PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Portraits in Chat Box

NeoDante
February 12th, 2006, 07:29
I think it would be a great bonus if we could get NPC and PC portratis to appear in the Dialog box when they 'talk'. Something like how Neverwinter Nights works.

Thanks.

richvalle
February 12th, 2006, 16:33
Hmmm, I don't know. That box is pretty cluttered as it is. Does anyone else think so?

rv

Bodatoda
February 12th, 2006, 17:32
What I think is that the developers read and consider all the suggestions on their boards, compile a list, and then make up their own minds as to what gets implemented.

Ram Tyr
February 12th, 2006, 17:45
My quick thoughts:

1. My initial reaction is that I wouldn't want the portraits.

2. If they do it, I'ld want it as an option.

3. Even if I end up loving the portraits in the chat box there are so many requests that seem more fundamental to enjoying a session, that I would want all of them completed first.

Of course, that being said...it's just my opinion...I didn't much like the transition to the new format on this website. Happily, links for "new posts" was added to the community page and now I've gotten used to it.

These guys try hard and I'm sure they like to hear our opinions...but they end up making up their own minds. Just see all the posts where they tell folks making a request things like, "...not going to make it into 1.06 and we're not sure when we'll get to it."
:)

Later.
Ramza

gurney9999
February 13th, 2006, 00:37
I don't know if it would be worth it or not (since it would take up an already cluttered chat window), but this would actually help me in games where I get confused with players are playing which characters. Things can get difficult when players start talking OOC and their log in names show up instead of their character names, and the two are not the same.

Toadwart
February 13th, 2006, 22:45
Might be ok but not the full blown portrait it's just too big. The mini-portrait (as shown on shared images) might be ok. Maybe in place of the character name.
Personally I'm happy with the current text based method.