PDA

View Full Version : Coming in Late October... DCC RPG Halloween Module 2017!

leozelig
September 7th, 2017, 11:50
I am planning to run Shadow Under Devil's Reef in late October as long as I can get my hands on a copy. This one-shot adventure is a good chance to try DCC RPG, and you will help me test the latest version of my DCC ruleset. I participated in the module playtest, and it was a fun take on Lovecraftian horror with a bit of a mystery to solve.

I will finalize date/time later, but it will probably be around 8 or 8:30 pm ET (GMT -5) on a weeknight (Tue, Wed, or Thurs most likely). In the meantime, check out the link below...

https://goodman-games.com/blog/2017/09/06/the-shadow-of-halloween/

Talyn
September 7th, 2017, 12:35
If you think your ruleset is up to snuff, you should run it a couple times during FG Con next month!

Lothar the Fellhanded
September 7th, 2017, 23:25
I would love to play! I love DCC, never get to play, and am totally down for a Halloween adventure! The time works for me.

leozelig
September 8th, 2017, 00:54
If you think your ruleset is up to snuff, you should run it a couple times during FG Con next month!

I would love to, but I have to be available for work that weekend. I have had really bad luck with FG Con and work - haven't joined the fun for a couple of years.

Lothar, I will post again if I am definitely running this. I don't *think* it will be a problem getting a copy, but you never know. They seem to wait until the last minute to release the pdf version as a courtesy to the FLGS. Let me know if you have a preferred night. I am thinking Wednesday (10/18 or 10/25), something to look forward to on hump day...

leozelig
September 8th, 2017, 01:17
The module is written by Jon Hook, who wrote the last three Cthulhu modules for Goodman Games. It doesn't seem as creepy or dark as last year's Halloween module, but it is a nice mash-up of weird DCC stuff and that hopeless kind of "things are never going back to normal" Cthulhu vibe.