol, numbercontrol, etc) that read the standard party sheet fields on load and that trigger OOB messages sent to GM when changed (i.e. OnLoseFocus) that in turn are handled by GM machine to set the party sheet data fields.

Regards,
JPG

Paul Pratt
September 17th, 2017, 06:17
Thanks Moon. That's interesting. I will give it a shot.