PDA

View Full Version : Prepared spells

Manolo Warrior
September 12th, 2017, 15:53
Hello.
I´m creating a cleric lvl1 and never played a cleric before. At the start of the game,are the spells prepared or need to do a first long rest?

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2017, 16:09
You start with your spells prepared. It's assumed that before you started your adventuring career you had a good night's sleep :)

Manolo Warrior
September 12th, 2017, 17:00
Thanks.What is the function of that tick next to every spell on the left?

LordEntrails
September 12th, 2017, 17:08
Thanks.What is the function of that tick next to every spell on the left?

That indicates that the spell is prepared. See the wiki article; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet

leozelig
September 13th, 2017, 00:56
I personally find this a little confusing. As I recall, if you want the 'Combat' mode to work so that only your prepared spells show, you need to enter a number >0 for # prepared in the group details, and then tick off the little circle in 'Preparation' mode. Here is the relevant section from the wiki...

Whilst in preparation mode note that there is a small check-box beside each spell (except Cantrips). By checking these boxes the player can determine which spells she will prepare.

When the Mode is now changed to 'Combat' a star symbol will show next to prepared spells. Additionally if a number has been entered into the spells prepared meta data section of the spell power group any unprepared spells will be hidden.

If the player has entered a 'prepared' number in the Spell Power Group then when she uses her last spell slot all spells (except Cantrips) will be removed from the actions tab.

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2017, 10:41
That's correct. So what's confusing you about that?

RocketDad
September 13th, 2017, 14:11
For Clerics it is quite simple. I have the clerics in my games copy ALL of the cleric spells into their actions section of the character sheet. They then use the "Prepared" mode to tick the circle next to the spells they want to have prepared. When they switch over to "Combat", only the spells the have selected as prepared will show up on the list. It is up to the player to know how many spells they can select as prepared and manage it properly.

leozelig
September 13th, 2017, 21:54
That's correct. So what's confusing you about that?

I should say it wasn't obvious to me, but then again, I didn't read the wiki :p

Once you figure it out, it's not confusing at all.