PDA

View Full Version : Pure VPN Heads Up

Gwydion
September 12th, 2017, 23:03
Good afternoon, all. Just a heads up that I believe PureVPN is having an issue today with their dedicated ip addresses for US folks. I was having problems this morning and tried troubleshooting but finally opened a support ticket around 8 hrs ago. I received an email back shortly thereafter stating they were having some time of issue with their US dedicated ip address. I'm not clear if it is just for mine or if it is a broad issue. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone is planning to use their PureVPN dedicated ip tonight and ran into issues. I'll post back when they tell me it is resolved and I have tested it.

Gwydion
September 13th, 2017, 13:36
Quick update. I emailed to follow up on the status last night around 5:00 pm MT and I received a prompt email back that they were still working the issue and to be patient. I have not had time to check this morning to see if its back up but when I have time I will let everyone know.

Also, this definitely isn't intended to bash PureVPN. This is literally the first issue I've ever had with their dedicated ip address product since I purchased it about 6 mos ago. Just wanted to help someone else avoid aggravation of troubleshooting themselves (which I did for an hour and a half yesterday morning) if it is a broad issue. Will keep you posted.

Gwydion
September 13th, 2017, 19:03
Ok. So I finally decided to jump on live chat and I essentially received a canned response similar to what I received from their support team which said they were having issues and their very senior team was working on it. However, they did add a crucial piece of information in live chat and that was that it was "weather related" and they were having problems with their US datacenter. So, I suspect that their issues are related to the hurricane.

I was polite and told them if that was the case I COMPLETELY understand! Not having access to VPN for a few days can't in any way, shape or form be compared to what people are going through in Florida and Houston. I mean I can't even imagine being without a home, food, water, etc.. I feel horrible now even being upset that the service is down!

However, I did give them feedback that it would be very helpful if they were proactive in contacting folks affected through a mass email, a post on their website, twitter or something as I imagine they are being inundated right now with questions on the service. I checked everywhere I could for some word before contacting them again and didn't find any postings. It never crossed my mind that their datacenter was in an area that was hit by the hurricane.

So, I'll post again when I receive confirmation that the dedicated ip service is back up. (To be clear, I'm still not sure how widespread the dedicated ip issue is. For all I know it is a small number of accounts).

Gwydion
September 14th, 2017, 02:19
Final update! I just tried to log on and it looks like the dedicated ip for PureVPN is back up....

daggerfortysix
September 25th, 2017, 13:43
Hey Gwydion - I am going to do purchase the PureVPN because I travel often. When selecting the dedicated IP, do I need the DDoS Protection and NAT Firewall?

Gwydion
September 25th, 2017, 14:10
Hey daggerfortysix. I apologize for not knowing this answer. Everything I know has been trial and error and listening to others! I did not change any of the defaults with the dedicated ip address so whatever it defaults to is what I use. Hope that helps.

daggerfortysix
September 25th, 2017, 14:12
Sounds good. I'll just get it all and use the defaults as well. Thanks!

Gwydion
September 25th, 2017, 14:28
Sounds good. I'll just get it all and use the defaults as well. Thanks!

Just to be clear, if the NAT firewall and DDoS were add'l costs to add I did not add them.

daggerfortysix
September 25th, 2017, 14:54
I did do those add ons, and everything seems to be working smoothly. As much travel as I do, the added protection may be worth.

Gwydion
September 25th, 2017, 14:55
I did do those add ons, and everything seems to be working smoothly. As much travel as I do, the added protection may be worth.

Excellent!