PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Annihilation Maps

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2017, 11:24
Tomb of Annihilation is out, I hear you say. Are there enough maps, I hear you say. There are never enough maps, I say.

So we have Zacchaeus' ToA map module. This module contains some additional maps drawn up for use with Tomb of Annihilation. There are a couple of maps drawn for use with specific encounters in mind - Dinosaur Racing for example - but generally they were drawn up for use with the potentially many random encounters. The maps therefore cover various terrain types, such as ruins, wasteland, rivers, beaches and of course jungles. Each has an FG grid already drawn on it at 50px size.

To use the maps download from the attachment to this post and place the module into your modules folder and then activate it within FG as normal.

The module will be accessible in any CoreRPG based ruleset so they can be used for any other games too.

rob2e
September 8th, 2017, 12:08
Cheers! These are fantastic. I own CC3+ but I don't know how to do THAT! Man. NICE WORK!

Gwydion
September 8th, 2017, 13:05
Awesome! Thanks for having this out so quickly!

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2017, 13:10
Thanks! Very nice of you (as always!)

edem
September 8th, 2017, 13:25
They look really good! Some nitpicking:
- The map "Camp---Day" has three hyphens in its name, while the others only use one.
- The maps Jungle-Two, Ruins-Three does not have a set grid, is that intentional?
- Is there any specific reason for the race map to go from right to left? (Haven't read the module yet of course.) Makes my brain strain a bit, it would seem more logical to go from left to right.

And my personal thought, but not an "issue", just an opinion: I would really love to see larger maps in general. A lot of characters have powers and weapons with ranges of 100-200 feet, having a random encounter stuck into a 60x60' area feels somewhat limiting.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2017, 13:36
Oops missed the grids off those two. Photoshop applies all those extra hyphens; I usualy rename but clearly missed that one. Right to left is more logical for me, so I guess that's just preference.

The maps are all 120' x80' which translates to 1200x800 pixels and I find that is about right for most random encounters and keeps the maps small enough to fit onto most screens without scrolling. If you want them bigger then just draw a 25' or 20' grid on them.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2017, 15:52
Very nice work!

Teufelhunde87
September 8th, 2017, 16:24
Very Nice! Thanks for you efforts!

Thegroo
September 9th, 2017, 01:40
Thank you

NotRussellCrowe
September 9th, 2017, 12:18
Love the dino racing map, very nice! Thanks for sharing these, Zacchaeus!!!

Wintermute
December 5th, 2017, 04:44
Zacchaeus, just wanted to say thanks for doing these. The group has commented several times about the quality of the maps. Thanks and job well done.

mlesnews
January 9th, 2018, 21:00
Thank you kindly sir!

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2018, 22:07
Jolly good; glad they are of some use.

Patou
January 10th, 2018, 02:16
Awesome stuff!

Ghostwheel
May 11th, 2018, 01:12
Thanks so much, Zacchaeus. Great work, super useful, and amazingly kind of you to share. This will definitely improve the experience for my new group (and me as a new DM). After some shake down adventures, we just started TOA last week. We are distributed all across the US and I'd been fretting how to deal with the Dino races. As they say, "I came for the dino map, but stayed for the rest!"

Thanks again!

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2018, 09:50
Welcome to FG Ghostwheel, and thanks.

Booker Grimm
May 30th, 2018, 19:57
Hi. How do I download these? I don't see any download link and clicking on the paperlink image does nothing. Am I just being a bit thick?

Cheers.

LordEntrails
May 30th, 2018, 20:26
Hi. How do I download these? I don't see any download link and clicking on the paperlink image does nothing. Am I just being a bit thick?

Cheers.
Usually this is because your browser either is visiting the "mobile site" or has a non-standard theme applied. Make sure you are viewing the "Full Site" and in the bottom left corner select "FG Responsive" for the theme.

Booker Grimm
May 30th, 2018, 22:51
Thanks - Chrome had employed an extension I knew nothing about. Cheers.

claycub
July 2nd, 2018, 02:42
Cheers! These are fantastic. I own CC3+ but I don't know how to do THAT! Man. NICE WORK!

Are they even in business? I had the complete pack but since it was all on floppies I lost abilities to load it any more..:(

LordEntrails
July 2nd, 2018, 03:08
Are they even in business? I had the complete pack but since it was all on floppies I lost abilities to load it any more..:(
Campaign Cartographer / ProFantasy? Absolutely, and they have come a long way since the CC-DOS days. Check them out; www.profantasy.com

Valyar
July 6th, 2018, 16:36
are they even in business? I had the complete pack but since it was all on floppies i lost abilities to load it any more..:(
LOL, golden :)

Irdaland
August 25th, 2018, 20:24
Is this file corrupt? I downloaded and it won't open

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2018, 20:32
How are you trying to open it? Once downloaded put it into your modules folder wherever you have stored your Fantasy Grounds data (click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to open the FGData folder). You can then access the module from within any campaign that you open it in.

If you are trying to access it for use in a ruleset which doesn't recognise the module then first rename the .mod to .zip and then unzip it.