PDA

View Full Version : Dark Core Theme - Accessibility for Fantasy Grounds

panveritrax
September 8th, 2017, 16:48
Hi.

As a visual impaired I need to change the colors to a high contrast theme in all software that I use. Here is my high contrast theme for Fantasy Grounds Core RPG. This will be the base for the others.

What a high contrast theme needs to do:
1) Bring bright text and symbols over dark backgrounds. I can't read text on white or bright backgrounds... black background is perfect... it's necessary for reading...
2) Reduce de brightness in general. Much light hurts my eyes...
3) Bring big fonts. Not necessary... but helps a lot...
4) Try to be beautiful yet. Afterall I can see the interface yet... =)

Think in windows high contrast with black backgrounds... that is the perfect accessibility theme for visual impaired people. This is what I try to do but preserving some look and feel of Fantasy Grounds...

Keep in mind that:
1) I'm new in Fantasy Grounds.
2) I'm not a designer.
3) The purpose of this theme is acessibility.

The theme itself is used normaly placing the .ext file on extension folder. But I don't know the best pratices for theming the laucher... and how to change some elements on it like the font of input fields. The content of laucher.zip needs to replace the laucher .pak content. For this unzip the .pak and .zip, copy the .zip content overwriting the .pak content and rezip .pak. This is how I doing...

So... here is the files.

Any coment are welcome... =)

Erin Righ
September 8th, 2017, 21:19
That looks pretty awesome, will it work with PF?

panveritrax
September 11th, 2017, 17:49
Not yet... PF needs your own theme. I will work on this after polish this core theme (the right top buttons are ugly and some icons are much dark...) and finish the Numenera and Savage Worlds themes (my primary goal to FG...). I play PF too... but I need the SW theme first...

panveritrax
September 16th, 2017, 03:15
I made some small corrections and updated the files for download...

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2017, 06:33
This is great work panveritrax.

Slalom
October 28th, 2017, 11:02
Good work.