PDA

View Full Version : Resetting modules

kreutzkevic
September 11th, 2017, 13:52
Hi people,

I would like to know if there's an easy way to reset an adventure module after you've played it.

For example: I've been playtesting a lot, mostly in the 5E Sample Campaign found on this forum. I've reset it every time by deleting and redownloading it.
Is there a way to reset it to its initial state? I can see it being handy for the the larger DnD 5E modules.

Cheers.

Nylanfs
September 11th, 2017, 14:01
Right click on the module and select the option I can't remember right now.

Alternately just use new campaigns for each new group.

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2017, 14:45
Yes, as Nylanfs says. In the module activation window right click on the module and select revert changes. This will reset everything to it's 'factory state' if you will. You can also reset individual entries in Story, Items etc by right clicking on those and selecting revert changes. Any Story, item etc that you change will have a little 'pen and book' icon beside it rather than just the book icon.

kreutzkevic
September 11th, 2017, 14:56
Yes, as Nylanfs says. In the module activation window right click on the module and select revert changes. This will reset everything to it's 'factory state' if you will. You can also reset individual entries in Story, Items etc by right clicking on those and selecting revert changes. Any Story, item etc that you change will have a little 'pen and book' icon beside it rather than just the book icon.

Thank you, and thank you @Nylanfs

HorribleHobgoblin
January 31st, 2022, 14:27
Hi is it possible to revert changes made to NPC's/encounters as well? When I reverted changes it just changed the text not the above

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2022, 15:26
Yes. Anything that you edit from a module you can revert.

Note that this only works if whatever you want to revert is in a module. If you look at say the NPC list from Lost Mine then you'll see a small book icon at the right of each NPC. If that icon is a book and pen then it means it has been edited. Right clicking on that NPC in the list and selecting revert changes will remove any edits and set the NPC back to what is in the module. This works for anything that is in a module, stories, images, NPCs, encounters, items etc.

If you want to change everything that's been edited then you can right click on the module and revert changes there and that will reset everything.

If, however, you make a copy of an item, NPC, encounter etc and then edit that you won't be able to revert the changes to it because by copying it you have created a new one in the campaign and the copy is no longer in the module.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'it just changed the text'; if you changed anything in an NPC in a module (Stats, attacks, hit points, traits etc) and then revert the changes every change you make will be reverted. Similarly if you edited an encounter by adding or taking away monsters or changing their position on the map reverting changes on that encounter will remove everything that you did.

If you aren't seeing this then maybe an extension you are using is interfering with the process; so make sure you test in a new campaign without extensions.