PDA

View Full Version : Adventures without maps....ugh

goodmanje
September 8th, 2017, 06:37
I keep buying these 3rd party adventures that end up having no encounter maps. You would think I'd learn and stop spending the money..... Slaughter at Splinterfang Gorge...no encounter maps, a million encounters.

dellanx
September 8th, 2017, 12:37
Plenty of maps online, or make some. Check out forums Armory Maps (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?90-Maps). The maps need to be 50 pixels x 50 pixels for FG. What type of maps do you need specifically? Example this looks like a gorge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3634&d=1358310224). Tor's Maps are awesome!

Andraax
September 8th, 2017, 12:47
The maps need to be 50 pixels x 50 pixels for FG. What type of maps do you need specifically?

Well, they don't *need* to be. It's a common resolution, but not a requirement.

dellanx
September 8th, 2017, 12:52
Well, they don't *need* to be. It's a common resolution, but not a requirement.

True, just looks better. Originally put in maps any which way. Players complained about tokens overlapping and stuff, had to go back and fix maps. That is a pain, because had to fix all links. Better to do it correctly the first time.

goodmanje
September 8th, 2017, 12:55
Yea, I have a ton of maps. I'll just have to go through the thing and place all the encounters on each map.... I'm used to that with Savage Worlds so I don't know why I'm complaining. The new Paizo adventures are so well done that I'm getting spoiled I suppose.

dellanx
September 8th, 2017, 12:58
Yea, I have a ton of maps. I'll just have to go through the thing and place all the encounters on each map.... I'm used to that with Savage Worlds so I don't know why I'm complaining. The new Paizo adventures are so well done that I'm getting spoiled I suppose.

Since I play twice a week, I have plenty of time to tinker.

Talyn
September 8th, 2017, 13:36
Yea, I have a ton of maps. I'll just have to go through the thing and place all the encounters on each map.... I'm used to that with Savage Worlds...

What's this madness? Savage World uses inches for measurement for all those minis and maps! Of course each adventure includes tons of maps to make everyone's life easier! Oh wait... :confused:

I am kinda shocked that anything for Mathfinder wouldn't have maps since 3E is literally half RPG, half tactical combat game.

goodmanje
September 8th, 2017, 14:06
Lol

Andraax
September 8th, 2017, 14:29
True, just looks better.

No, 500px looks better. But it can cause the clients to crash... :-)

dellanx
September 8th, 2017, 16:21
No, 500px looks better. But it can cause the clients to crash... :-)

Unity FTW! Plus would love a new I9!

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2017, 17:54
Do the next guy to come along a favor, write a review on where ever you bought it and complain about the lack of maps:) The Kickstarter shows one pretty map, but that's it.

IMO, too many adventures don't do enough maps. Look at all of Zacchaeus' map packs for the WotC adventures. In there case they might be limited by page count, but too many times it's simply that the author doesn't want to learn how to make their own maps or hire someone to do it.

Andraax
September 8th, 2017, 18:37
The kickstarter also says that battle maps for all encounters are a stretch goal for raising $6000. They surpassed that total, so the battle maps *should* be included.

Full Bleed
September 8th, 2017, 18:46
Do the next guy to come along a favor, write a review on where ever you bought it and complain about the lack of maps:)
This.

Kind of defeats the purpose of buying "prepared" content when you've still got prep work to do.

dellanx
September 8th, 2017, 19:45
The kickstarter also says that battle maps for all encounters are a stretch goal for raising $6000. They surpassed that total, so the battle maps *should* be included.

That sux, you should get your money back.

goodmanje
September 8th, 2017, 22:39
I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way.