PDA

View Full Version : 3.5, pathfinder and forgotten realms help

Alucair
September 13th, 2017, 13:41
Hello everyone, hope you are well.

I wanted to ask a few questions. I have started out a campaign for fifth edition Dungeons and dragons, but I can't help but gaze longingly at the intricate details of 3.5 and wishing I had that back.

Is it possible to get fantasy ground modules of 3.5e off the store?

If no, is pathfinder and 3.5 interchangeable.?

If I were to gorge on pathfinder books, could I create a campaign in the forgotten realms?

Thanks for your time, have an epic day!

Talyn
September 13th, 2017, 13:48
Wizards of the Coast only licensed 5E so we'll never see any official 3E-4E material from them. Pathfinder is, for all intents and purposes, 3.75E with a couple changes of skills and balancing. You'd be on your own migrating the actual Forgotten Realms content into Fantasy Grounds but it's totally compatible with the 3.5E content.

Alucair
September 13th, 2017, 14:15
Thanks for response Talyn, hope weather isn't too bad!

LordEntrails
September 13th, 2017, 16:17
And welcome to the forums :)

Talen
September 13th, 2017, 16:33
May just be an academic point, but i thought Smiteworks had rights to all editions and that we didnt see others in FG because of the logistics (available programers) and economics (belief and likely reality they wouldnt sell as much). Am i mistaken?

Talyn
September 13th, 2017, 16:37
No, previous content was OGL only. 5E is the only thing WotC has licensed (Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, d20Pro). That applies to DMsGuild too, we can't even do Eberron material because that isn't an "official" 5E setting.

Talen
September 13th, 2017, 19:56
Good to know, thanks for the clarification.