PDA

View Full Version : Add items to existing module?

hehaub
September 10th, 2017, 16:00
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my post

I have an adventure module I imported from PAR5e(MODULE 1). There was still lots to tweak for converting and cleanup, which I did in FG. After I was done with the cleanup I wanted to export the module,(to save the changes(MODULE2) So, now the issue I have is...

If the entry already existed in MODULE1, it updated within MODULE1, but was not included in MODULE2.
New entries, such as adding an encounter, were only saved in MODULE2.

So, Now I have two modules that I need to open to gain access to all the information.
I looked at the modules and thought about just adding the new sections to the original db file.
I think this should work, but I thought there must be some way to do this inside the tool.
Any advice on how to merge these together?

Zacchaeus
September 10th, 2017, 16:11
You can't export a module into a module.

You'll need to copy all the entries in the first module and then close that module down. You can now amend the entries, add new stuff etc and then export that. Generally keep one campaign for creating and amending the module and only export from that campaign.

hehaub
September 10th, 2017, 16:17
You can't export a module into a module.

You'll need to copy all the entries in the first module and then close that module down. You can now amend the entries, add new stuff etc and then export that. Generally keep one campaign for creating and amending the module and only export from that campaign.

OK, that makes perfect sense.....Now that you said it.
Thanks for the quick reply, and helpful hints!