PDA

View Full Version : Ships in Pathfinder

dellanx
September 11th, 2017, 23:31
Are there any good information on ships and ship templates? Is it possible to do this in FG?

Thanks!

Ken L
September 12th, 2017, 01:43
Yes, there's extensive detail on ship combat in the S&S adventure path as well as in the game mastery guide (full information).

Edit in regards to ship templates in FG, I think you can use the vehicle template.

dellanx
September 12th, 2017, 03:20
Thanks Ken L!

dellanx
September 16th, 2017, 17:56
Has anyone here ever tried this? It seems one would need multiple battle maps?

LordEntrails
September 16th, 2017, 18:13
Has anyone here ever tried this? It seems one would need multiple battle maps?
No, but... :)

If you are talking multiple levels of a ship, I would recommend you put them all on one image, that way people can target and move tokens around the ship without having to have the GM move tokens between maps etc.

If you mean moving multiple ships around relative to each other, I would try the Enhanced Layers Extension and create each ship as a token.

Or maybe you mean something else?

dellanx
September 17th, 2017, 02:53
I am having problems with Enhanced Layers Extension, the grid size changes as one zooms and and out, at least on my PC. I will take a screenshot when I have time.

LordEntrails
September 17th, 2017, 03:34
I am having problems with Enhanced Layers Extension, the grid size changes as one zooms and and out, at least on my PC. I will take a screenshot when I have time.
When you get a chance to test further, make sure you disable all other extensions for testing etc. Also it is always best to post such reports in the extension thread itself, since that's where the extension developer will be looking.

dellanx
September 17th, 2017, 03:39
Thanks will do.

thebwt
September 17th, 2017, 17:55
Ultimate Combat actually has expanded rules for what S&S started (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/ultimateCombatVehicles.html).
And the npc character sheet in FG supports those rules (see the vehicle box at the bottom of the NPC sheet).
https://i.imgur.com/vR4traZ.png

The idea would be to have an ocean map with ships on it, but not a giant map with ships moving and players moving. (this could be done, but effort/reward when it doesn't help actually run the combat)